Encounter & Caught Pokemon Counters?

frogbussoms

Question

I mean like a grand total encountered/caught counter.

Currently the pokedex will only show 1 caught & 1 shown pokemon if I encounter 250 Pidgeys and catch 100 of them.

-

-

-

Great suggestion by a player named "LifeStyle" - If we get that, then we should also be able to reset it to 0 too

"Raederz" posted - Especially for shiny hunters, but for other players too, it would be really cool to know the number of encounter u did, and if possible, the number of encounter per pokemon. I remember a game, every monster on the bestiary had a counter, and a "ladder" showing the 10 guys who beaten the biggest amount of that monster.

That was really cool, adding self-goals, and making farming way less boring.

This is what you would be saving me from, i can't imagine doing this 30,000 times.. --->  https://gyazo.com/caabf32ada1ee3a2bd9698fbd91962f3

-

-Using FUZZYREGIROCK's example-

vil4NPc.png

-

-

Edited by frogbussoms
Gyazo Gif

23 answers to this question

Especially for shiny hunters, but for other players too, it would be really cool to know the number of encounter u did, and if possible, the number of encounter per pokemon.

I remember a game, every monster on the bestiary had a counter, and a "ladder" showing the 10 guys who beaten the biggest amount of that monster.

That was really cool, adding self-goals, and making farming way less boring.

___

About the catching counter, it sounds cool too, but I'm way more attracted by the encounter counter.

EDIT :

I was thinking about something like that :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/25/1466969204-screenshot-1466968603.png

Edited by Raederz
pic
44 minutes ago, GeneralVenican said:

not like that, idc how many weedles iv met during 2k hours of gameplay. i wanna see my total encounters

both are cool, and, imo, it's more fun to see a number on each specie, than, just a number. You will see your number of encounters, you will say, "oh ok", and thats all.

The specie one make people able to "challenge" themself on a particular specie, becoming the "best ... encounterer"

11 hours ago, GeneralVenican said:

not like that, idc how many weedles iv met during 2k hours of gameplay. i wanna see my total encounters

It obviously wouldn't be hard for them to add a total encounters counter... But I think what raederz is trying to encourage aswell is great, having a pokemon to compete others with (in numbers of encounters) would be very cool.

Edited by frogbussoms
7 hours ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

I suggested this a while ago and it got ignored by devs lemme find the post real quick

But yeah this should definitely happen, it is a needed function.

It's a huge pain in the ass to keep track of your RE'S.

And I think it would definitely shed some light on our Shiny rates as a community whole... But I think that's the main reason why they DON'T want to put them in game.. They know the community would be pissed if they saw how altered our rates are.

People would spread the word of 20,000 encounters with no shiny and it would discourage a lot of players from ever joining our pokemmo community

Edited by frogbussoms

encountering rates and finding a shiny doesnt really link up with each other..as every other encounter have its individual shiny finding ratio..

its just to make yourself satisfy that u didnt waste your time..

aZHoCsl.png

I'm constantly asked how I keep track of my encounters, A lot of players would like to see this in game.

Regardless of what your using it for, people like to know how many pokemon they have encountered.

Agree with the above. I like the suggestion but all I see is another way to complain about not getting a shiny

Yes but it could also be used against the people who say " ahw I have 750 hours no shinies" yet in reality they only have 5,000 encounters grand total or something, and never hunt.

It would be usefull for those who actually want to hunt wild poke, and give a realistic example of how much effort they put into their shiny.

Like how much players would respect others if they realized how long it actually takes to build up to 10,000 encounters..

It's just a great way to keep track of your actual hard work and dedication, rather than all the same people constantly afk'ing the pokecenter for their "hours"

Edited by frogbussoms