Entertaining ways to make money

FuzzyRegirock

Question

I'm sure a lot of players can agree that grinding for money in Pokemmo is monotonous. There is no variety to it and nothing ever changes about it. What I'm mainly referring to is island grinds. These aren't entertaining whatsoever, and are the reason why i'm always reluctant to gather money in order to breed comps. What's even worse is that this is pretty much the only way to solidly make money individually. I suggest more entertaining ways to make money, like optional quests or even dungeons. Or maybe there can be automated money making events that don't require comp play, like "Who's that Pokemon" or "Hide and Seek". Either way, I'm sick of constantly grinding money in this game because it is the most boring part of this already boring game.

5 answers to this question

you make it sound so easy to perfectly design an automatic way to keep an MMORPG fresh and fun while also giving people money without inflating the economy

The issue with events that you have describe is that they can only have a limited number of prepared events, and once you have seen all the hide and seek locations in rotation you just check them systematically, guess the pokemon is the same really

Grinding is unfortunately part of the game if you don't want to do GTL shenanigans to make cash by buying low and selling high, at the end of the day money earning is usually quite dull in its most efficient easy to do form.

54 minutes ago, Matoka said:

you make it sound so easy to perfectly design an automatic way to keep an MMORPG fresh and fun while also giving people money without inflating the economy

Let's be honest here, anything would be better than island grinds

Edited by FuzzyRegirock

just go group alt run. ton of people in a group doing alts all at once. transfer amulet coins, a meowth, and 1-2 pokes per alt and a hm slave then go through and have keep each other company.

and no i dont mean in a sexual way. looking at you jovi >_>

Just now, FuzzyRegirock said:

Let's be honest here, anything would be better than island grinds

I do agree, it certainly isn't fun to grind in islands, however people often go to that as it is the most mindless and reliable thing to do to earn some quick cash with barely any prerequsites (Amulet coin + Strong pokemon)

There are more interesting ways of earn cash, GTL flipping, doing odd jobs for other players, even Pickup farming can be more rewarding in a smaller amount of time if you do it right, and there is also berries.

More ways of earning cash will probably be added to the game, things I think are in the right direction is things like Matchmaking where we receive BP which we can turn into items which we can sell, and move tutor moves too, this means that people who enjoy PvP can earn in game cash while doing so.

Hopefully more ways of gameplay will allow us to earn things worth cash in a similar way.