Price List Removed. [worth it?]

Retricus

I used to shiny trade 1 year ago..

i made alot of profits back in the day when we  had a trusted shiny price rate list..b'cuz people werent making random prices to the shinies..they were fixed..

and then i took a long break of 1 year..

and now i am back...

and i wanted to start my shiny trading again and its kinda really hard to start up with... 

Like i bought a shiny magnemite for 1.5m bcuz some people said it worth 2m and now after i bought it ..people are saying its worth only 1 mill..i mean wyatt???

GTL is not poppular enough to price check all the shinies... and people are asking alot in GTL then the shiny worth is..

So all i m saying is.

is it worth removing the price list?

for people lke me who just started shiny trading..its really a mess out here..plz any comment and help is appreciated...

7 minutes ago, Retricus said:

Like i bought a shiny magnemite for 1.5m bcuz some people said it worth 2m and now after i bought it ..people are saying its worth only 1 mill..i mean wyatt???

This is what the previous list did though. Just peoples opinions. These differing opinions lead to conflict which I think is why it got removed, could be wrong someone confirm.

but removing it just made it worse..didnt it?

atleast there were shiny traders like me who trusted the list...and the list was most usefull for newb shiny trader..

pro doesnt need 1..cuz they know the prices demselfs only

It kind of promotes skill in shiny trading imo.

Now, it's kind of up to you to estimate if a tentacruel will sell on gtl for 700, 800 or 900... rather than read numbers off a list which arbitrarily say that pidgey is worth 100k more than rat for some unknown reason other than 'it sold for that much in the past'.

In the past, if a 'noob shiny trader' bought a pidgey for 1mil, he got ripped off--because the list said it was prob like 900k. And then everyone would say he made a bad trade.

Nowadays, it's worth like, who knows, anywhere between 700k and above 1mil. It's much more difficult to screw up. Because nobody knows the 'value', more people will spend a number on it that is different from that 'value'.

2 minutes ago, JoshLindsay10 said:

I have noticed since the removal of said thread people are more scared to trade now which isnt healthy for the market, but then i completely understood why the thread was removed aswell

This.

Also with the majority of new shinies being found now are extremely rare or never seen before (e.g. Spoink) it's very difficult to say from a neutral point of view what the right prices would be without users feeling they would overpay, as cash is in hard hands.

I feel that although they had their good reasons and I was one who agreed with it, I now disagree with the removal of Value Discussion. I have a compromise the devs could implement.

Basing on the purchases of shinies on GTL, every week there can be a section called the "Weekly average" of shinies. Here's an example.

GTL - 5 Shiny Magnemites bought between 1 - 2m

Average price: 1.5m

This would change weekly giving users an indication of what the shinies have been sold for, NOT what the users value it independently. I'll detail it further.

i meant..how are we supposed to find that a magnemite cost 1.5m not 15mill? if its not been sold in GTL ? there is no rarity list either..

either we need a price list or a rarity list..to determine the prices from others or by ourselves..

20 minutes ago, JoshLindsay10 said:

I have noticed since the removal of said thread people are more scared to trade now which isnt healthy for the market, but then i completely understood why the thread was removed aswell

I advocated for its removal mostly for the sake of the 'shiny trading gameplay'.

If you feel it backfired, I'm sure staff will appreciate the feedback. I'm personally curious.

Though other staff agreed with its removal more for the sake of moderation, as that thread was always source of flaming and controversy... So I don't think it would be brought back old-school.

Personally, i do check the GTL daily for the cheapest and newest shinies for a good deal. I've never been in a position to trade something super rare so I can't speak from that point.

14 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Basing on the purchases of shinies on GTL, every week there can be a section called the "Weekly average" of shinies. Here's an example.

