I Looked Into The Whole Shiny Thing [Message To The Devs]

For me, shinys and shiny hunting sucess depends a lot on ur mindset and how u feel about shiny hunting, rather than a "shiny rate" or "how much does the game thinks ur cheating", if a player has this mindset of "my acount is cursed because i grind a lot so my rate is probably 1/100k", then most likely this player is not even gona commit to shiny hunt, which makes his chances of finding a shiny very low. On the other side, there are these players that are patient, enjoy shiny hunting, and, on most cases, they dont care if it takes a day, a week, or 3 months of straight hunting to find a shiny, and wont stop until eventually they find what they want.

11 minutes ago, chesars said:

For me, shinys and shiny hunting sucess depends a lot on ur mindset and how u feel about shiny hunting, rather than a "shiny rate" or "how much does the game thinks ur cheating", if a player has this mindset of "my acount is cursed because i grind a lot so my rate is probably 1/100k", then most likely this player is not even gona commit to shiny hunt, which makes his chances of finding a shiny very low. On the other side, there are these players that are patient, enjoy shiny hunting, and, on most cases, they dont care if it takes a day, a week, or 3 months of straight hunting to find a shiny, and wont stop until eventually they find what they want.

First off, who enjoys shiny hunting? It's monotonous

And even if I had the right mindset, who's to say I would even find one? And what if you have a good mindset but your account is cursed? That pretty much means you waste hours of your life on a lost cause in hopes that you might encounter a shiny. What frustrates me the most is that the devs leave is in the dark 90% of the time, how hard is it to give a straight forward answer

9 minutes ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

And even if I had the right mindset, who's to say I would even find one? And what if you have a good mindset but your account is cursed? That pretty much means you waste hours of your life on a lost cause in hopes that you might encounter a shiny. What frustrates me the most is that the devs leave is in the dark 90% of the time, how hard is it to give a straight forward answer

A lot of people enjoy shiny hunting as weird as it sounds, and pokemmo is not the only pokemon game, so alot of hunters play on other games too. And shiny hunting is indeed a waste of time lol. playing games in general is kinda a waste of time, ur not doing anything productive, just entertaining urself with games. also if ur acount is cursed because they think ur cheating dont u think u eventually would get banned? either that or u just stop having a cursed acount because they cant prove ur cheating.

Edited by chesars
8 minutes ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

I enjoy it.

I always have more than one spot to never be bored.

The main spot, containing the shiny I want the most. Horde spot if possible. 80% of my hunting time.

Lot of other spots, with shinies I like, Hordes if possible, 10% of my hunting time.

And others spots where I just catch everything, to make money, or breed.

We an sit here and uguu all day about how the shiny rate favors nubs, is against veteran players and shiny hunters alike, and how the anti-cheating/botting system only does harm. It won't do anything. We can keep complaining but nothing will be done about it (unless by some miracle devs get their arses and listen to the community.) You people would have better lucking killing a chansey with a feebas than changing the minds of devs.

Shinies and you: An informative PSA

While there's nothing to say that hasn't already been said in some form or another, here's a few important facts that keep being distorted.

• Aside from Donator Status, there are no significant ways in which players can boost their shiny rates.
  • New players do not have a better chance than older.
  • Most importantly RNG is RNG, there is no guarantee to get a shiny in 100,000,000,000 encounters. Each encounter is a new RNG roll, independent of any previous.
  • Statistical outliers will exist in both extremes.
  • For every new player who gets a shiny, many thousand more do not.
  • Encountering lots of things, like using Hordes, is still the most effective way to encounter a shiny.

And here's some data. 

Of the last 100 captured shinies:

• The average played time is 15.76 days. (11.33 days if ignoring top 3/bottom 3 outliers)
  • The minimum played time is 1.67 hours.
  • The highest played time is 235 days.
  • 78 out of 100 were captured with a player with more than 1 day of played time.
Just now, Bluejim said:

Pretty sure he farms like 24/7.

1 minute ago, Desu said:

He has 235+ days of played time and farms for shinies a bunch +  RNG + outlier? It would be more surprising if there WASN'T someone with 12 OTs.

How would that not trigger an anti-bot/cheat system? Players who farm for only a few hours get one or even many captchas, and THAT much constant farming doesn't raise any suspicion? What the actual fuck

9 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

What's this then

Hide contents

Direct attention the 'how new you are' if you're confused still.

I'v said it before, I'm sure Kyu's post was half-troll anyway, don't take it too seriously.

Edited by KaynineXL
7 minutes ago, Desu said:

He has 235+ days of played time and farms for shinies a bunch +  RNG + outlier? It would be more surprising if there WASN'T someone with 12 OTs.

There are players who played more then 235 days+ and bought donator and still didn't encounter a single shiny!

Just Like to add that Flare had over 6000 hours before encountering his first shiny...

Edited by Legionaire
3 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

How would that not trigger an anti-bot/cheat system? Players who farm for only a few hours get one or even many captchas, and THAT much constant farming doesn't raise any suspicion? What the actual fuck

Captchas are primarily non-automated human intervention. I don't want to get into this too much though.

1 minute ago, Legionaire said:

there are players who played more then 235 days+ and bought donator and still didn't encounter a single shiny!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy

11 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

So explain how there's a dude with 12 OTs

Well @LifeStyle, I'm always shiny hunting with Jonulo, and I can tell you he hunts 24/7. He has a huge amount of hours played, so is normal to have 12 OTs. Stop complaining about shiny rate, and that goes for everyone. Shinies are not really important, just a way to show your dedication to hunt, or just pure luck.

Grind for hundreds or thousands of hours, then you could start feeling bad for not getting shinies. As it is RNG, we cant do anything, just pray Helix.

1 minute ago, Zigh said:

Well @LifeStyle, I'm always shiny hunting with Jonulo, and I can tell you he hunts 24/7. He has a huge amount of hours played, so is normal to have 12 OTs. Stop complaining about shiny rate, and that goes for everyone. Shinies are not really importantjust a way to show your dedication to hunt, or just pure luck.

Grind for hundreds or thousands of hours, then you could start feeling bad for not getting shinies. As it is RNG, we cant do anything, just pray Helix.

Are you kidding me?

Can't we even agree that shiny rate is random and we complain because RNG mindscrew us. We can't do anything about RNG rather than praying for it.

You expect to get a shiny in 100k encounters, yet no shiny after that. It's cause RNG has noped your hope.