Completed OT Dex = Gain 5k BP + 50k + 900 RP + Special Vanity Item

Bestfriends

Question

dc5943299c1d665e71af43f81f10af26.pngCompleted OT Dex = Gain 5k BP + 50k + 900RP + Special Vanity Itemdc5943299c1d665e71af43f81f10af26.png

ba64c247339806fc909f66a9deb36115.png

I was thinking about something that wouldn't damage the economy, but at the same time, could only be temporary. The Master Ball should be saved for the "Owned" part of the dex because there is no monetary gain in keeping the ball, however, Battle points, Reward Points, and a Special Vanity Item are in my view nice rewards. People can buy secret base items for their bases in Hoenn, buy a decent vanity item with 900 Reward Points, pay some of their breeding expenses, and a Special Vanity Item that would lock into the person's account.

e75c59c74ca7569072b4933dccf56b2a.gifPossible Questionse75c59c74ca7569072b4933dccf56b2a.gif

1. How do you obtain the Battle Points, PokeYen, Reward Points, and Special Vanity Item?

Answer 1: After you complete the OT dex, go to the Game Freak Building in Celadon City or Lilycove Hotel and talk to either one of these guys....

8a369b7202c923193436ac18f8767a0b.png

021e4fc01732e822b1ce1a15dec2dd53.png

Possible Script: "I am the game designer. Oh my, you completed the "OT" part of the Pokedex! I want to give you somethings I acquired myself!"

Obtained 5000 Battle Points, Obtained 50,000, Obtained 900 Reward Points, Obtained [Special Vanity Item]

Closing statement: "Enjoy your bundle package!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Can this feature break the economy?

Answer 3: I wouldn't think so since 5k Battle Points is not that much, 50k PokeYen is a nice chunk, but not good enough, 900 Reward Points is still a lot, but it doesn't endanger those who sell Reward Points, and the Special Vanity Item is going to be locked into your character, so you cannot sell it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

df71181a1649ba7058bbd39245646081.pngOverall Summarydf71181a1649ba7058bbd39245646081.png

I was contemplating on a bundle of rewards that wouldn't break the economy. I don't think this reward will break the economy, but my bundle package is quite a nifty reward. Hats are off for people who completed the OT dex.

Spoiler

Credit goes to LifeStyle, Liberalisme, Risadex, Gruul, Lazaro23, and Matota for adding extra things to my suggestion!

Edited by Bestfriends
Added some things to the Suggestion

22 answers to this question

1 minute ago, LifeStyle said:

5k Battle Points is way low for today's standards, you literally get 6k Bps from winning 2 ranked matches (8k-2k you spend to sign).

That's the point I am trying to convey, I don't want to damage the economy, so I am purposing something that will get the job done.

Just now, Bestfriends said:

That's the point I am trying to convey, I don't want to damage the economy, so I am purposing something that will get the job done.

But then you would just get a pity reward for something that isn't that easy to achieve, at least for lazy peeps like me

6 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

But then you would just get a pity reward for something that isn't that easy to achieve, at least for lazy peeps like me

True, but its not easy to get 5,000 Battle Points from the Battle Frontier unless you have a heavy hitter and a tank in your team. Most people in this game are not comp like us, so this would be a more "tangible" reward for people who don't want to work (competitively) for their Battle Points and instead earn them via completing the Caught OT dex.

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification
1 minute ago, Bestfriends said:

True, but its not easy to get 5,000 Battle Points from the Battle Frontier unless you have a heavy hitter and a tank in your team. Most people in this game are not comp like us, so this would be a more "tangible" reward for people who don't want to work for their Battle Points and instead earn them via completing the Caught OT dex.

But who even uses BF now?

1 hour ago, Liberalisme said:

Why not give reward points.

totally agree, it should be like 1k or 1,5k RP

and staff cant say inst healtthy and people would farm in multiple accounts and broke the economy, its just put  the flag "need have Mewtwo and Rayquaza on dex" - its would be really harder, but instead 1.5k RP the system could give u 1 month donator status, isnt an easy achiev imo

Cap, we are still friends, but I don't control what is on or off my suggestions (to be honest, I had a good chuckle when I saw your post). The moderators would like an argument with substance rather than sarcasm.

