Ghost data

pachima

Question

Hello, I was building a comp, when I got this idea.

Create an npc who can create a ghost data of one of your pokemon.

How it works:

Imagine you have just finished that beauty 5x31 natured heracross, which you created for a sub reversal set.

But now you realize you also wanted a choice banded one.

My idea is:

Go to the npc, pay the necessary money (the better the pokemon is, more expensive) and create a replica of your pokemon (same level, ivs, nature, etc.). This replica can only switch between your party and a special pc slot, and can´t be sold/traded/bred.

So, in this case, you just jave to switch the moves the heracross has and replace them to a choice band one.

I´m not sure if I made myself clear, but tell me what you think.

PROS:

You don´t have to breed twice the same mon for different sets

Since you can´t literally do nothing with it except for battling, you can´t abuse this  (at least of what I can think of)

It´s also a decent money sink.

CONS:

Coding, I guess.

May or not (not sure) have impact on the price of some comps, but this is mere speculation.

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Bestfriends said:

I completely oppose this idea because it would hurt a lot of people if this was ever implemented. This would also break the economy, so I don't see this happening at all.

Could you maybe elaborate on how this idea will hurt people/break the economy? Or are you just going to leave the post be without supporting your claims?

1 hour ago, Bestfriends said:

I completely oppose this idea because it would hurt a lot of people if this was ever implemented. This would also break the economy, so I don't see this happening at all.

Thats why you are paying to get the replica of your pokemon. It is basically a faster method to get a pokemon you wished to get with a different set than one you already own. The pricing should be around its breeding price (maybe a bit less cause you cant sell it afterwards).

1 hour ago, notmudkip0 said:

Could you maybe elaborate on how this idea will hurt people/break the economy?

1 hour ago, pachima said:

Thats why you are paying to get the replica of your pokemon. It is basically a faster method to get a pokemon you wished to get with a different set than one you already own. The pricing should be around its breeding price (maybe a bit less cause you cant sell it afterwards).

Good evening, I hope everyone is doing well. Let me elaborate on my reasoning,

1. (To a certain someone): please stop maligning me.

2. The answer to your question is that people won't rely on the player base nor will they strive to catch pokemon to breed another copy. Yes, its expensive, but I see a potential backlash from all the breeders. If you want another comp, you should breed another comp via catching wild breeders and breeding them. You are relying on a NPC to do your job or another person's job.

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification
3 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

1. (To a certain someone): please stop maligning me. Asking a question is maligning? kek

3 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

2. The answer to your question is that people won't rely on the player base nor will they strive to catch pokemon to breed another copy. Yes, its expensive, but I see a potential backlash from all the breeders. If you want another comp, you should breed another comp via catching wild breeders and breeding them. You are relying on a NPC to do your job or another person's job.

That's fair enough, just wanted some reasoning really. (Don't get why my post was deleted over questions, but staff will be staff)

I really don't like this Idea, and I'm sorry but I just don't support it.
To me something about it just seems too "convenient".

I don't think it is a good Idea to make it easier and easier.

That to me would just ruin the fun of the game.

Not to mention. I kind of enjoy even just breeding several of the same pokemon for different moves and etc.