I Looked Into The Whole Shiny Thing [Message To The Devs]

I have to call you developers out on this one.  I'm rather annoyed that you would implement a setup like this.  I'm not going to explain it all cause you guy's want to keep it a secret from your players (but a lot of players already have found out how to abuse this broken system).

I'm just going to tell it to you straight, many MMO's have tried to control rare drops/encounters in various other games, and the same conclusion is always met. You can't penalize your good players, cause your scared of someone using bots, hacks, or cheats.  It's unfair to your loyal players, your new players, and it creates confusion, and chaos.

Shiny encounters, same with wild pokemons held item rates should stay as flat rates to give EVERYONE an equal chance, and that is what truly makes getting a shiny, or rare item important to a player.

Right now what I see is a lot of loyal characters getting penalized for playing.  Hardly any cheating to begin with.  Then a small group of players abusing your current shiny system, and building profit off it, which is unfair to your loyal players, and new players.

If you ever do have a problem with botting, cheating, or hacking.  Then you need a better staff to stop it, not attempt to implement a broken system to try and take an easy route out.  Other games have tried to do the same, and they have failed just like you guys are right now with your current shiny system.

I have nothing against the dev's. I'm sure you're* all great people.  I also don't mean any offense.  I am just saying what you might already know, or telling you what you should take a moment and consider.

*Thank-you TeamRocketHarry

Edited by Pythonhier
you're
27 minutes ago, Pythonhier said:

I have to call you developers out on this one.  I'm rather annoyed that you would implement a setup like this.  I'm not going to explain it all cause you guy's want to keep it a secret from your players (but a lot of players already have found out how to abuse this broken system).

I'm just going to tell it to you straight, many MMO's have tried to control rare drops/encounters in various other games, and the same conclusion is always met. You can't penalize your good players, cause your scared of someone using bots, hacks, or cheats.  It's unfair to your loyal players, your new players, and it creates confusion, and chaos.

Shiny encounters, same with wild pokemons held item rates should stay as flat rates to give EVERYONE an equal chance, and that is what truly makes getting a shiny, or rare item important to a player.

Right now what I see is a lot of loyal characters getting penalized for playing.  Hardly any cheating to begin with.  Then a small group of players abusing your current shiny system, and building profit off it, which is unfair to your loyal players, and new players.

If you ever do have a problem with botting, cheating, or hacking.  Then you need a better staff to stop it, not attempt to implement a broken system to try and take an easy route out.  Other games have tried to do the same, and they have failed just like you guys are right now with your current shiny system.

I have nothing against the dev's. I'm sure your all great people.  I also don't mean any offense.  I am just saying what you might already know, or telling you what you should take a moment and consider.

you're*

7 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Another tread and still no one knows if "good players" are really disadvantaged.

They told rate is not fixed, who told it was bad for farmers ?

This single response alone tells players that by doing repetitive tasks lower your chances of finding a shiny.  So EV training, Catching multple of the same pokemon for breeding.  Breeding.  All decrese your chance of finding a shiny.  Litterally the top 3 things a competitive player does.

Edited by Pythonhier

I totally agree with this thread. The Shiny encounter rate should be the same for all of the accounts that people are playing on. It makes no sense that one account has the chance of encountering more Shiny Pokemon over another account. No one is complaining in this thread, but is rather promoting the idea that the Shiny encounter rate should be more fair to the current community base. New players/accounts should not have the benefit of encountering more shiny Pokemon, but instead should have the same encounter rate. Otherwise people can just keep making new accounts until they find one that they feel like they are encountering more shiny Pokemon and could abuse this sort of system. All about equality and fairness for all players. This really can let down veteran players and is not fair for them at all. 

9 minutes ago, RedSoulz said:

No one is complaining in this thread, but is rather promoting the idea that the Shiny encounter rate should be more fair to the current community base. 

For most people here, you 'complain' when you try to think out of the box. It is easier to just stay in the boring Status Quo, bearing with the rigged (and horrendously wrong calculated) RNG and the poor decisions.

Edited by DoomedRaven

oh look it's this thread again. That picture of Kyu's post, which is more than a year old, doesn't really help anymore about the shiny rate. Here's another picture of a more recent post by Kyu saying that it doesn't matter.

13260236_2040627869495905_42587151207336

Your first paragraph also sounds like bs, because you just kept the "secret" to yourself foregoing any evidence since it's not being presented. Without that this is all here say.

Edited by TheOriginal
1 hour ago, Raederz said:

Another tread and still no one knows if "good players" are really disadvantaged.

They told rate is not fixed, who told it was bad for farmers ?

Why doesn't quote's work properly in this forum?  Honestly I would like this to be fixed first -_-

3 minutes ago, TheOriginal said:

oh look it's this thread again. That picture of Kyu's post, which is more than a year old, doesn't really help anymore about the shiny rate. Here's another picture of a more recent post by Kyu saying that it doesn't matter.

13260236_2040627869495905_42587151207336

You realize he just says "majority of cases".  If you have ever been a moderator, admin, or developer of a video game then you would know that by saying difinitive information could lead to an ultimate demise, or very positive feedback.  However if you say giant maybe's in a way the viewer would like to hear, then you can get away with out being difinitive.

That's all he did here, just shows he's a good admin, he never gave any difinitive information, like he did on the actual shiny update.  However giving us the information he did on the Shiny update was giving us too much info that they wanted to avoid in the first place.

I find this post useful, and at the same time useless af. It is true that changing the shiny rate might be unfair to those loyal players, but welp, Im one of those loyal players, that spend hundreds of hours to find a shiny, and it doesnt bother me. It even makes a shiny enconter more rewarding.

As always, this is just an opinión.

5 minutes ago, Zigh said:

I find this post useful, and at the same time useless af. It is true that changing the shiny rate might be unfair to those loyal players, but welp, Im one of those loyal players, that spend hundreds of hours to find a shiny, and it doesnt bother me. It even makes a shiny enconter more rewarding.

As always, this is just an opinión.

Nothing to say more, can close, bye.

I did edit my post, I'd like to see a response to the whole thing. 

8 minutes ago, Pythonhier said:

You realize he just says "majority of cases".  If you have ever been a moderator, admin, or developer of a video game then you would know that by saying difinitive information could lead to an ultimate demise, or very positive feedback.  However if you say giant maybe's in a way the viewer would like to hear, then you can get away with out being difinitive.

That's all he did here, just shows he's a good admin, he never gave any difinitive information, like he did on the actual shiny update.  However giving us the information he did on the Shiny update was giving us too much info that they wanted to avoid in the first place.

I'm gonna trust the admins responses over rumors any day.