I am not doing this for the fame, I am doing this because I feel that there should be a reward instead of a diploma. I remember breaking my back with completing the dex (on the GBA games) and I was upset when the guys at Game Freak Tower gave me a diploma. That's why I am purposing a change (although I would still like a Diploma in my Secret Base).

6 hours ago, Liberalisme said:

Why not give reward points.

If you guys don't mind, I am going to comment to both of your posts. Reward points is not a bad idea, but economically speaking, its not good for the people who sell Reward Points. How about people who earn their reward points by winning an official? What happens if they want to sell their RP for in game profit? I mean its a good idea, but it needs to be tweaked a little, perhaps 900 Reward Points instead of 1k or 1.5k.

Edited by Pereiraa
Sorry but had to remove quotes from removed content.

@Bestfriends

well... I dont think complete 357 pokemons (including mewtwo and rayquaza) its easy. I mean, the time u ll spend to evolve them, catch the rare ones, safari ones... it probably will be spented much time.

I  spent like 8~9hours (generally split between 2~3 days) to make kanto or hoen altruns, the profit its about 1.2m~1.3m each region. 1.5 RP= 30 days premium, and people sell it for like 1.3~1.3m in trade chat/GTL

Maybe 1k RP should be nice. Isnt a easy task. We just need a motivation to caught all those pokes (same with ranked ladder who given us nothing beside BP, so many people doesnt have an attraction for the format since its little unrewarded)

well its just what I think

Edited by Risadex
Just now, Risadex said:

@Bestfriends

well... I dont think complete 357 pokemons (including mewtwo and rayquaza) its easy. I mean, the time u ll spend to evolve them, catch the rare ones, safari ones... it probably will be spented much time.

I  spent like 8~9hours (generally split between 2~3 days) to make kanto or hoen altruns, the profit its about 1.2m~1.3m each region. 1.5 RP= 30 days premium, and people sell it for like 1.3~1.3m in trade chat/GTL

Maybe 1k RP should be nice. isnt a hard task. We just need a motivation to caught all those pokes (same with ranked ladder who given us nothing beside BP, so many people doesnt have an attraction for the format since its little unrewarded)

well its just what I think

I suggested Gift Shinies, but that thread got locked due to it being an economic burden. I mean, we can have both, but if possible, nerf the Reward Points down to 900, then you'll have my support on that front. So in total, you can have both 900 Reward Points and 5,000 Battle Points.

So my first comment got deleted because I felt (and still cannot believe) that this is a serious suggestion. Why?

-5k BPs...one ranked gives 4k BPs (-1k for entering), giving only 5k BPs for Dex completion is completely out of relation. Yes, you need time to get comps, but...

-I started this game 3.5 months ago and I think on average, I spent 1 hour per week in NU ranked, OU unranked and battletower and made around 200k battlepoints. 5k BPs gives simply no reason for comp players or people who have been playing this game for way longer to complete the dex

-you cannot buy many useful things for 5k battlepoints

-as for the masterball suggestion in your other thread: I think, most people wouldn't even care if you gave them 100 of them (as long as devs do not implement other uses than catching exploding/teleporting/self hitting shines)

-still think this is a troll thread because the reward is so incredibly bad and how this thread is made up (yes, if so, I feed the troll but for the people who think that this is a suggestion or the small chance this is meant seriously: this is my opinion about it

Guys, why tf are you so cheap, how about 100k BP or 10K RP.

It takes a lifetime to compete the dex, and even if the prize would be what ai just sugested, I wouldn't complete it unless the reward is really something worth it for me.

For something pretty unrelated to battling it doesn't make much sense to me for the reward to be Battle points, I feel like for such a unique achievement a more unique reward should be given.

I personally wouldn't care about the Pokedex completion if the reward was just Battlepoints, even if it was 100k BP.

