I Looked Into The Whole Shiny Thing [Message To The Devs]

As what i have read and understand..some people are worried about the booming shiny economy of pokemmo..i don't think people who found shiny are cheating and making new account to have a shiny. In fact, i can attest that its all about wondering around every corner of pokemmo even with or without a donator status that getting bump into a shiny is an unforseen situation. When i have found my first OT shiny, I was just looking for a breeder for my comp team (with no donator status). Then i was motivated and stay all night long for how many weeks with my donator status..hopping for a new OT shiny pokemon...then i almost surrender and found another..Now, I am still looking around trying new places to places looking for an odd color pokemon. While, some ppl are too lazy to grind or to wonder in different places. Well, i say its all about patience and luck.

On 09/07/2016 at 7:07 PM, Kite said:

If only the game used the static rate of shinies from the games from the start, and there wouldn't had been a ruckus. I mean out of all the Pokemon Games I played on the handhelds. Only in Pokemon Diamond I had gotten a shiny (which was a Tentacruel). So I doubt the original rate for the games would be that much of a problem. 

Mods or devs (?) explained that already. The influx off shinys per day would be huge.  1 player ≠ 1000 players

5 hours ago, MirandaKun said:

Mods or devs (?) explained that already. The influx off shinys per day would be huge.  1 player ≠ 1000 players

They care more about the economy than the actual gameplay experience for anyone who wishes to shiny hunt. Basically removing one more activity a player should be allowed to experience.

57 minutes ago, frogbussoms said:

They care more about the economy than the actual gameplay experience for anyone who wishes to shiny hunt. Basically removing one more activity a player should be allowed to experience.

it's almost like they're developing an MMO or something. You can experience shiny hunting, it is indeed a thing you can do. It just takes a lot longer in this than it could in the handhelds. The payoff of that is that getting a shiny in this is MUCH more rewarding. Shinies are practically nothing in cartridges because when you look at them in a worldwide perspective and start trading, they're fucking everywhere and don't have much of any charm to them.

1 hour ago, Rigamorty said:

it's almost like they're developing an MMO or something. You can experience shiny hunting, it is indeed a thing you can do. It just takes a lot longer in this than it could in the handhelds. The payoff of that is that getting a shiny in this is MUCH more rewarding. Shinies are practically nothing in cartridges because when you look at them in a worldwide perspective and start trading, they're fucking everywhere and don't have much of any charm to them.

It's because people hack their shinies in the handhelds.

3 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

my only questions are, is the shiny rate the same for everyone ignoring donator status? or is it a number that changes like kyu mentioned way back when? if it is a single solid number can we know it?

There's a solid chance (?/?) that depends on an rng.  However different things contribute to make it less likely for people to meet a shiny in certain situations.  Donator status makes it more likely to find shinies, and hordes make it easier to find shinies.

I'm not going to tell people how to abuse the current system, but I can tell you what the forum already knows.

1 minute ago, Pythonhier said:

There's a solid chance (?/?) that depends on an rng.  However different things contribute to make it less likely for people to meet a shiny in certain situations.  Donator status makes it more likely to find shinies, and hordes make it easier to find shinies.

I'm not going to tell people how to abuse the current system, but I can tell you what the forum already knows.

im hoping for a official response so we dont need the "???"

i've been around a long long time and stole many a mans soul and faith.

1 hour ago, Pythonhier said:

No. No they don't. Unless you consider standard 'use' as 'abuse'.

You can pm me your theory, but stop spreading misinformation.

1 hour ago, Raederz said:

U probably would love a game where you find shiny, but every others players too, every 4 seconds, without even farming.

1/8000 is actually hard to roll, and the MMO dev's made it harder than 1/8000 to prevent a flood.

But I could care less if other people have shinies, I just want to feel like my searching isn't for nothing.

1 hour ago, frogbussoms said:

1/8000 is actually hard to roll, and the MMO dev's made it harder than 1/8000 to prevent a flood.

But I could care less if other people have shinies, I just want to feel like my searching isn't for nothing.

Well, if you really search, it is not for nothing.

18 hours ago, MirandaKun said:

I know WHY they did, I seen it be explained at around 2013. But the problems it been causing isn't worth that kind of effort.

10 hours ago, Raederz said:

U probably would love a game where you find shiny, but every others players too, every 4 seconds, without even farming.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

@desu 

15 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

is the shiny rate the same for everyone ignoring donator status? or is it a number that changes like kyu mentioned way back when? if it is a single solid number can we know it?

i promise i'll shut up for at least a month if you answer.

2 hours ago, Raederz said:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy

I obviously exagerated to show that the current number of shinies implemented everyday is good enought.

Lets try to understand a sentence, dont just read it.

i never claimed anything about your statement other then the fault of your logic. you assumed i meant your position is wrong and not just your logic. and arguing that you your position is sound "because" and that fault in your logic is the fault of you and not the position does not actually help your position. you can not argue that you are bad at arguing while continuing to argue. that's just nonsense.

and im not just poking wholes in how you think and argue for no reason. im doing so in the hope you are compelled to learn better logic and debating skills. the site i linked is a good start.

7 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

i never claimed anything about your statement other then the fault of your logic. you assumed i meant your position is wrong and not just your logic. and arguing that you your position is sound "because" and that fault in your logic is the fault of you and not the position does not actually help your position. you can not argue that you are bad at arguing while continuing to argue. that's just nonsense.

and im not just poking wholes in how you think and argue for no reason. im doing so in the hope you are compelled to learn better logic and debating skills. the site i linked is a good start.

Your message is really hard to read.. I dont know if it comes from the uselessness of it, or from your superior attitude, showing mistakes everywhere.