Competitive Donor Status

e29894cbddf254d63e236000822b4fe2.pngCompetitive Donor Statuse29894cbddf254d63e236000822b4fe2.png

3e8c228cfac6c4c97d0b4d8cd3dbd1af.png

As a competitive player, I feel left out. I mean shinies are nice to own, don't get me wrong, but I would rather catch a really good breeder for my future comps instead of a shiny I can flaunt. I can sell that shiny and get PokeYen for it, but I would rather catch really good breeders. What I am thinking is reward those who spend for the donor status by letting them catch comps from the wild. Let there be a bold slowpoke in the wild with terrific IVs. The good news about this suggestion is that it helps the developers make a profit from the game and at the same time, it is a convenience for the average competitive player who wants a quick comp on the fly. People like DoubleJ or Frags would love to spend their hard earned money for reward points which can be transferred to donor status "comp version." Here is what the box should say....

x1 Competitive Donor Status Ticket - 7, 15, 30 Days

An item which can be used to promote your account to competitive donor status.

Competitive Donor Status benefits include:

+40% chance of catching a "wild comp"

+90% chance of having the "best IVs" bred into comps

+30% faster egg hatching

Not only will PokeMMO feel a sudden boost in competitive morale, but we can also safely assume that we would have a higher tournament turnout. I would also assume that one of my major counterarguments is that I am "breaking the economy," but I am not. You still need to breed for that Hidden Power pokemon you want, but you won't have to catch tirelessly to get a decent breeder anymore. I mean its nice to give pokes that I don't want to newer players who came from Pallet Town or LittleRoot Town, but at the same time, I would like to shorten my time catching wild breeders. I would safely say that this is truly a "win-win situation" for both the community and the development team.

Not only does people dislike pay2win in general but this attacks another issue which is something that shouldn't be touched in any Pokemon game and that's IV manipulation. IVs are made to be equally likely compared to each other from 0 to 31. If there was some kind of a boost to get higher end IVs, that would ruin the very basis of the IVs. Not only would it completely inflate the comp. value because the very value of a comp comes from the fact they have the high end IVs from the scale of 0 to 31.

31 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Not only does people dislike pay2win in general but this attacks another issue which is something that shouldn't be touched in any Pokemon game and that's IV manipulation. IVs are made to be equally likely compared to each other from 0 to 31. If there was some kind of a boost to get higher end IVs, that would ruin the very basis of the IVs. Not only would it completely inflate the comp. value because the very value of a comp comes from the fact they have the high end IVs from the scale of 0 to 31.

As of right now, I have tried to help people breed good pokemon, and its quite difficult. I would safely say, there is a hierarchy system in the competitive world "pokemon wise" and we need to change that. For instance, we need people of higher stature to go out and catch pokemon and breed them. Its sad to say this, some people have even used some of the comps they bred before the breeding update.

8 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

Why would someone want to buy this specific donator status with a (possibly small) chance to get an usable comp instead of buying a comp directly?

Especially if one wants "a quick comp on the fly"

Good question, I would say that there is still a chance of catching a comp in the wild, but some may not have 31 speed, so you'll have to breed with it and that brings me to my second point, some people think that the breeding odds are against them, so if they buy this donor status, they would have a feeling of safety when they breed a pokemon with bad IVs, but with a good nature and a pokemon with excellent IVs, but a bad nature. Braces are still a necessity for people who want 31 speed on their stuff.

Edited by Bestfriends

This seems like a pay-to-win type suggestion, and I understand your argument, but I feel like the devs purposefully made the donator status the way it was to protect the integrity of comps. However, if the encounter rate was only very, very slightly tilted, it could still easily balance out, in the same way that it does currently with catching shinies. It doesn't make it feel any easier to encounter a shiny when you have donator status currently. Perhaps with very lowered percentages this would be more welcomed. I can't help but to think this wouldn't make it right now though, because they changed the breeding system to a two-in, one-out system, as opposed to the two-in, as-many-as-you-want-out system. I think the devs want you to work for your comps right now, but at the end of the day, people are definitely using the system as it is to produce pokeyen from reward points to use for building their comp team, and that's essentially paying to win, so why not give someone who's going to use reward points anyways a better route to using them on what they specifically want? It's a valid suggestion, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

2 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

Why would someone want to buy this specific donator status with a (possibly small) chance to get an usable comp instead of buying a comp directly?

Especially if one wants "a quick comp on the fly"

They would do it for the same reasons people buy donator status to get shinies. Perhaps you want some obscure or underused or simply unlisted comp, the same way people buy it regularly now and openly talk about how they want some specific obscure shiny that isn't on the gtl. Various people over time would use it, I'm sure.

1 minute ago, ShadowGary said:

Maybe something like, first catch in 24 hours is guarranteed to have a 31 IV?