GTL - 5 Shiny Magnemites bought between 1 - 2m

Average price: 1.5m

This would change weekly giving users an indication of what the shinies have been sold for, NOT what the users value it independently. I'll detail it further.

i doubt there are enough sales for this to really say anything. I still support the removal of VD, but the timing might have been wrong, the sudden rise in shinies availble (read all the nonenglish people that didnt use tardchat+ hordes) and the removal of VD scared people, and now because people are insecure about values they rather stock up on cash.

with all the effective moneysinks and not that many shiny sinks shinies are doomed to only inflate.

Also destroying tradechat was a mistake imo, it makes it harder to sell rares or sell shinies in general for other things than hard cash.

i was hoping for more personal values, when we had the discussion about removing VD. But seems like people just want to become rich instead of just buying shinies they personally like. 

welp...u cant buy the shiny u personally like without being rich ..so all comes to being rich through trading..

now without a rate list..its lot lot harder to trade than it seems..

as u said if somebody buys a pidgey for 1m and the price rate says 900k then everybody says him its RIP or whateva but then he knows what it worth and he cud sell it for  900k for a 100k loss..but now u dont have a base price to decide or rely on so u kept on trying to sell it more than a million .. a week past..2 week past...a month past..and its just the same pidgey on his box...

An information chart for which (average) prices (certain) shinies were sold in the past via GTL would be nice and might help - iirc we got a suggestion like this concerning the development of prices for items...

An other new difficulty in determining the value for shinies is that even two individuals of the same species (=their values) are harder to compare since shiny breeding is available and gender/nature/IVs/Egg group might also play a role now

Furthermore, the GTL seems unfit for Shiny Trading due to the fee and the need to pay with cash, thus making it less attractive the rarer a shiny is one wants to sell.

On the long term, the (long asked for) implementation of an auction house is probably a solution (although we would still face the diffculty that buyers could only make cash offers).

@Retricus On the short term, access to more people (preferably "experts") you could ask for their opinion/values might work best for you and I guess is exactly what will happen if your application for [Mr] is acceptet 

Edited by Anthrazit
39 minutes ago, Tritios said:

i doubt there are enough sales for this to really say anything. I still support the removal of VD, but the timing might have been wrong, the sudden rise in shinies availble (read all the nonenglish people that didnt use tardchat+ hordes) and the removal of VD scared people, and now because people are insecure about values they rather stock up on cash.

with all the effective moneysinks and not that many shiny sinks shinies are doomed to only inflate.

Also destroying tradechat was a mistake imo, it makes it harder to sell rares or sell shinies in general for other things than hard cash.

i was hoping for more personal values, when we had the discussion about removing VD. But seems like people just want to become rich instead of just buying shinies they personally like. 

This is the reason that I would strongly favour Value Discussion.

If I was a noob and I saw a shiny charmander and really wanted it, would me or anyone else expect it to be over 300m? Would we expect it to be the most aesthetic shiny when we have cool Pokemon such as Salamence and Metagross?

We stock up on cash because of the instability of which shiny is going to show up next. Remember when Growlithe and Vulpix were desired and rare? Nah me either.

The only alternatives for shiny values is joining WOLF, MR or PMing shiny traders directly , which trust me can be tiresome.

Ive had several users ask me for opinions of prices and they were for rare shinies such as Spoink, which have never been discussed before. This is why a report of sales generally would help, and GTL does not record past trades.

19 minutes ago, bearminator said:

I don't disagree, but do you remember this shiny vulpix sold for 200k? 

I don't remember at all

Probably no one but one (quick) buyer would be able to remember - right? :D

Just points out again the benefits an auction house would bring 

My 2 cents is this

Since the removed of VD the trading between actual Shiny for Shiny deals are nearly non existence to what they were before because everyone is shit scared and trading for "Cash" is much safer, but that has also lead the price on some shinies to plummet, mainly because 1. they have no idea of value 2. theres not alot of yen around so to sell they have to sell for a stupidly cheap price

My opinion is that "Trading" still exists but "Shiny Trading" is on its back IMO

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.