I'm not sure what would be appropriate though, maybe a Vanity item that is only available by completing the pokedex and isn't tradeable?
Other than vanities it seems really difficult to give anything meaningful as reward that isn't either instantly broken or an unsatisfactory reward, i'm sure it'll be something neat though, hopefully.

11 hours ago, Gruul said:

So my first comment got deleted because I felt (and still cannot believe) that this is a serious suggestion. Why?

-5k BPs...one ranked gives 4k BPs (-1k for entering), giving only 5k BPs for Dex completion is completely out of relation. Yes, you need time to get comps, but...

-I started this game 3.5 months ago and I think on average, I spent 1 hour per week in NU ranked, OU unranked and battletower and made around 200k battlepoints. 5k BPs gives simply no reason for comp players or people who have been playing this game for way longer to complete the dex

-you cannot buy many useful things for 5k battlepoints

-as for the masterball suggestion in your other thread: I think, most people wouldn't even care if you gave them 100 of them (as long as devs do not implement other uses than catching exploding/teleporting/self hitting shines)

-still think this is a troll thread because the reward is so incredibly bad and how this thread is made up (yes, if so, I feed the troll but for the people who think that this is a suggestion or the small chance this is meant seriously: this is my opinion about it

Hello Gruul, let me address your points one by one:

1. You still profit in the end with 8k Battle Points under your logic.

2. Most people are not competitively minded. In fact, a typical PokeMMO player usually just tries his/her best to complete the game and then just hangs out at Vermillion. I think this would give them a reason to experience a true Pokemon adventure.

3. As I mentioned in point 2, most people are not competitively minded. In the Battle Frontier, they can buy basic secret base items.

4. Yes, but your giving people 2 more balls that would catch without failure and I think that your greatly undervaluing the power of the Master Ball itself.

5. I appreciate your kind sentiments as to why I made this suggestion. (This point is completely anecdotal and needs no further explanation)

9 hours ago, Lazaro23 said:

Guys, why tf are you so cheap, how about 100k BP or 10K RP.

It takes a lifetime to compete the dex, and even if the prize would be what ai just sugested, I wouldn't complete it unless the reward is really something worth it for me.

Good early morning Lazaro, the reason why I was so cheap was because I do not want to risk breaking the economy (I heard of people who gain Battle Points for a living and people who earn Reward Points via officials).

7 hours ago, Matoka said:

For something pretty unrelated to battling it doesn't make much sense to me for the reward to be Battle points, I feel like for such a unique achievement a more unique reward should be given.

I personally wouldn't care about the Pokedex completion if the reward was just Battlepoints, even if it was 100k BP.

I'm not sure what would be appropriate though, maybe a Vanity item that is only available by completing the pokedex and isn't tradeable?
Other than vanities it seems really difficult to give anything meaningful as reward that isn't either instantly broken or an unsatisfactory reward, i'm sure it'll be something neat though, hopefully.

Hello Matoka, I appreciate your criticisms of this suggestions (you make a fair discussion in this thread possible), let me address your counter arguments:

1. Technically, your battling wild pokemon, but that's beside the point. Battle Points are unique to people who want something usable and possibly profitable.

2. That's your preference, but most people would snatch up a Battle Point reward. What happens if someone in the battle tower has 6000 Battle Points and they want to use the Special Move Tutor? Perhaps, he is almost done with the OT Dex, so why not give him the opportunity to earn 5000 Battle Points free.

3. A vanity can work, but at the same time though, it would be pretty difficult to put a poke ball on a small cape. Darkshade is a bright person, he'll figure that out if he is given the task. 

9 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Hello Matoka, I appreciate your criticisms of this suggestions (you make a fair discussion in this thread possible), let me address your counter arguments:

1. Technically, your battling wild pokemon, but that's beside the point. Battle Points are unique to people who want something usable and possibly profitable.

2. That's your preference, but most people would snatch up a Battle Point reward. What happens if someone in the battle tower has 6000 Battle Points and they want to use the Special Move Tutor? Perhaps, he is almost done with the OT Dex, so why not give him the opportunity to earn 5000 Battle Points free.

