"Stall is a legit playstyle"

6bda4de75fc5ac6c9c49dd3e755e1ab5.png

This is round 1 of the official UU tournament.

Literally nothing is happening in this battle, as you can see it's a fucking 5 vs 6.

I'm not playing anymore in there (from what I'm quite happy considering the above), but for the sake of other players, endless stalling for no reason, switching all the time and prolonging the battle should have some more attention from staff which could possibly DQ the endless stalling players. I know that now staff doesn't give a shit about "refing" because tournament runs by itself but players do give a shit.

Pls make something about it.

These two players have been disqualified for time wasting.

We've taken steps in the coming update to prevent such a situation from occuring in the future, by removing the time gained when making a switch.

Should this prove to be problematic, we may look at extending the overall battle time by a short amount but hopefully it should not have too much of an impact on competitive play.

• Darkshade locked and unlocked this topic

I am sorry guys. I was trying to win and I think I would have won honnestly. I got a lot of questions about wtf I was doing during that duel.

Despite the duel being 6v5, I had removed 4 leftovers with Knock Off which meant my opponent didn't recover any hp by switching anymore unlike me. I had a perfect counter to any of his pokemons except for Breloom which was at 27% approximately and would have died to any attack. The opposing Scizor was very threatening at first, but after pp stalling all his Steel Wings he became harmless against my Sableye. 

I look forward next update so that stall remains a possible playstyle ^^

Anyhow, I apologize to the people that did not understand what was going on and saw what was happening like a complete waste of time. I swear me and my opponent were not trying to waste time on purpose.

Edit: By reducing the time gained per turn, this should force one of the player to make a mistake at some point.

Edited by lamerb
1 minute ago, lamerb said:

I am sorry guys. I was trying to win and I think I would have won honnestly. I got a lot of questions about wtf I was doing during that duel.

Despite the duel being 6v5, I had removed 4 leftovers with Knock Off which meant my opponent didn't recover any hp by switching anymore unlike me. I had a perfect counter to any of his pokemons except for Breloom which was at 27% approximately and would have died to any attack. The opposing Scizor was very threatening at first, but after pp stalling all his Steel Wings he became harmless against my Sableye. 

I look forward next update so that stall remains a possible playstyle ^^

Anyhow, I apologize to the people that did not understand what was going on and saw what was happening like a complete waste of time. I swear me and my opponent were not trying to waste time on purpose.

All good man. If you broke my record today, it means that you're the real winner tonight. 

13 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

These two players have been disqualified for time wasting.

We've taken steps in the coming update to prevent such a situation from occuring in the future, by removing the time gained when making a switch.

Should this prove to be problematic, we may look at extending the overall battle time by a short amount but hopefully it should not have too much of an impact on competitive play.

Why? I mean I hate stallers, but isn't it a bit rash to dq them? Stall is a thing you have to deal with, I mean gb didn't do it on purpose and maybe could have won.

5 minutes ago, ShadowGary said:

Why? I mean I hate stallers, but isn't it a bit rash to dq them? Stall is a thing you have to deal with, I mean gb didn't do it on purpose and maybe could have won.

Unfortunately even if they meant well, they were holding up the tournament for everyone else.

They were holding up the experience for the other players participating (and had been previously asked to make a move) so we made the decision to disqualify them.

This is not something we like to do either, which is why we've decided to tackle the situation at it's core in the next update.

Just now, ShadowGary said:

I personally understand why we had to be dq. The most important thing is that the game remains user friendly and that was clearly not the case for all the people that were waiting. Hopefully, next update will fix this.

41 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Yo Darkshade, this does not affect Doubles... does it?