Completed OT Dex = Turn one of your pokes into a Gift Shiny

ab0061dd13d46f3286641ad7c87dc4b4.gifCompleted OT Dex = Turn one of your pokes into a Gift Shinyab0061dd13d46f3286641ad7c87dc4b4.gif

ba64c247339806fc909f66a9deb36115.png

I am going to start off this suggestion by asking one simple question, "what is better than a Master Ball, a ball that catches without fail?" I have the answer for you in this suggestion, turn one of your party pokemon into a Gift Shiny. Since the shinies are Gifts, that shiny will be locked onto your character. Its quite difficult completing the "Caught OT" dex as you can see in this screenshot, I only have 66 registered as "Caught OT." I truly applaud those who completed this part of the dex!

9774c1f3c15c6a3a32ae5c0fce48697c.pngPossible Questionsc53eccb8e38ae08c1778f3501837ca57.png

1. Where can you turn your party pokemon into Gift Shinies?

Answer 1: After you complete the dex, go to the Game Freak Building in Celadon City or Lilycove Hotel in Lilycove City and talk to either one of these NPCs.

8a369b7202c923193436ac18f8767a0b.png

021e4fc01732e822b1ce1a15dec2dd53.png

Possible Script: "I am the game designer. Oh my, you completed the "Caught OT" part of the Pokedex! Not many people can complete this formidable task, but you sure did! As a reward, I would like to have the honour of turning one of your pokemon into a shiny. Which Pokemon do you want as a shiny?"

(There will be a box to choose a pokemon from your party kind of like this one....)

380702638b56de727d8e35545eae42ea.png

After he turns the pokemon of your choice into a shiny, he will finish his script with this closing sentiment: "In my view, you are a bright trainer. Keep up the good work [in game name]!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Could this break the economy?

Answer 2: Since the shinies are locked into your character, I highly doubt they could break the economy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Can you get a second gift shiny (one from Kanto and one from Hoenn)?

Answer 3: I wouldn't think so, but that's up to the developers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2d2c7022675a4cb75f10514592843ca0.pngOverall Summary2d2c7022675a4cb75f10514592843ca0.png

This part of the dex is a lot more complicated than just registering random pokemon in your dex. I feel that this reward is justified for all the hard work put into this task. Hats off to those individuals who took the time and effort to complete this part of the dex!

2 hours ago, DoctorPBC said:

While a cool idea it could be completed within a day easy.

These shinies are handed out a handful of times a year for winning 10 week long series tournaments against 100s of opponents, I don't see this being implemented at all otherwise it devalues the whole aspect of earning a rare powerful shiny.

9 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Yeah like Doc said, as much as this seems to be a pleasing idea, it would ruin the work other people put into in the past to win a shiny comp zard/meta/other cool shit

On the contrary, your name would be plastered all over forums and there would be no public "glory" in filling out the dex. To be honest, I would rather win a tournament and obtain a shiny that way, than completing the OT dex.

4 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

On the contrary, your name would be plastered all over forums and there would be no public "glory" in filling out the dex. To be honest, I would rather win a tournament and obtain a shiny that way, than completing the OT dex.

So are you supporting your suggesting or not? I'm confused.

Just now, FlareBlitzz said:

So are you supporting your suggesting or not? I'm confused.

I support my suggestion, but at the same time, if I had to choose a way I would win a shiny, I would rather win a tournament. However, some of the player base that are apathetic to tournaments, they can turn one of their pokes into a shiny by completing the "Caught OT" dex.

Just now, Bestfriends said:

I support my suggestion, but at the same time, if I had to choose a way I would win a shiny, I would rather win a tournament. However, some of the player base that are apathetic to tournaments, they can turn one of their pokes into a shiny by completing the "Caught OT" dex.

Let's not make shinys so easy to get.

2 minutes ago, FlareBlitzz said:

Nobody will buy shinys as they can spawn whichever dream shiny they want on their alts by completing the OT dex.

You are not understanding the aftermath of your suggestion.

What happens if you have 2 or 3 dream shinies? I mean, some people only have one dream shiny. I don't want to release names, but there are a few players that say that they have a "shiny wishlist."

1 minute ago, Bestfriends said:

What happens if you have 2 or 3 dream shinies? I mean, some people only have one dream shiny. I don't want to release names, but there are a few players that say that they have a "shiny wishlist."

A lot happens if EVERYONE has 2 or 3 dream shinies.

Would Shiny Starters be the same if every noob had one? Your argument is baseless.

12 minutes ago, FlareBlitzz said:

A lot happens if EVERYONE has 2 or 3 dream shinies.

Would Shiny Starters be the same if every noob had one? Your argument is baseless.

People sometimes buy two to six shinies for a "dream team." This wouldn't taint the economy for shiny traders since they cannot sell their locked shiny on trade chat nor global trade link. Now, I am not saying "everyone" has two to three dream shinies, but the point I am trying to convey is that a lot people have at least two to three dream shinies. Your making the argument that most people dream about one shiny. That's fair from true.

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification
3 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

People sometimes buy two to six shinies for a "dream team." This wouldn't taint the economy for shiny traders since they cannot sell their locked shiny on trade chat nor global trade link. Now, I am not saying "everyone" has two to three dream shinies, but the point I am trying to convey is that a lot people have at least two to three dream shinies. Your making the argument that most people dream about one shiny. That's fair from true.

Giving people even the opportunity by getting any shiny "OT" just because you completed the dex, which as of now is impossible anyways, even unfair for the people why got a feebas on their account from the times it was possible to catch them. But besides the legendaries and gen 2 starters are still not implemented. Therefore suggesting this now would be a waste of time for the devs.

You mentioning that it wouldn't taint the economy for shiny traders, it most definitly will. A charmanderline goes for what, 300+? If everyone and their mother can get one, OT even, of course its still untradable but who cares about that, no shiny will hold their value for very long.

Even if they're locked to your character, this would still completely break the shiny economy. The desire and value of every single shiny Pokemon will plummet in a millisecond when people can obtain literally any shiny Pokemon they want with relative ease. Once players have their dex reward of whatever rare species they chose, they likely won't be needing or wanting anything else and already existing shinies of that species will no longer be special or particularly valuable. This will not be happening.

• Rache locked this topic