That's not a bad idea, I think this game would see a vast increase in comp players.

Edited by Bestfriends

I dont think this is a good, idea, for some reasons. One is simple, competitive matches are the endgame of PokeMMO. That means you have to spend time to get in there, not just search for some wild pokes, and get your full team in less than a week. Breeding is expensive, takes time... But is perfect as it is. Just by doing island runs, you can breed a full 5x31 natured team in 14 days, Does that look too much? It isnt, at least for me. Is just like grinding for that "legendary gear" in other mmo´s. And as @OrangeManiac, that new status would make the game look like a P2W.

Of course, this is just my opinion, maybe with some changes, it ends being a good idea

34 minutes ago, Zigh said:

I dont think this is a good, idea, for some reasons. One is simple, competitive matches are the endgame of PokeMMO. That means you have to spend time to get in there, not just search for some wild pokes, and get your full team in less than a week. Breeding is expensive, takes time... But is perfect as it is. Just by doing island runs, you can breed a full 5x31 natured team in 14 days, Does that look too much? It isnt, at least for me. Is just like grinding for that "legendary gear" in other mmo´s. And as @OrangeManiac, that new status would make the game look like a P2W.

Of course, this is just my opinion, maybe with some changes, it ends being a good idea

You raise some valid points and I am going to address them with my rebuttals, but I love having open discussions.

1. Competitive matches are the end game of PokeMMO. Your correct and incorrect about that point. If you ask someone like JoshLindsay, he will scoff at you, however, if you ask my leader team leader Forfiter, he will say yes. So being competitive is based upon preference. You can be a shiny hunter at the end of the game as indicated by your sig (nice shiny Rhydon and Golduck by the way).

2. Having a full team in a week, I think there is a hole in your argument here. People have busy lives, for example, in real life DoubleJ is going to medical school (I have a family who are doctors, I can kind of relate to his struggles). Do you think he will have the time to breed up competitive pokemon within 14 days. I wouldn't say so, in fact, it might take him 60 days to do so. I think we need to give a bit more sympathy to people who are extremely busy in real life and shorten the time it takes to make a team. People try out numerous sets a day.

3. I do not have a problem with the Pay day mechanic, I think Island runs are healthy for the game. I think breeding resources will be the main financial focus instead of the comps. For instance, we can grind for the everstones at Magma Hideout and we can grind money to pay for those speed braces. Overall, this is a suggestion that would enrich both the player base and the development team.

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification

I like the idea of more chances to get High ivs But I dont Really like the idea of chances of finding comps in the wild

I mean doing the breeds is what makes the game fun IMO

I think the higher ivs feature should be added to our current Donator status tho

Edited by Kouteshi

I am fairly against the idea of two separate donator statuses. There's no need for two very similar yet different benefits. Adding more benefits to the already existing donator status is much preferable.

I don't know what you mean by +X% for those actions, there isn't a single 'value' to boost. You would have to quantify it in a way which would work (both programatically and somehow understandable to users)

One such theoretical example might be "If total IVs are less than 100, there is a 50% chance to reroll IVs". But how would you explain this to players accurately?

Then you have the issue of is giving players an effective boost in average IVs caught too much 'Pay2Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeen'? Or is it just 'Pay 2 save time'?

I would see it this way:

*Donor status works like serene grace so you hax your opponets even more. If you already got serene grace on your poke, the chance is doubled again.

*You never get confuhax, parahax, no negative status after TBolt or a move with secondary effect.

*Your crit chances go to stage 2 (50%).

*All above is negated if both players are using competitive donor status

Imagine all the profit @Desu.

3 hours ago, Kouteshi said:

I like the idea of more chances to get High ivs But I dont Really like the idea of chances of finding comps in the wild

I mean doing the breeds is what makes it fun

I think the higher ivs feature should be added to our current Donator status tho

That's based upon your preference, but PokeMMO generally appeals to a demographic of college students. College students have homework and exams they have to do and they want something quick like 3 days approximately.

3 hours ago, Desu said:

I am fairly against the idea of two separate donator statuses. There's no need for two very similar yet different benefits. Adding more benefits to the already existing donator status is much preferable.

I don't know what you mean by +X% for those actions, there isn't a single 'value' to boost. You would have to quantify it in a way which would work (both programatically and somehow understandable to users)

One such theoretical example might be "If total IVs are less than 100, there is a 50% chance to reroll IVs". But how would you explain this to players accurately?

Then you have the issue of is giving players an effective boost in average IVs caught too much 'Pay2Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeen'? Or is it just 'Pay 2 save time'?

Good morning Desu, its a pleasure debating and clarifying on points I didn't touch up on. So without further ado, lets answer your points one-by-one.

