Let us evolve too

DoctorPBC

Question

Gonna make this short and sweet

People can swim, people can cut down trees, people can go rock climbing and push boulders if they aesthetic enough... some even try flying if they had enough to drink

So make ingame quests to teach the players themselves HM moves so we dont need to carry a HM slave around everywhere. 

TL:DR: I can swim irl, why cant I swim ingame

11 answers to this question

I think a better idea would be to have Key Items that can function as HM's, but don't require you to have a Pokemon with the move. Each item would either require you to have the corresponding HM to reach it (like having the Surf item on an island in the ocean, or the Strength item behind some rocks), or be available for purchase at the Battle Frontier. 
Some ideas for items would be:
Machete/Hachet = Cut
Rocket Boots or some shit = Fly
Inflatable raft = Surf
Dolly/Handcart = Strength
Flashlight/Lantern = Flash
Hammer = Rock Smash
Something for Waterfall = Waterfall
Scuba gear = Dive

P.S. I totally stole this idea from Pokemon Zeta/Omicron. Good fanmade game if anyone's interested.

18 minutes ago, BigShotJoe said:

I think a better idea would be to have Key Items that can function as HM's, but don't require you to have a Pokemon with the move. Each item would either require you to have the corresponding HM to reach it (like having the Surf item on an island in the ocean, or the Strength item behind some rocks), or be available for purchase at the Battle Frontier. 
Machete/Hachet = Cut
Inflatable raft = Surf
Hammer = Rock Smash
Scuba gear = Dive

P.S. I totally stole this idea from Pokemon Zeta/Omicron. Good fanmade game if anyone's interested.

TL DR: my opinion on how to get the key items....

Yes, i partially watched a pkmn zeta lets play and i agree that that would be the best way to "tackle this problem" the way to obtain them is the real issue.

In order to obtain the we could have to do maybe "side quests" related to the items or maybe (if the staff doest want to program the text and all of that) we could get like "achievements" and get the item

Examples:

Side quest for strength:

Get 20 different fighting type pokemon up to level x and all must be holding *easy to get item* 

Side quest for surf:

Get 20 tentacool encounters while surfing(i know that one is too easy cuz tentacools appear EVERY STEP U TAKE)

Or

Kid: Hey my mom lost her car keys while surfing, trainer can u go find them?

After getting the keys

Kids mom: my son told u to go find my keys and return them, oh sorry for tour trouble.

Kids mom: as a reward take this inflatable raft as a reward!

Edited by RunerD
tl dr
3 hours ago, BigShotJoe said:

Machete/Hachet = Cut
Inflatable raft = Surf
Hammer = Rock Smash
Scuba gear = Dive

That's similar to pokemon Omicron or Insurgence isn't it.Also i agree with you much easier xD

It would be easier to have tournaments and battles in secret bases

Edited by Kouteshi

You guys turn into Animorphs when I wasn't looking? smh

So make ingame quests to teach the players themselves HM moves so we dont need to carry a HM slave around everywhere. 

Something we've been talking about, but side-lined, was the ability for party members to get a 5th move slot dedicated to HMs. Wouldn't be usable in battles, and I'm unsure how it would unlock, but would satisfy the idea. I'll try to work on the concept for one of the supplementals.

TL:DR: I can swim irl, why cant I swim ingame

Because there's 5 trillion poisonous jellyfish floating around. Didn't Oak teach you kids anything?

13 minutes ago, Kyu said:

Something we've been talking about, but side-lined, was the ability for party members to get a 5th move slot dedicated to HMs. Wouldn't be usable in battles, and I'm unsure how it would unlock, but would satisfy the idea. I'll try to work on the concept for one of the supplementals.

I could really get behind this honestly.

2 hours ago, Kyu said:

You guys turn into Animorphs when I wasn't looking? smh

Because there's 5 trillion poisonous jellyfish floating around. Didn't Oak teach you kids anything?

I dont think that adding a 5th move slot would be a good idea cuz, every single (non spinoff) pkmn game has only 4 move slots, its a bit wierd the idea of adding a 5th one imo.

but, if thats what i think migth be the best for the game then for it!!!!

:)

On 25/7/2016 at 3:24 AM, RunerD said:

I dont think that adding a 5th move slot would be a good idea cuz, every single (non spinoff) pkmn game has only 4 move slots, its a bit wierd the idea of adding a 5th one imo.

but, if thats what i think migth be the best for the game then for it!!!!

:)

Yeah, and "Pokemon Farmville Edition" was a thing   736120395.png