The Starter Art Contest: Results!

3wnnGhL.png

Hello PokeMMO Community, I am making this thread to announce the winners of our recent art contest. Please take a moment of your time to congratulate the talented winners, as well as browse through the Imgur album full of all the amazing entries received.

The Starter Art Contest event thread

sumo_starter_sprites_by_tsunfished-da23w

Imgur Album of Entries

Congratulations Moetal on your 1st Place entry!

Judges loved this take on Rowlet's final evolutionary stage. Moetal's interesting Grass/Dragon typing combination really produced an imaginative entry that members of staff used the words "elegant", "regal" and "majestic" to describe. I personally love the antlers that look like tree branches as this really give a nod to the Pokemon's primary typing. Of course Moetal also add's his signature Moemon character, who looks very fitting to represent this Pokemon's evolution line. Gaiagon looks the right amount of tough but also adorable to make a fitting starter Pokemon. Well done Moetal, you submitted a fabulous piece!

CDvceUP.jpg

Congratulations WolfgangDamien on your 2nd Place entry!

Judges felt that WolfgangDamien submitted a very imaginative and detailed entry. We all loved how Wolfgang stayed true to the Fire/Dark typing and even incorporated this in the smaller details of the drawing, Hellion looks truly menacing. One of my favourite parts of this piece is the mane being shaped to the likeness of a skull, it is so subtle that when you do realise its there it adds so much depth to the picture. This is another great quality piece of art from WolfgangDamien and we hope to see many more in future contests! Keep us the amazing creative work, Wolfgang!

CjwJpSo.jpg

Honourable Mentions

Vnives

Judges commented on how realistically Vnive's portrayed Litten's final evolutionary stage.  

bVep4b1.png

WurstPotato

Many judges were in agreement that Gowllant suited the Pokemon art style perfectly.

w2bbnQe.png

• Noad pinned this topic

@Heimann

Let me quote your D.Va

Spoiler

GIT GUD

EDIT:

I'm actually disappointed Daruma did not even get an honorable mention. His work was actually one of my favorites out of all the entries. Below is Daruma's artwork:

Spoiler

0HhpqQb.png

@Daruma Even if the judges won't recognize you, you deserve something. I hope you like this present.

Spoiler

screenshot_1468462295.png

Edited by Moetal

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill take second place to Moetal this time! Their entry was great! 

Im glad you appreciate the work that went into Hellion's design too ^^ I spent all week thinking about his design and had last minute inspiration to change his mane from fire to a skull, and to design his mustache into angry eyebrows for the skull. =p 

• Noad locked and unpinned this topic