1. You don't need two donor statuses, but its just preferred. If you want to lump some of my ideas into the regular donor status, that's fine. I appreciate your openness to implement more benefits for donor status.

2. I will clarify what I mean, I would like to increase chances of wild catches with +25 IVs, but what I mean more towards your point is that statistically, you could have a chance to catch a bold slowpoke without the need to breed (but this can only work for walls, the rest of the pokes you catch need to be breed for that 31 speed brace which would make speed brace valuable).

3. Good question, I'll try my best to come up with a response: "If the sum of the IVs are less than 100, we will raise one or two of your stats to make sure the total is 100." I appreciate your openness to including something like this.

4. Its more of a Pay2SaveTime because people have other obligations to adhere to like studying for exams, schedule courses for next semester, etc. People usually go to PokeMMO for leisure instead of grinding.

In closing, I would like to say that we should give the option to people who can barely play PokeMMO due to an abusive schedule. Its always a pleasure chatting with you. I hope everything goes well in the next update.

3 hours ago, RysPicz said:

I would see it this way:

*Donor status works like serene grace so you hax your opponets even more. If you already got serene grace on your poke, the chance is doubled again.

*You never get confuhax, parahax, no negative status after TBolt or a move with secondary effect.

*Your crit chances go to stage 2 (50%).

*All above is negated if both players are using competitive donor status

Imagine all the profit @Desu.

Hello Forfiter, I like your proposal on competitive battling and having Competitive Donor Status, but I think a lot of people would be upset because they paid money for this game. I appreciate your idea, but I think we should keep everything as is in the comp battles.

2 hours ago, Qaztin said:

Bestfriends pls takie pills, no p2p/p2w.

No pay 2 play nor pay to win I think is the abbreviations your referring to. If that's the case, I do not need any pills, I have Instant Breakfast Carnation drinks to keep me in tact. I would like to ask, why do you want to deprive the options of players who might want to have a "boost" in stats? I mean you can work harder for it and it would last 14 days like @Zigh has stated, but some people don't have the time you may have. You might have plenty of time on your hands, but players like myself have real life obligations that put our game play on a brief halt. For some people, making a good team could take up to 30 to 60 days due to their abusive schedules. We can make their times a bit shorter by implementing this simple alternative.

Edited by Bestfriends
changed wording for better understanding
1 minute ago, Bestfriends said:

No pay 2 play nor pay to win I think is the abbreviations your referring to. If that's the case, I do not need any pills, I have Instant Breakfast Carnation drinks to keep me in tact. I would like to ask, why do you want to deprive the options of players who might want to have a "boost" in stats? I mean you can work harder for it and it would last 14 days like @Zigh has stated, but some people don't have the time you may have. You might have plenty of time on your hands, but players like myself have real life obligations that put our game play on a brief halt. For some people, making a good team could take up to 30 to 60 days due to their abusive schedules. We can make their times a bit shorter by implementing this simple alternative.

It's not mine or devs buisness that you don't have time to play this game(It's even like no one cares about it, face it, you're not the center of the world). If you don't have time then don't bother playing game that require time to achive anything(yeah that's how pokemon was all about all the time). I'm not the only one who is against not only your walls of texts(mind to use spoilers in future). And one more important thing: i'm against any p2p metods that are suggested in this forum. Really, talking like "i have other things to do, don't have much time but i want this and this, take my money for that and that" is childish way of thinking. PokeMMO is a game where players are equal in the terms of RNG, all have same chances to get any ivs pokemon. U can't force this suggestion to make players non-equal. It's not even simple alternative. It's direct PAY TO PLAY method. It's not freaky Heartstone where u need to pay money in order to avoid time-spending metod of gathering cards, or WoW to skip to 80 and get your items instantly.

Any influence in how u get your pokemon is going to make a fatal change for not only market and will create wide line between donator players and normal f2p players. Making this into life will make only this: Players who got real money > Other players. Why? Becayse P2P will get their comps in instant and can spend rest of their time to make them even more rich while F2P are still doing their comps(not minding being poor because of that).

If you really want to make this game more friendly for the players, to make making comps easier then for example: ask for cheaper braces(from 10k down to 5k)or some kind of mechanic that gives you your desired better ivs pokes in hordes(any idea that is not p2p method is good).

Here's your meds, you really need them buddy, it's not too late for you...

Spoiler

pills-512.jpg

And here is Leonidas, no potato, for so long post. Deaths to all P2P/P2W ideas.

Spoiler

59576472.jpg

1 hour ago, Kouteshi said:

I mean doing the breeds is what males it fun

If you speak about the "+90% of having the best IVs bred into comps" suggestion, I think it's the worst idea here.

