New pokes?

I hate to disappoint, but the Torterra isn't real. There are actually some empty spaces between Celebi and the start of gen 3 in the rom, which is why Hoenn Pokemon don't start at 252 when making a mod - Treecko is actually number 277 (and a lot of the mons after it are out of order). If a Pokemon whose ID is between 252 and 276 is spawned, for some reason it will appear to have a gen 4 Pokemon's sprite in PokeMMO if HG/SS is installed. Because the Pokedex skips over those numbers and makes Treecko the 252nd species, these mystery "Pokemon" were presumably put at the end of the Pokedex and hidden from view, which would explain the dex number matching Torterra's.

6 minutes ago, RacheLucario said:

I hate to disappoint, but the Torterra isn't real. There are actually some empty spaces between Celebi and the start of gen 3 in the rom, which is why Hoenn Pokemon don't start at 252 when making a mod - Treecko is actually number 277 (and a lot of the mons after it are out of order). If a Pokemon whose ID is between 253 and 276 is spawned, for some reason it will appear to have a gen 4 Pokemon's sprite in PokeMMO if HG/SS is installed. Because the Pokedex skips over those numbers and makes Treecko the 252nd species, these mystery "Pokemon" were presumably put at the end of the Pokedex and hidden from view, which would explain the dex number matching Torterra's.

1357685-its_a_conspiracy.jpg

7 minutes ago, RacheLucario said:

I hate to disappoint, but the Torterra isn't real. There are actually some empty spaces between Celebi and the start of gen 3 in the rom, which is why Hoenn Pokemon don't start at 252 when making a mod - Treecko is actually number 277 (and a lot of the mons after it are out of order). If a Pokemon whose ID is between 253 and 276 is spawned, for some reason it will appear to have a gen 4 Pokemon's sprite in PokeMMO if HG/SS is installed. Because the Pokedex skips over those numbers and makes Treecko the 252nd species, these mystery "Pokemon" were presumably put at the end of the Pokedex and hidden from view, which would explain the dex number matching Torterra's.

Benedict-Cumberbatch-Sherlock-.jpg

8 minutes ago, RacheLucario said:

Way to kill the hype.

9 minutes ago, RacheLucario said:

I hate to disappoint, but the Torterra isn't real. There are actually some empty spaces between Celebi and the start of gen 3 in the rom, which is why Hoenn Pokemon don't start at 252 when making a mod - Treecko is actually number 277 (and a lot of the mons after it are out of order). If a Pokemon whose ID is between 252 and 276 is spawned, for some reason it will appear to have a gen 4 Pokemon's sprite in PokeMMO if HG/SS is installed. Because the Pokedex skips over those numbers and makes Treecko the 252nd species, these mystery "Pokemon" were presumably put at the end of the Pokedex and hidden from view, which would explain the dex number matching Torterra's.

so where can i catch torterra?

5 minutes ago, TsunamiWaves said:

there's no way to justify the 6 hours of down time now

it's pretty reasonable to go down for maintenance a couple hours every few months. other MMOs go down once a week or more.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.