Timer Change

So in the recent update, there was a tweak to the battle timer which removed the return of time when you switch a pokemon. This to me is beneficial, but early on in a match it is not uncommon to swap several times before even making a move. During this time players scout their opponent's team in the match and also run calcs to see when an attack would be of benefit. In all, a lot of time is lost during this period of a match and not gaining time with switches really hinders the progression of a match. 

I would suggest changing the current system to implement the timer change we just got to when the timer hits 30 minutes.

4 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

So in the recent update, there was a tweak to the battle timer which removed the return of time when you switch a pokemon. This to me is beneficial, but early on in a match it is not uncommon to swap several times before even making a move. During this time players scout their opponent's team in the match and also run calcs to see when an attack would be of benefit. In all, a lot of time is lost during this period of a match and not gaining time with switches really hinders the progression of a match. 

I would suggest changing the current system to implement the timer change we just got to when the timer hits 30 minutes.

I agree but like it would be better to happen when it hits 20 minutes, it's already a lot of time and it makes stall battles don't last for an hour. This changed also hurts people who play by themselves, yesterday I lost to timer cause I was calcing and battling by myself and didn't even realize my time was running low, when I realized made a switch and it was over cause the switch didn't add anything back. Maybe when u have support of friends could be better cause they can at least calc for u and let u know the timer is running out but a lonely player struggles a lot with the timer how it is right now

There is one more thing to consider- I remember when I was literally only making switches in the battle to force my opponet into switching as well, to maximize the spikes damage. I was not attacking for many turns, but I kept wearing my opponet down thanks to spikes.

• Kyu locked this topic