Some people spends millions in breeding 5 or 6 x 30-31 Hidden Power comps while some can breed 2 or 3 x 31 + 3 x 27+ Hidden Power comps by managing the IVs probabilities.

Exemple : I have a 25 10 25 30 25 31 female Abra bad nature and I want HP FIRE.

I can breed a timid humanoid male breeder 25 14 25 X 25 30 to reduce the 31 speed to 30, pass the nature and get the right Hidden Power type.

No need to say that in genderless breeding, you can't breed 6 x 30-31, so the only way to breed a Hidden Power comp is to find the perfect breeders (almost impossible) or to increase/reduce the IVs in order to get the good combination.

In conclusion, this suggestion totally ruins the IVs breeding system.

1 hour ago, Qaztin said:

It's not mine or devs buisness that you don't have time to play this game(It's even like no one cares about it, face it, you're not the center of the world). If you don't have time then don't bother playing game that require time to achive anything(yeah that's how pokemon was all about all the time). I'm not the only one who is against not only your walls of texts(mind to use spoilers in future). And one more important thing: i'm against any p2p metods that are suggested in this forum. Really, talking like "i have other things to do, don't have much time but i want this and this, take my money for that and that" is childish way of thinking. PokeMMO is a game where players are equal in the terms of RNG, all have same chances to get any ivs pokemon. U can't force this suggestion to make players non-equal. It's not even simple alternative. It's direct PAY TO PLAY method. It's not freaky Heartstone where u need to pay money in order to avoid time-spending metod of gathering cards, or WoW to skip to 80 and get your items instantly.

Any influence in how u get your pokemon is going to make a fatal change for not only market and will create wide line between donator players and normal f2p players. Making this into life will make only this: Players who got real money > Other players. Why? Becayse P2P will get their comps in instant and can spend rest of their time to make them even more rich while F2P are still doing their comps(not minding being poor because of that).

If you really want to make this game more friendly for the players, to make making comps easier then for example: ask for cheaper braces(from 10k down to 5k)or some kind of mechanic that gives you your desired better ivs pokes in hordes(any idea that is not p2p method is good).

Here's your meds, you really need them buddy, it's not too late for you...

Hide contents

pills-512.jpg

And here is Leonidas, no potato, for so long post. Deaths to all P2P/P2W ideas.

Hide contents

59576472.jpg

Good morning Qaztin, I do not need any pills. I understand where your coming from, but people are busy. If the devs have your mindset of "The busy players are NOT worth my time", then expect players to be leaving by the thousands. I am not crazy, insane, off my rocker, or whatever else is the definition of a mentally handicapped person, its common sense. Most of PokeMMO's demographic are college students, why would PokeMMO have this mindset? Its not only patronising, but its down right insulting. Most people are busy in real life in the 21st century, and PokeMMO should curve a little for people who are busy in real life.

I understand that you want to break the barriers of wealthy and poor in real life, but at the same time, PokeMMO needs profit too. Where does PokeMMO get their revenue from? Do you think the EU or US government would say to PokeMMO, "well looks like your players enjoy your game so I will give you one million dollars for all expenses pertaining to the game, have a nice day!" The developers can wish for that, but the true way they get revenue is by the players of the game. Generally, players don't go shiny hunting (some do, but not all), usually players hunt for the right breeders and its down right frustrating for people. I see a potential for PokeMMO to make some bucks.

1 hour ago, Sashaolin said:

If you speak about the "+90% of having the best IVs bred into comps" suggestion, I think it's the worst idea here.

Some people spends millions in breeding 5 or 6 x 30-31 Hidden Power comps while some can breed 2 or 3 x 31 + 3 x 27+ Hidden Power comps by managing the IVs probabilities.

Exemple : I have a 25 10 25 30 25 31 female Abra bad nature and I want HP FIRE.

I can breed a timid humanoid male breeder 25 14 25 X 25 30 to reduce the 31 speed to 30, pass the nature and get the right Hidden Power type.

No need to say that in genderless breeding, you can't breed 6 x 30-31, so the only way to breed a Hidden Power comp is to find the perfect breeders (almost impossible) or to increase/reduce the IVs in order to get the good combination.

In conclusion, this suggestion totally ruins the IVs breeding system.

You have a valid argument, but how about people who need to work hard in real life and cannot do such a remarkable task? In my book, breeders do not need to be equal to shinies, in fact, for newer players, they get a feeling of "boy, I can never make it" and they leave. They give up when they see breeders worth a lot of yen. I mean a good breeder is like a Mustang that has the retail cost of a Cadillac, its not worth the money people offer. A good breeder should cost at most 600k, now I am not advocating price control, but due to the "Supply and Demand" policy, the supply should be increased and the demand should lower a little. Sashaolin, you might hit a home run with someone who does not want to spend money for donor status, but I think this can only help the economy rather than hurting it.

