Competitive Donor Status

47 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

I appreciate hearing counter points from you. I would like to address your concerns:

1. I would assume you have a high IQ. People who understand how the breeding system works is quite complicated. Your smarter than the average person on this note.

2. If something is unbalanced in the Donor Status, the devs can always tweak it a little. I think there should be a little buff in wild catches and breeding results, that's all I am asking for.

3. People quit this game partly because they can't understand what good and bad breeders are. I tell people that there are natures and IVs to look out for, but people I talk to do a couple of options: 1. Tell me how difficult it is to find the right pokemon. 2. Ask me to do the breeding for them (which I am not doing). 3. Get upset and tell me this is the last time I'll see them in game. (The list goes on)

4. Are you not trusting the developers to tweak the donor status a little so that way we can catch pokemon with good IVs and at the same time, not ruining the economy as a whole?

5. My selfish self is telling me that we shouldn't change anything so that way I can sell my 5x31 male Ampharos, but I don't want to be selfish, so I made this suggestion so that way other people can have a shot in breeding up a good pokemon as well. As of right now, many people buy donor status to sell it in trade chat for a profit. If you go on the Global Trade Link, there are a ton of donor status envelopes for sale. I would assume that having a slight buff to the donator status ticket could make people use it a lot more than they do now.

Your arguement revolves around "If it is unbalanced after the change they can just fix it"

That means we would get people complaining who bought the donator status that they didn't get what they payed for, even though its a donation

Also the pokemon caught from the donator status will exist even after the "Fix" so permenant damage to the economy would occur, Catching those good IV'd pokemon LITERALLY DAMAGES THE ECONOMY

A buff to catching and breeding results is literally unhealthy to the game when they are both perfectly balanced

Catching is perfectly balanced because every single nature + IV combination is exactly equal odds with everything else
Breeding is perfectly balanced because we can brace the IV's we want, and even if we don't it tries to average between the stats most of the time
Neither of these need a buff in any way

its not special for you to have a 5x31 male breeder, people can make those easily with bracing in breeding, you aren't being selfish for selling something and getting equal value back in liquidated assets such as Pokeyen, its literally just fair there is nothing selfish about that

Also breeding is not difficult and does not require a High IQ to figure out, it is literally able to be explained in 3 sentences

1. If you like a pokemon's IV in one stat you can give it a brace so that stat is guaranteed to be given to the child
  2. If you like a pokemon's nature you can give it an Everstone and the child will be guaranteed to have that nature
  3. For non-bracer stats the child will have either the father's, mother's or the average between both parent's IV

There, breeding Nature and IV's explained in 3 sentences with nothing left out.

Edited by Matoka
  • 10 months later...