Random Battles

Gilan

Question

Just like randoms on showdown. Would be fun and would get me playing again.

Don't know if there should be a reward system for it. Could allow us to be able to battle with legendaries. There should definitely be a ladder for it so people can brag/feel like they are making progress.

If you need people to create sets for each pokemon, I'd be game. Not very busy this summer.

Inb4 comments about "why not just play showdown?" The point is that I want to actually spend time in game, and by doing so, it might motivate me to do the other grindy stuff in game.

Side note: I'd rather have pvp pokemon contests, but randoms are cool too.

7 answers to this question

I think some people would be struggle with the "this is a grindy MMO and u need grind ur own pokes" stuff.. it should be fun if it shuffles all ur pokes that are lvl 50+ in a roll and them pick 6 of them (and U must have 50+ pokes on ur box to previne cheating)

I've always thought about this, but the con I thought about was that people will be too lazy to make their comps.
On another note, this could be in a form of tournament, like in the anime, I don't remember which episodes, but i do remember Ash participating in a 3v3 tournament where he got to use Weezing, Arbok and Meowth ( Team rocket pokes ) I really liked those episodes.

I kinda see it as the hearthstone Arena gametype, but for pokemmo.

You could also have a format where you are presented with 3 pokemon at a time and you draft 1 of the 3 in a total of 6 rounds to make a team that you use to compete with for a set amount of battles (to make it even more like HS arena).

12 hours ago, Gilan said:

I kinda see it as the hearthstone Arena gametype, but for pokemmo.

You could also have a format where you are presented with 3 pokemon at a time and you draft 1 of the 3 in a total of 6 rounds to make a team that you use to compete with for a set amount of battles (to make it even more like HS arena).

it would be nice... but i dont think staff want players that can play pokeMMO randomly just for this game mode. "this is a MMO stuff" and people woudnt like breed comps anymore etc etc. 

My sugestion (again) is:

if pokes lvl 50+ on ur box >= 50 (at least 35 different species, btw i dont think people would breed like 50 ubers but ....)

u ll be able to join random battles

then pick 6 of those 50+ pokes in ur box

it also would make people ev train their old gift pokes (or release them for those who dont have a soul)

Edited by Risadex
pressed enter and it goes b4 the time kek
6 hours ago, Risadex said:

it would be nice... but i dont think staff want players that can play pokeMMO randomly just for this game mode. "this is a MMO stuff" and people woudnt like breed comps anymore etc etc. 

My sugestion (again) is:

if pokes lvl 50+ on ur box >= 50 (at least 35 different species, btw i dont think people would breed like 50 ubers but ....)

u ll be able to join random battles

then pick 6 of those 50+ pokes in ur box

it also would make people ev train their old gift pokes (or release them for those who dont have a soul)

I disagree on the point that people would stop making comps and competing. As long as there are tournaments people will continue to comp. It's not like random battles would. produce a good profit.

The main thing that this game is lacking is player to player interactable content that doesn't require making comps (multiplayer dungeons and pokemon contests would also satisfy this void). Cause, let's be honest, not everyone is interested in comp tournaments...

And, most importantly, with your idea, it wouldn't get someone like me playing again.

Edited by Gilan
minor change to last paragraph
On 29/06/2016 at 5:31 AM, Lazaro23 said:

I've always thought about this, but the con I thought about was that people will be too lazy to make their comps.

Maybe waste 1000 BP like ranked to keep it more healthy?