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification
8 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

You have a valid argument, but how about people who need to work hard in real life and cannot do such a remarkable task? In my book, breeders do not need to be equal to shinies, in fact, for newer players, they get a feeling of "boy, I can never make it" and they leave. They give up when they see breeders worth a lot of yen. I mean a good breeder is like a Mustang that has the retail cost of a Cadillac, its not worth the money people offer. A good breeder should cost at most 600k, now I am not advocating price control, but due to the "Supply and Demand" policy, the supply should be increased and the demand should lower a little. Sashaolin, you might hit a home run with someone who does not want to spend money for donor status, but I think this can only help the economy rather than hurting it.

Your intention of helping new players is dignified but I see no good reasons to penalize the players who master the game's mechanics in order to help new/busy players.

39 minutes ago, Sashaolin said:

Your intention of helping new players is dignified but I see no good reasons to penalize the players who master the game's mechanics in order to help new/busy players.

Your intention of working hard for what you earn is a great concept, but we need to also remember that people can't play this game 7 days a week, approximately 12 - 15 hours a day, 365 days a year. People will have set backs that can hinder their progress. As everyone else is working up, some might be held back and that temporary break would give players a message of "keep progressing, or we will leave you way behind." I feel like PokeMMO should give some boosters to help those who are left behind in the pack.

37 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

newbie now helped by a 100% encounter shiny.. what else now? to find a shiny 6x31 comp? D:

I am sorry, but your analogies are not coherent to my proposal. If I was asking for that, I would be hounded out by both the community and the developers respectively. PokeMMO needs a bit of an booster to help those who are behind, but I am not advocating the developers to give people stuff, that's absurd. What I am purposing is to give people is a head start and then they can get right to EVing and Levelling which surprisingly, I do not find a problem with. I love EV training and levelling, its a grind that I can just log in and ponder thoughts or if I don't have enough thoughts to ponder, I listen to the radio. Breeding however, is a obstacle for people who are busy with college work and so on so forth. Breeding is almost like a barrier to people's achievements rather than EV training, leveling, and so on so forth. EVs give a desired build to the pokemon and we should not get any "quick" EV medicine for pokemon (Vitamins increasing EVs to +50 for example), but rather, a quick medicine for breeding.

Edited by Bestfriends
clarified my point

All you talk about is making escuses about your lack of time to make your idea legit, but it won't work this way. You don't even bother talking about how it would affect market(minding the bad way, you only point good side, no bad sides). It's nice to see another selfish idea on this suggest box, like it won't make rich get richer leaving poor not-p2p behind just to make for this p2p people quick acces to things.

1. Don't talk in the name of PokeMMO society like you know every one of them, who are they IRL. You got no data about that, so at least make pool and collect it for fuck sake, your team and your friends(if u got any) in the game are not 100% of the society.

2. Before you suggest such a thing make at leat predictions how it affect game, how will it work on market etc. You only pointed things that will reward u personaly but even don't care how it affects other. "600k for good breeder". Spare me. Wishfull thinking.

3. Donator status -> Donations. It's not like Devs needs to bait people for cash via donator status. By normal Donator status we got acces to things that slighly gives us boost that don't affect market in critical way. It's way of appreciation from devs for donating for game, for making it possible to upgrade the game and  sustaining the server. When u get such boost as u suggest - it won't be donation but simply buying the content of the game. P2P.

Your idea is going life-> guys who p2p get new get insta comps-> they sell them and make profit from that ->p2p are rich, f2p are poor

Your idea is going life-> guys who p2p get new get insta comps-> they sell them for low prices because market is overflooded -> breeders can't make money via breeding anymore -> rich stay rich, p2p are rich, f2p can't make money this way

Anyway f2p are fucked. And when prices of comps become lesser then i guarantee that next would be nerfing income from payday/vs seeker. Then price become even lesser etc. It's a dead loop.

-First thing it's extremly unballanced. It can be exploited for $.

-If we make RNG less affecting breeding/catching etc. it will mean same thing as removing it at this point because of these high percentages. If there is no need to RNG be alive so why don't u play ShowDown, u don't have to bother breeding or catching or even collecting yens. U said you're busy right? Why don't you go there? Students shouldn't spend their money on games like that.

-Not all players are up to competetive play. I would assume that 1/4 or 1/6 is that end game part of players, rest are people who ends playing without even participating on it. They end their games after beting e4 or even not finishing the story at all. Also big part of them are Alts.

-You said that DarylDixon analogies are not coherent to your thinking but he's got right. Making comps easier to find is also making easier to find shiny comps becasue one thing is atached to another. And you simply ignored that fact.

