Let us buy Windswept hair

LifeStyle

Question

10 answers to this question

I dislike hairstyles being purchasable (I know, irony), as it allows the opposite gender to be able to wear/use them.

Perhaps one day we may see a 'barber' in game, which displays the standard hairstyle display options.

If you wish to change your hairstyle right now though, you can use a makeover kit.

22 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

I dislike hairstyles being purchasable (I know, irony), as it allows the opposite gender to be able to wear/use them.

Perhaps one day we may see a 'barber' in game, which displays the standard hairstyle display options.

If you wish to change your hairstyle right now though, you can use a makeover kit.

What is necessarily wrong with opposite gender's being able to have non gender stereotyped haircuts?

We already have lots of male characters wearing pretty bows in their hair, wasn't the main reason that there was even a clear cut character gender cause of storyline dialogue? If so I see no harm in allowing female characters to, if they so choose, wear hairstyles that had the original intention of being for male characters.

I'm honestly not trying to be SJW, im not going on about rights or anything, I just mean this feels more to me like a "No harm, no foul" situation since I cannot think of any reason that stuff like this would negatively impact ANYONE's game

7 minutes ago, Matoka said:

What is necessarily wrong with opposite gender's being able to have non gender stereotyped haircuts?

We already have lots of male characters wearing pretty bows in their hair, wasn't the main reason that there was even a clear cut character gender cause of storyline dialogue? If so I see no harm in allowing female characters to, if they so choose, wear hairstyles that had the original intention of being for male characters.

I'm honestly not trying to be SJW, im not going on about rights or anything, I just mean this feels more to me like a "No harm, no foul" situation since I cannot think of any reason that stuff like this would negatively impact ANYONE's game

I'm sure it wouldn't, but I've had plenty of complaints from people about the lack of visual differentiation between each gender (which is a choice that both we and the vanilla games offer), and I'd like to cater to that.

3 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

I'm sure it wouldn't, but I've had plenty of complaints from people about the lack of visual differentiation between each gender (which is a choice that both we and the vanilla games offer), and I'd like to cater to that.

a barber seems okay

Just now, Darkshade said:

People actually complain that character sprites aren't differentiated enough? what? Who actually complains about that, what is there reasoning for being unhappy about that since it literally just doesn't affect them in any manor, there is literally no impact on player to player interaction due to a character's gender, and I've seen plenty of people in the past fairly annoyed about the gender restrictions on items (This was more apparent when CC2.0 came out) I can state with quite a lot of confidence that far far far more people would be happy with absolute freedom for customization than people that want heavy gender stereotyped restrictions so they can identify an overworld sprite's gender at a glance

These complaints you have received, what was their reasoning behind them, how did it negatively impact them, can you give examples so I can try to wrap my head around this for a second?

6 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Please add a barber, and I also despise the fact that we need a makeover kit to change one little feature on our characters, it just seems so pointless. 

9 hours ago, Darkshade said:

come on fam, buying a makeover kit just to change my hair is pretty gross

I know you bois need to sell RPs but not like thisssssssssss

9 hours ago, Darkshade said:

If the goal was to make male and females look different, then this was a terrible way to do it. If people are complaining about a lack of gender disparity, I don't think they meant "remove things from the genders" that's just silly. 

Huh, this amputee is mad other people have arms and he doesn't... We should cut off everyone else's arms to solve this issue.

33 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

If the goal was to make male and females look different, then this was a terrible way to do it.

Well no, not really -  it's one of the few differences between the genders of this particular sprite-style and it has worked.

33 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

If people are complaining about a lack of gender disparity, I don't think they meant "remove things from the genders" that's just silly. 

Huh, this amputee is mad other people have arms and he doesn't... We should cut off everyone else's arms to solve this issue.

Things were not removed to cater to a new concept, they were misplaced to begin with; they were then moved into the intended category come cc2.0.

There were a lot of things which were overlooked with the initial introduction of Character Customization.

4 hours ago, Bluebird said:

Can we like, fix female hair first? So we can choose something else than twintails.