I Looked Into The Whole Shiny Thing [Message To The Devs]

24 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Some staff member must have been trolling me when I got one whilst in the PC.

Oh yea

Can we have it where you don't get AFK DC'd because all you have been doing is using the PC and GTL? Clicking buttons in the UI apparently doesn't count as something to flag you as not being afk, which I think is kinda silly.

Never got captcha'd, although I made a lot of bot-like stuff, such as paydaying everyday, at the same places, with almost the exact same routines. Can I please get one? I want a shiny, I'm not a bot :)

And for those who say "complain will never get to something here", well... you weren't at "THE SHINY THREAD" where a guy discovered what a lie donator status was with that 1/8192 shiny rate and the Devs had to donate-donator status to a lot of people then.

10 hours ago, Gilan said:

This was the most interesting thing I learned today. Now I know why I've never been captcha'd, and why some players have been spammed with them, lol. I feel like there have been a few instances of abuse of power in the past.

I actually want to address this statement because I feel like a lot of you have taken this sentiment away from Desu's post. 

Let me make the following quite clear as a long standing member of the Game Master team here. A GM will not issue captchas to players unless we strongly suspect a player of botting. Not only this but we would certainly under no circumstances harass or spam a player with repeated captchas. I can assure you that any Game Master purposely spamming a player captchas to "troll" or annoy a player would NOT be a Game Master for very long. 

I do not want players to think that the GMs on the team have an attitude of "Hurr durr that guy is a bit of a douche let's send him a captcha for no reason while he is playing a tournament to piss him off." Because I can promise and assure you that in my time as a GM here that has simply not happened. 

4 hours ago, Noad said:

I actually want to address this statement because I feel like a lot of you have taken this sentiment away from Desu's post. 

Let me make the following quite clear as a long standing member of the Game Master team here. A GM will not issue captchas to players unless we strongly suspect a player of botting. Not only this but we would certainly under no circumstances harass or spam a player with repeated captchas. I can assure you that any Game Master purposely spamming a player captchas to "troll" or annoy a player would NOT be a Game Master for very long. 

I do not want players to think that the GMs on the team have an attitude of "Hurr durr that guy is a bit of a douche let's send him a captcha for no reason while he is playing a tournament to piss him off." Because I can promise and assure you that in my time as a GM here that has simply not happened. 

During the North Pole event I literally got captcha'd once every 15 minutes for hours. Hard to not look like a bot when you have to go down the same single wide path to get those parts lol. Would have thought after getting 2 or 3 correct it would have stopped.

9 hours ago, Noad said:

Maybe is the captcha system wasn't such shit we wouldn't think it was GMs in the first place.

9 hours ago, Noad said:

The moment I saw this I wanted to post something...but I'd rather not. 

EDIT: IMA post it cuz i feel like I can do what I want ;D

Edited by Legionaire
10 hours ago, Noad said:

But no one is saying if captchas hinder shiny rate or not, really that's all I want to know.

22 minutes ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

But no one is saying if captchas hinder shiny rate or not, really that's all I want to know.

Ofc it does what are you thinking? You think when they send you a captcha it's out the goodness of their hearts?? Captcha's are sent to those who are ''believed'' to be botting or shit. What happens if someone assumes you are botting??The shiny chances get lowered.(ASSUMPTIONS the mother of all f*** ups)

12 minutes ago, Legionaire said:

Ofc it does what are you thinking? You think when they send you a captcha it's out the goodness of their hearts?? Captcha's are sent to those who are ''believed'' to be botting or shit. What happens if someone assumes you are botting??The shiny chances get lowered.(ASSUMPTIONS the mother of all f*** ups)

First off chill out

Secondly devs never confirmed if they did or didn't, and any statements regarding it were vague

2 hours ago, Legionaire said:

Your shiny rate doesn't get lowered from a captcha being issued, chill out. I don't believe this was ever stated by Kyu in that shiny thread, it's a rumour.

I will reiterate what I said before, a game master will not spam a player repeatedly with captchas over and over. So if this is an issue that a lot of you are experiencing then perhaps this issue needs to be looked at by the powers that be. 

On July 5, 2016 at 6:07 PM, Matoka said:

Oh yea

Can we have it where you don't get AFK DC'd because all you have been doing is using the PC and GTL? Clicking buttons in the UI apparently doesn't count as something to flag you as not being afk, which I think is kinda silly.

I suggested this once actually. Apparently moving a pokemons spot interrupts it, although opening and closing summaries do not. So just move a poke every 15 minutes or so and you're fine. 

Also so weird how many people experience captchas. And not only just once. In all the monotonous shitty grinding I've done I've never gotten one.