-You are realy close minded person. Your only argument that u repeated more than once was "time". U did not even bring up any of the things i pointed up. Or anyone else. Hunting for pokes, specialy for breeders is part of this game. You can't literally skip that and making it easier for people who spends bucks for it will be unfair for the others in many aspects. RNG is big part of the game, starting from ivs, ending on geting paralyzes from t punches and other shit. Your suggestion is not heading to perfection of the game but into siplification, we don't need another ShowDown here.

It's Pokemmo, no bullshit, just games.

I do not see the need for this, I think that IV's and breeding are completely balanced in a good way and do not require any form of change to them, ESPECIALLY not a cash shop item only change

I actively do not want this in the game for all of the reasons already mentioned.

Also new players don't care about IV's, they want a poke with a nice move set that evolves well and is helpful in the story, and for new players getting into comp you can give them some leveled EV'd pokes with Ehh IV's that you no longer use, it will do the trick for them until they get their own, I used to play with pokemon that I later learned were utter trash IV wise (This was way back when we couldn't just view IV's in game and I was always too lazy to check)

6 hours ago, Qaztin said:

All you talk about is making escuses about your lack of time to make your idea legit, but it won't work this way. You don't even bother talking about how it would affect market(minding the bad way, you only point good side, no bad sides). It's nice to see another selfish idea on this suggest box, like it won't make rich get richer leaving poor not-p2p behind just to make for this p2p people quick acces to things.

1. Don't talk in the name of PokeMMO society like you know every one of them, who are they IRL. You got no data about that, so at least make pool and collect it for fuck sake, your team and your friends(if u got any) in the game are not 100% of the society.

2. Before you suggest such a thing make at leat predictions how it affect game, how will it work on market etc. You only pointed things that will reward u personaly but even don't care how it affects other. "600k for good breeder". Spare me. Wishfull thinking.

3. Donator status -> Donations. It's not like Devs needs to bait people for cash via donator status. By normal Donator status we got acces to things that slighly gives us boost that don't affect market in critical way. It's way of appreciation from devs for donating for game, for making it possible to upgrade the game and  sustaining the server. When u get such boost as u suggest - it won't be donation but simply buying the content of the game. P2P.

Your idea is going life-> guys who p2p get new get insta comps-> they sell them and make profit from that ->p2p are rich, f2p are poor

Your idea is going life-> guys who p2p get new get insta comps-> they sell them for low prices because market is overflooded -> breeders can't make money via breeding anymore -> rich stay rich, p2p are rich, f2p can't make money this way

Anyway f2p are fucked. And when prices of comps become lesser then i guarantee that next would be nerfing income from payday/vs seeker. Then price become even lesser etc. It's a dead loop.

-First thing it's extremly unballanced. It can be exploited for $.

-If we make RNG less affecting breeding/catching etc. it will mean same thing as removing it at this point because of these high percentages. If there is no need to RNG be alive so why don't u play ShowDown, u don't have to bother breeding or catching or even collecting yens. U said you're busy right? Why don't you go there? Students shouldn't spend their money on games like that.

-Not all players are up to competetive play. I would assume that 1/4 or 1/6 is that end game part of players, rest are people who ends playing without even participating on it. They end their games after beting e4 or even not finishing the story at all. Also big part of them are Alts.

-You said that DarylDixon analogies are not coherent to your thinking but he's got right. Making comps easier to find is also making easier to find shiny comps becasue one thing is atached to another. And you simply ignored that fact.

-You are realy close minded person. Your only argument that u repeated more than once was "time". U did not even bring up any of the things i pointed up. Or anyone else. Hunting for pokes, specialy for breeders is part of this game. You can't literally skip that and making it easier for people who spends bucks for it will be unfair for the others in many aspects. RNG is big part of the game, starting from ivs, ending on geting paralyzes from t punches and other shit. Your suggestion is not heading to perfection of the game but into siplification, we don't need another ShowDown here.

It's Pokemmo, no bullshit, just games.

Lets not malign each other here, this is a debate. Let me recite each of your points one-by-one:

1. I am going to answer some of your anecdotal claims.

- I do release that people in my team do not represent the general population of PokeMMO at large. Your claim is that I have no friends, how would you know? Did you see me go to the movies? I wonder if you saw my car at McDonald's, on a serious note, you don't know me either so don't encourage others to stereotype me.

- I realise that my friends (I thought you said I have no friends) are not a generalised depiction of society. Each person comes from a different background.

- I don't need to go on because this point is completely anecdotal and not pertinent to my proposal.

2. I did address a counter claim in my suggestion, I'll quote it for you. 

13 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

"I would also assume that one of my major counterarguments is that I am "breaking the economy," but I am not. You still need to breed for that Hidden Power pokemon you want, but you won't have to catch tirelessly to get a decent breeder anymore."