3. A vanity can work, but at the same time though, it would be pretty difficult to put a poke ball on a small cape. Darkshade is a bright person, he'll figure that out if he is given the task. 

1. If you have to start a counter argument with "Technically" doesn't make it seem very strong, While yes you are in a battling mode when you catch pokemon few people consider it an actual fight, and consider fights to be those that pose an actual challenge, such as high level trainer matches, or PvP, which is what BP is given to you for doing.

2. yes, most people WOULD snatch up something for free, however literally everyone who has given feedback on this thread has pointed out that they would rather earn Battle Points in a more efficient manner, such as current matchmaking, because as pointed out, The time taken to complete the OT pokedex if spent earning Battlepoints would probably earn you well into the region of 30,000 battle points or more, probably more if you use ranked and win consistently, Also your argument in your second point assumes they have almost finished the OT dex, very few people have anywhere near even half the OT dex done, for those people it isn't time efficient to earn BP through pokedex completion.

3. ??? who said anything about a Pokeball on a cape? The main reason I suggested a vanity item is because you can wear it and show it off to fellow players who will then instant recognize your accomplishment of "I completed the OT pokedex! :D", earning a battle point reward that will just be spent on items means you have no permenant reward that you can keep to symbolize your efforts.

57 minutes ago, Matoka said:

1. If you have to start a counter argument with "Technically" doesn't make it seem very strong, While yes you are in a battling mode when you catch pokemon few people consider it an actual fight, and consider fights to be those that pose an actual challenge, such as high level trainer matches, or PvP, which is what BP is given to you for doing.

2. yes, most people WOULD snatch up something for free, however literally everyone who has given feedback on this thread has pointed out that they would rather earn Battle Points in a more efficient manner, such as current matchmaking, because as pointed out, The time taken to complete the OT pokedex if spent earning Battlepoints would probably earn you well into the region of 30,000 battle points or more, probably more if you use ranked and win consistently, Also your argument in your second point assumes they have almost finished the OT dex, very few people have anywhere near even half the OT dex done, for those people it isn't time efficient to earn BP through pokedex completion.

3. ??? who said anything about a Pokeball on a cape? The main reason I suggested a vanity item is because you can wear it and show it off to fellow players who will then instant recognize your accomplishment of "I completed the OT pokedex! :D", earning a battle point reward that will just be spent on items means you have no permenant reward that you can keep to symbolize your efforts.

Hello Matoka, I am going to address your concerns:

1. I should of looked for better terminology for my first point. Wild pokemon battles are a challenge to some people because of things like Wobbufett, Graveler (have a Damp pokemon in your party), Houndour or Houndoom (have a Soundproof pokemon in your party), etc. Wild pokemon can be quite a choir the catch at times. In the Safari Zone, it does feel like a "real battle" to jam that pokemon in the Safari Ball.

2. How about for the noncompetitive audience? I can't tell you how many times people want to buy Secret Base items and they can't. Yes, I do think that there should be a vanity item for people who completed the dex, but there also needs to be some monetary reward as well. Perhaps 5,000 BP + 900 RP + 50,000 PY (PokeYen) + Special Vanity Item. In fact, thanks to you, I am going to slightly tweak my suggestion.

3. No problem, I'll include this in my suggestion as an "overall award." I am going to rename my suggestion also (credit will go to you and many others).

I just wanna say I support the idea of a prize for completing the dex. IDK about the actual prize suggested, but those details can be worked out by Devs. 

Also, Id like to point out for the person who said prizes should be like 100k BP or 10K RP:

Even 64 man tournaments dont give out more than 1k RP as a prize, 100k BP and 10k RP would never be realistic and would never be approved. The suggested prize is much more in the realm of possibility. 

1 hour ago, Argorok2017 said:

In all honesty I'd like to see the Johto starters have something to do with the "Caught OT" dex or even your previous topic on just the "Owned" dex in general

I would like to incorporate the Johto starters in the dex, instead of a reward. I have suggested ways of how to implement the starters: