Please Make EV Training Less Time-Consuming

Zaiara

Question

23 answers to this question

Just now, Zaiara said:

It's just so unbearably boring to do for a full team. After doing a few, I just can't even convince myself to turn the game on anymore.

Maybe make the macho brace give you quadruple?

Why not hire someone to do EV training for you?

Both of these solution would require just as much of a grind.

I know what you're saying, but the fact is I have been playing this game for a year and a half and have 3 pokemon.

I cannot convince my friends, who are all pokemon enthusiasts, to play this game based on the grind between so many factors just to get one competitive level pokemon. Even worse, I'm losing motivation to even log in for more than 10 minutes.

The newer versions of the official pokemon game have addressed the fact that the older versions exasperate their users on the EV-grind, and have offered other avenues accordingly. I think this game would benefit from also acknowledging this, considering it's otherwise the best pokemon game I've played.

Edited by Zaiara
2 minutes ago, Zaiara said:

Both of these solution would require just as much of a grind.

I know what you're saying, but the fact is I have been playing this game for a year and a half and have 3 pokemon.

I cannot convince my friends, who are all pokemon enthusiasts, to play this game based on the grind between so many factors just to get one competitive level pokemon. Even worse, I'm losing motivation to even log in for more than 10 minutes.

do battle frontier, it's entertaining for a while, then you can buy vitamins with your BP, or even buy things such as choice bands to sell and use the money to buy pre leveled pokes

Even though EV training has become easier now with hordes implemented, it is still boring af. Looking for an interactive way to ev other than bf. Making macho quadruple evs isn't a solution to it.

2 minutes ago, Bishav said:

Even though EV training has become easier now with hordes implemented, it is still boring af. Looking for an interactive way to ev other than bf. Making macho quadruple evs isn't a solution to it.

Yea, that's why I mentioned how the newer official games tackle it. That's a lot of additional programming, though.

2 hours ago, Uncandango said:

I counted 31 minutes for EV training 252 EV (attack) with 5 pokemons at same time.

Please explain what are you doing, maybe we can help you.

Not everyone is able to focus on such a repetitive, menial task for that long. Personally, it takes me at least three hours to actually EV a stat, but I have ADHD and so focusing on something like that for more than a couple minutes at a time is nearly impossible. I prefer just doing matchmaking until I have 10k BP to spend on vitamins.

PP max sweet scent > get a lvl +80 surf, eq, rock slide spammer > ez evs

HP in route 114 or ditto cave (100%)

Attk in Pattern bush (Spinaraks and heracross)

Def in magma hideout (100%)

Sp attk in lavander tower (Gastly and haunter)

Sp def island 5 water (100%)

speed Island 5 meadow (100%)

44 minutes ago, SirYurop said:

HP route 114 pond 6-9 (100%)

Atk route 23 at night 5-10 (100%) Leppa/Elixirs

Def Magma hideout 5-10 / tangela patch 5 (100%)

Spatk mt.ember slugmas 5 (100%) Leppa/Elixirs

Spdef trainer tower 5-10 (100%)

Speed Canyon entrance 8 (100%)

EV Training was made super easy now, as you now have hordes that give you a bunch of EVs for a single stat, in a single fight. Stuff like Defense and Attack that were boring to farm are now possible to have it reach 252 EV in like 30min to 1 hour each stat, when it used to be 3x/4x that time. If it was any easier or less time consuming it would just be way too fast compared to other pokemon games with RPG content

I don't think it will be changed because someone works 2 jobs, that's not anyone's fault, and everyone/most ppl are fine with how EVs are trained right now

11 hours ago, Zaiara said:

The newer versions of the official pokemon game have addressed the fact that the older versions exasperate their users on the EV-grind, and have offered other avenues accordingly. I think this game would benefit from also acknowledging this, considering it's otherwise the best pokemon game I've played.

hordes? hordes

8 hours ago, SirYurop said:

well with hordes is still hard for a non Rock Slide/EQ/Surf poke (pikachu for example)

9 hours ago, Appelsap said:

HP route 114 pond 6-9 (100%)

Atk route 23 at night 5-10 (100%) Leppa/Elixirs

Def Magma hideout 5-10 / tangela patch 5 (100%)

Spatk mt.ember slugmas 5 (100%) Leppa/Elixirs

Spdef trainer tower 5-10 (100%)

Speed Canyon entrance 8 (100%)

If you're after speed, this is the best locations I believe:

HP - Route 114

Atk - Route 23

Def - Victory Road(Skip machokes)

Sp def - Trainer Tower surfing

Speed - Ruin Valley/Canyon Entrance

1 minute ago, Uncandango said:

Sadly, SPA gets no love :(

I don't know why devs did it...

I feel like they deliberately made offensive EV'ing harder, this is noticeable with them removing the 100% Heracross hordes and the 100% Golduck / Psyduck hordes on Cape Brink, I mean, Im ok with it but man Sp.Att horde training is a pain.

10 minutes ago, Matoka said:

I feel like they deliberately made offensive EV'ing harder, this is noticeable with them removing the 100% Heracross hordes and the 100% Golduck / Psyduck hordes on Cape Brink, I mean, Im ok with it but man Sp.Att horde training is a pain.

They messed up Route 23 once (daytime was giving sandslash horde), and then they brought back ATT only hordes.

They should make it far like route 23, like Lost Cave giving SPA only and no bat...

Currently i do Meteor Falls (after climbing waterfall, first room) at night if i need SPA+SPEED (and bring 2 Kelpsy for rare mixed solrock+luna horde).

Edited by Uncandango