- Not only have I addressed one counter claim that your are mentioning, but I have taken the time to respond to each person accordingly and addressed their concerns.

- I assume in the marketplace, its going to work beautifully. You can breed for people and sell pokemon and your product could be sold (and no reward points needed). Keep the old system, but also put a new system in. Since people might buy the new donor status, its going to pressure the breeders to lower down their prices, which is good for most players who want to purchase cheep breeders to the point where good breeders can cost 100k - 300k instead of 300k - 700k. This is good for not only people like myself who could watch the prices go down, but I think that a lower price tag is obtainable. If you want to go old school and start breeding that way, that's fine.

- Since you mentioned an anecdote, now its time for me to mention why I was not wanting to make this suggestion. I have a 5x31 male Ampharos, if I was selfish as you set me out to be, than I wouldn't of even taken the time to make this suggestion. I wanted to do what was right and all I got was flack for decreasing the price of my expensive breeder I plan to sell one day.

Proof:734c3ef6ae6f160d14aa6db356cc5089.png

3. I communicated with most donor users and they like the benefits and not the actual meaning to the name.

- How would what I am purposing ruin the market? If anything, it would make goods more accessible to newer players. I don't care if you do it the old fashioned way (like my Ampharos) or if you buy the new donor status, you'll still be able to contribute to the marketplace as a whole. I checked GTL and most things are extremely overpriced, I think its time to change this.

- The market is probably going to at worst, have a slight price drop in the breeding department, but the breeding department itself has its own "Supply and Demand" system. If people want Blastoise, breeders breed Blastoise and sell it on trade chat. Breeders can adapt to change.

"Your idea is going life-> guys who p2p get new get insta comps-> they sell them and make profit from that ->p2p are rich, f2p are poor

Your idea is going life-> guys who p2p get new get insta comps-> they sell them for low prices because market is overflooded -> breeders can't make money via breeding anymore -> rich stay rich, p2p are rich, f2p can't make money this way" (Qaztin).

4. I am going to ask, why do you keep making stereotypes of me? Is it enthralling to see me debating you in a negative light? I mean most people I debate do not tell me how I would think. You don't know me and I don't know you. 

- I would think the developers might try to tame down this feature a little so it won't interfere with the economy.

- Rich stay rich, hasn't that always happened? JoshLindsay is a rich player and he can stay rich because he is not investing in competitive play. I try my best to acquire as many comps as I can, but I also know that most players are much wealthier than me.

5. How would you know about the developers intentions for the pay day mechanic? You love turning your perceptions into facts. I am not going to say that pay day is going to decrease, but it might remain the same because there would be a ton of economic prosperity and more things to buy instead of more in game money to grind for (which in turn would increase the player population).

6. Its unbalanced, the developers can balance out the donor status to make sure it doesn't interfere with the game economics if needbe.

7. So your going with the approach of "we don't care about students, let them quit and play showdown." PokeMMO is a game with a wide demographic of college students, but also your missing a key point, why not try to appeal to all demographics instead of people who have all the time in the world and can log into the game. Escentually, your making PokeMMO more of a "quit college and play this" type of game than "continue college and we can make it easier for you to fit us in your tight schedule."

8. This is a common stereotype and its downright wrong, I communicate with every newer player I can find and poll them just for fun. I asked them if they would like to quit the game after the story is completed or go into another field of the game? About 80% of them tell me that they want to find some direction to go to after the story and about 15% of them mentioned your point of "quitting after the story" and 5% have no idea.

9. That analogy is not coherent to my point. I am not saying that I want the developers to give every person who receives reward points a guaranteed comp or shiny. Here is a analogy of our debate, its like I would like to give you one egg and you stated that I wanted to give you a dozen eggs. 

10. You forgot one of my points I mentioned on an earlier post, I am okay with EV training and levelling. EV training does not need vitamins that go +50 EVs, but I think there should be a remedy to the breeding problem instead of the EV training.

1 hour ago, Matoka said:

I do not see the need for this, I think that IV's and breeding are completely balanced in a good way and do not require any form of change to them, ESPECIALLY not a cash shop item only change

I actively do not want this in the game for all of the reasons already mentioned.

Also new players don't care about IV's, they want a poke with a nice move set that evolves well and is helpful in the story, and for new players getting into comp you can give them some leveled EV'd pokes with Ehh IV's that you no longer use, it will do the trick for them until they get their own, I used to play with pokemon that I later learned were utter trash IV wise (This was way back when we couldn't just view IV's in game and I was always too lazy to check)

Good evening Matoka, its a pleasure hearing from you, let me address your concerns:

- This is a preference, but this would capitalise the usage of the Donor Status instead of selling and reselling it.

