I Looked Into The Whole Shiny Thing [Message To The Devs]

1 hour ago, LilyRox said:

Trade-able shinies were one of the dumbest things added to this game. Having it implemented is practically just asking for real world trading and botting. If shinies weren't trade-able they would actually be special even at a 1/8,000 rate. Owning a shiny right now doesn't mean much since most people don't check the OT and a lot of them are just bought from people. I quit over a year ago because of this impossible shiny rate crap. There's no point in playing if admins are going to dangle "secret" ratio's and algorithms for catching shinies behind closed doors. Could be 1/20,000, 1/40,000, 1/100,000, donator only, etc. There's no point in wasting time on it after you beat the game since the only way to know is to see the code yourself or waste thousands of hours testing your own theories.

You are so bitter that you needed to come back after a year to post this?

2 hours ago, KingBowser said:

You are so bitter that you needed to come back after a year to post this?

Came back to see if the game changed after all this Pokemon Go hype and it did not. Not even bitter, I got shinies on this game in its early days. I only left after the shiny change ratio "revamp" due to the lack of trust between admins. Not willing to shiny farm when the shiny rate could be changed to 0 at any given moment and no one would probably notice it.

The sad thing is this seems to be in the same exact place stuck in limbo as when I left over a year ago. 

Edited by LilyRox
2 hours ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

Why would you think that would influence this game in any way, 

i think it's more that the hype brought the curiosity, not that it would've brought the change. 

like person playing pokemon go remembers this game exists after a long time gone and thinks "i wonder if it's any better now"

12 minutes ago, Kiliminati said:

Good to see that what Jay and I started a year ago is still remembered in all its glory

implying it wasn't Plizard who set off this autistic chain reaction of threads years ago

I adore this MMO and even have a team that exists just for the purpose of improving its community but.....try shiny hunting for 9 months while having donator status the entire time......   .-. wasted money

1 hour ago, frogbussoms said:

Meh I just goto big pokemon shiny hunter forums and tell everyone never play pokemmo if you like OT shinies.

Other than shiny mechanics this MMO kicks ass though.

If all ur complains were encounter, u probably would have a shiny

On 7/20/2016 at 5:14 AM, Raederz said:

If all ur complains were encounter, u probably would have a shiny

Everytime you tell someone they haven't put in enough effort when you have no clue how much time and effort they have put into the game.

Go Duck yourself.

Edited by frogbussoms
  • 7 years later...
On 7/5/2016 at 12:13 PM, RedSoulz said:

I totally agree with this thread. The Shiny encounter rate should be the same for all of the accounts that people are playing on. It makes no sense that one account has the chance of encountering more Shiny Pokemon over another account. No one is complaining in this thread, but is rather promoting the idea that the Shiny encounter rate should be more fair to the current community base. New players/accounts should not have the benefit of encountering more shiny Pokemon, but instead should have the same encounter rate. Otherwise people can just keep making new accounts until they find one that they feel like they are encountering more shiny Pokemon and could abuse this sort of system. All about equality and fairness for all players. This really can let down veteran players and is not fair for them at all. 

I also think that if you do have a system that changes the shiny rate for different players and it changes over time, be transparent about it. Let the players know. Not ideal but better than hiding it

19 minutes ago, cmantheninja said:

I also think that if you do have a system that changes the shiny rate for different players and it changes over time, be transparent about it. Let the players know. Not ideal but better than hiding it

You are replying to a more than 7 year old post, shiny rate is in fact the same for everyone (1/30k) unless u alter it with shiny charm and/or donator - available to everyone, so everyone has the same chances of finding a shiny.

21 minutes ago, Gruul said:

You are replying to a more than 7 year old post, shiny rate is in fact the same for everyone (1/30k) unless u alter it with shiny charm and/or donator - available to everyone, so everyone has the same chances of finding a shiny.

I was not paying attention to the date lol