Buff up the prizes from PokeContests

OrangeManiac

Question

I do acknowledge this exactly shouldn't be the #1 way to farm yourself wealth in this game but especially in the higher ranks the reward you get is quite awful for you economy wise. PokeContests are more of a money sink than way to get some sort of reward by playing and that's not good. I'm fine with some 2-3 berries in Normal/Super Rank PokeContests considering they're so easy to win but when we're reaching up to the Hyper and Master Rank PokeContests I feel like some sort of a better reward should be on place. You usually need to build up your contest condition a lot to win in the higher ranks reliably which costs money (or at least time to create the berries) so having some sort of a reward for that effort is quite needed. I'm suggesting something 5-7 berries for Hyper Rank and 10 for Master Rank in order to make up for the effort you need to have in order to win these. In addition these could be berries that are actually compwise 'useful' instead of berries you just use to blend more PokeBlocks (so more Chesto, Lum, Salac, Petaya, Liechi and less those whatevers which you can't use for anything else but blending more pokeblocks). A little monetary/BP reward for Master Rank win wouldn't be necessarily an awful thing either to encourage to actually play this nice feature instead of farming island NPCs.

4 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

That would be a significantly faster way of obtaining berries than actually growing them, essentially undermining it as a mechanic.

Looking at GTL, I don't think so. The average price of a berry went around 5k before the update, the prizes are now obviously above what they're gonna be in the future as well so it's gonna be between 5-10k. Having a 40-50ish k reward for winning the Master PokeContest isn't exactly a lot considering it takes a lot of time and effort (or yen) to make yourself to be able to compete in that and that it might take multiple tries to win that.

I'm not honestly even arguing they should be berries, they could be pretty much anything from Potions to PokeBalls. But as long as they're worth something would make it more worth while to even play this fun little thing more than once.

e: Yeah I suppose 10 might be a bit too much but it still has to be more than 3.

double e: maybe give a bigger one time reward when a Pokemon wins Master Rank for first time?

Edited by OrangeManiac
cuz reasons