- This is a stereotype of newer players. I've taken this claim head on, most newer players would like a new direction to go to in PokeMMO after their done with the story instead of cutting PokeMMO like cold turkey and running.

- Most people I polled are like you in that they want to live and learn instead of doing PokeMMO for the story and quitting afterwards. They want to go for shinies or breed for competitive pokemon or comps, but they tell me that breeding is way too complicated.

Edited by Bestfriends
Cleared up some thoughts
11 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Good evening Matoka, its a pleasure hearing from you, let me address your concerns:

- This is a preference, but this would capitalise the usage of the Donor Status instead of selling and reselling it.

- This is a stereotype of newer players. I've taken this claim head on, most newer players would like a new direction to go to in PokeMMO after their done with the story instead of cutting PokeMMO like cold turkey and running.

- Most people I polled are like you in that they want to live and learn instead of doing PokeMMO for the story and quitting afterwards. They want to go for shinies or breed for competitive pokemon or comps, but they tell me that breeding is way too complicated.

Breeding is not "way too complicated" it is actually very easy to understand if you spend about 5 minutes reading a guide on the forums which have kindly been made by other players, all the info is there

Donator status is perfectly balanced and it is something you can have to option to receive as thanks for Donating cash to help keep the longevity of the game by helping pay bills to keep the game running, It does not need to be changed or buff, Nothing in the cash shop needs to be changed or buffed (Except MAYBE amnesia brace and even then its not NEEDED).

Some players will literally play the game for the story and quit because they only wanted to play the story, Some of those people quit because they don't have enough friends to talk to so they don't feel like its fun to stay in the game, some people quit because there is a lot of grind in end game with earning cash and not that much diversity in content (Which is being addressed over time with updates)

I have never heard of anyone quitting the game because either:
A: "Its too hard to find good pokemon in the wild"

B: "Breeding is too complicated"

Also Donator status is only able to be sold in game because people WANT to use it, so they buy it, they don't just buy it because it looks pretty sitting in their inventory.

I still strongly believe we should not re-balance anything to do with Donator status because I feel it is in a good place and also, even if it wasn't we have no right to complain as we receive it as thanks for a donation.

2 hours ago, Matoka said:

Breeding is not "way too complicated" it is actually very easy to understand if you spend about 5 minutes reading a guide on the forums which have kindly been made by other players, all the info is there

Donator status is perfectly balanced and it is something you can have to option to receive as thanks for Donating cash to help keep the longevity of the game by helping pay bills to keep the game running, It does not need to be changed or buff, Nothing in the cash shop needs to be changed or buffed (Except MAYBE amnesia brace and even then its not NEEDED).

Some players will literally play the game for the story and quit because they only wanted to play the story, Some of those people quit because they don't have enough friends to talk to so they don't feel like its fun to stay in the game, some people quit because there is a lot of grind in end game with earning cash and not that much diversity in content (Which is being addressed over time with updates)

I have never heard of anyone quitting the game because either:
A: "Its too hard to find good pokemon in the wild"

B: "Breeding is too complicated"

Also Donator status is only able to be sold in game because people WANT to use it, so they buy it, they don't just buy it because it looks pretty sitting in their inventory.

I still strongly believe we should not re-balance anything to do with Donator status because I feel it is in a good place and also, even if it wasn't we have no right to complain as we receive it as thanks for a donation.

I appreciate hearing your feedback. I would like to address your concerns:

1. I would assume you have a high IQ. People who understand how the breeding system works are quite intellegent. Your smarter than the average person on this note.

2. If something is unbalanced in the Donor Status, the devs can always tweak it a little. I think there should be a little buff in wild catches and breeding results, that's all I am asking for.

3. People quit this game partly because they can't understand what good and bad breeders are. I tell people that there are natures and IVs to look out for, but people I talk to do a couple of options: 1. Tell me how difficult it is to find the right pokemon. 2. Ask me to do the breeding for them (which I am not doing). 3. Get upset and tell me this is the last time I'll see them in game. (The list goes on)

4. Are you not trusting the developers to tweak the donor status a little so that way we can catch pokemon with good IVs and at the same time, not ruining the economy as a whole?

5. My selfish self is telling me that we shouldn't change anything so that way I can sell my 5x31 male Ampharos, but I don't want to be selfish, so I made this suggestion so that way other people can have a shot in breeding up a good pokemon as well. As of right now, many people buy donor status to sell it in trade chat for a profit. If you go on the Global Trade Link, there are a ton of donor status envelopes for sale. I would assume that having a slight buff to the donator status ticket could make people use it a lot more than they do now.

abad133cc3dd655b534fe6cabeb3fe89.png 

Here is proof that I have a 5x31 Ampharos Male breeder

734c3ef6ae6f160d14aa6db356cc5089.png

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification