PvP Team Slot

Raederz

Question

Hi.

I'm not the only one bored about about that shit :

When you want some pvp, you have to take your comps, and afk, waiting your battle.

What I ask is to have 6 PvE slot, the current ones, that make your team, AND 6 new PvP slots.

Btw, this is not a way to hold 6 Pokemon, there is some things that make the PvP slot un-exploitable for non-pvp things.

A poke in PvP slot :

- Can't use HM.

- Can't battle wild poke.

- Can't battle NPC.

- Can't be traded.

- Can't be used as sprite follower.

The only thing that they can do is PvP. When you start a PvP battle, you fight with the team wich is in your PvP slots.

So you can shiny hunt, isle run, or farm pick up, everstones, or anything you want, AND waiting for a battle in the matchingmaking.

PvE and PvP things being separated, not using the same poke.

A Poke that is in your PvP slot is still in your PC (or in a PvE slot).

Being in the PvP slot only means that he will fight for you when the PvP battle occurs.

Suggestions about how to present it ingame :

Spoiler

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/28/1468342551-sugg.png

Edited by Raederz

9 answers to this question

I like this idea because it's a workaround for the secret base pc issue. I like to chill in my base and just do matchmaking from there, and people have suggested adding pokecenter-style pc support, but it's exploitable. As long as you can't swap pvp and pve on the go, this wouldn't be exploitable. There would definitely be some effects on the game as a whole, with people being able to link double the pokes, traders will probably fill both pvp and pve with pokes they want to sell in trade chat. It might also be confusing, or an intimidating turn off for new players who only casually played the old games, so maybe you could make this optional, something that can be enabled from the menu. Just my thoughts.

5 minutes ago, potalot said:

There would definitely be some effects on the game as a whole, with people being able to link double the pokes, traders will probably fill both pvp and pve with pokes they want to sell in trade chat.

Nope, cuz, in my suggestion, I precised that the PvP slot are useless for nonPvP things, including link in chat :x

2 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Nope, cuz, in my suggestion, I precised that the PvP slot are useless for nonPvP things, including link in chat :x

I didn't know you also meant chat, but I honestly would want to be able to link from both parties myself for various reasons aside from trading. I'm with you though, you could just keep people from linking from the pvp party.

Something that can explain it, being a bit RP :

The PvE slot contains the poke you grab in your pocket to go through running in the wild enjoying fresh air.

The PvP slot poke are not really with you, they only come to you when you start a PvP fight.

Btw, if people think it's good to be able to link from this too, why not, but, looks like a free way to link more pokemon, even if you dont really use it like a PvE/PvP separation.

Edited by Raederz

Dude

31 minutes ago, SirYurop said:

I like this idea a lot but common, to not be able to link them in chat or select as follower its just too much

What the hell you dont understand in : "they stay in the PC" ofc you cant link them or make them follow you they are NOT on you. It would just autoswitch as soon as matchmaking start following same rules has your current party right now.

So this is like the battle box in gens V and VI, right?

I think it's a pretty good idea because it speeds up the team selection for PvP even if you are in the middle of a route or something like that.

On 7/12/2016 at 9:56 AM, Raederz said:

Hi.

I'm not the only one bored about about that shit :

When you want some pvp, you have to take your comps, and afk, waiting your battle.

What I ask is to have 6 PvE slot, the current ones, that make your team, AND 6 new PvP slots.

Btw, this is not a way to hold 6 Pokemon, there is some things that make the PvP slot un-exploitable for non-pvp things.

A poke in PvP slot :

- Can't use HM.

- Can't battle wild poke.

- Can't battle NPC.

- Can't be traded.

- Can't be used as sprite follower.

The only thing that they can do is PvP. When you start a PvP battle, you fight with the team wich is in your PvP slots.

So you can shiny hunt, isle run, or farm pick up, everstones, or anything you want, AND waiting for a battle in the matchingmaking.

PvE and PvP things being separated, not using the same poke.

A Poke that is in your PvP slot is still in your PC (or in a PvE slot).

Being in the PvP slot only means that he will fight for you when the PvP battle occurs.

Suggestions about how to present it ingame :

Reveal hidden contents

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/28/1468342551-sugg.png

Really i love this idea.

I think also that it should include several team list options.

Enabling you to pick your pokemon from teams that you've registered as battling competitive teams.

It would enable us to quickly pick which team we would like to use before pvp matchmaking while still allowing us to do other things.

For example slot a team 1

Slot B team 2

Slot c team 3

That would allow us to quickly choose the party we would like to use in this battle bases off of the 3 we registered in our battle box.

; )