NPC that removes Unknown OT

Blue

Question

As the title says im suggesting the addition of a NPC that turns an unknown OT pokemon to your own OT, in exchange for a fee, like 100k for example. This should work only for normal pokemon having Unknown OT and not shinies.  Also regarding that pokedex OT collection thing, since you get no reward from completing it, it cant be abused using NPC to turn pokemon to your OT. Will actually be a great money sink if people start turning pokemon their OT in order to complete OT dex.

Positives:

Huge $$ sink / pokemon sink(since people will have to make the poke unknown OT first)

making game more enjoyable for players letting them have their OT comp/random poke

Negatives:

cant think any, lf feedback

Edited by Bluejim
bolded some to make myself more clear

11 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, Thunderprime said:

You want that OT feebas dont you

Basically, since players spend so much $$ making their comps, I find it fair for them to be able to make the final breed product their OT. In the end its theirs and they sure spent some of their time making.

I'm all fine with this suggestion, another money sink and people who care about it often are the kinda people fine with paying to get their OT (I would anyway)

But in terms of the whole Unknown OT thing I feel like there are inherently a lot of problems...  Click below for small rant

Currently the Unknown OT exists in order to make it where you have to catch the pokemon in order to have its info in the pokdex (Or defeat in the cases of Mewtwo / Rayquaza)
This is a fine idea on paper

I am 100% fine with not getting pokedex credit for pokemon that I did not catch and tried to breed to skip having to catch it, however, the change has really irritated me in terms of a customization aspect as it just feels ugly to see any pokemon with OT: UnknownOT

This change also infuriates me as it isn't fair to people who found an OT shiny that was male that they want to breed with something as they have obtained both the pokemon but they lose the OT because their OT just happened to be male, for instance I found a Male Persian which is usable as I could pass Fakeout to Pikachu etc, however any resulting pokemon wouldn't be my OT and my OT is consumed for nothing

I really think that FUNCTIONALLY the Unknown OT change remains exactly the same as it is now

But I think VISUALLY it should be changed to at least say the name of the person who Hatched it (Even if the name was grayed out or something so we can still tell its not a true OT)
and / or
Make it that if ANY of the shiny pokemon parents are OT then the resulting Shiny is OT
I honestly think this is fair because you were still lucky enough to get an OT, and you still had to get the rare Shiny via paying for it or trading for it, and your OT doesn't add any value to the pokemon from anyone's perspective other than your own (unless you are someone famous on the server)

All in all I think there should be some tweaks to the actual system of how Unknown OT is done, afaik it doesn't store data of who actually hatched the egg for Unknown OTs but I feel this should be changed so we at least know who hatched it even if they aren't their "OT" or something.
The entire thing just causes a big pet-peev for me whenever I think of how it wasn't a necessary side effect of preventing cheating the pokedex.

/Rant

Edited by Matoka

I agree with flare. It would make the u know it pointless. If ur worried about ur OT u seriously only need to catch the Pokemon u want to breed. If is female. U goof to go. If is male. Breed with a ditto that are sooooo cheap. And then turn it female and finish ur breed. Ik it can be time consuming. I took 5h to catch a stupid tauros. But is the only thing u can do. And about the feebas. I feel ur pain. But what u can do is breed one (with the unknown OT. Ev train it. Set up moves. Boa bla bla. And when they implement the beauty contest. Or any way to evolve feebas they will obviously implement it on the wild. So sell that ugly unknown OT u have caus I'm 420% sure the price of a comp milotic will be expensive as fuck when it gets implemented and with the money u'll make. U'll be able to breed 2 3 or even 4 ots feebas.

On 21.06.2016 at 1:12 PM, Kizhaz said:

As much as I would prefer to have comps as my own OT I can't see this being implemented just because of the new dex elements, like caught pokemon/ owned pokemon

Well dex could work without that Unkown Ot change(well at least other wayt) but i think it was a shortcut for devs to implement whole dex change.

And Rant got right, the OT of hatched poke should have the OT of breeder(as breeder i mean character that does breed this pair of pokes).

I don't know how OT changing would affect market since everyone could get theirs OT on shinies(im not shiny trader). For me personaly OT on shiny is only personal link between player and the achiviment of catching shiny. Sure it's better to get OT but does really that decide about for example: how much worth is shiny paras with OT of Squirtle than  Unkown OT or random dude OT(i know that many would argue about squirtle master race ot but guyyyyyz its only example)?

My proposal of solution:

1. Add hidden data into poke to redeem OT(like Rant pointed).

2. Maybe it's time to bring up usage for items like pearls/big pearls/nuggets/starpiece/stardust? Like in exchange for few of them u can change OT to the player who actualy breed/caught poke.