[BM] - Bottom Meta - Come take your morning BM! - 500k in prizes - Sunkern Banned to Ubers!

Hey everyone here on the forums! So I have created a new metagame meant to bring attention to pokemon who would normally never be used under any circumstances. It also gives more value to wildcatches.  I hope you guys like it I have played around with the idea for years and I finally decided to finalize the roster.  Enjoy!

[BM] - Bottom Meta Rules and Restrictions

• Every Pokemons level MUST be level 15
  • Mons may ONLY learn LEVEL UP MOVES
  • Evasion increasing and accuracy reducing moves are BANNED
    - Use of those moves will result in an immediate loss
  • A team of 3 Pokemon MUST be used
  • The Pokemon must be a WILD CATCH ONLY
  • Hold items may be used
    - Use of a banned item(s) will result in an immediate loss
  • EV training is allowed but ONLY 32 EV's are permitted in ONLY ONE STAT.
    - This will award 1 stat point increase
  • Pichu, Cleffa, and Azurill are the ONLY Pokemon allowed to be made through BREEDING.  HOWEVER they MUST be bred with INTENTIONALLY LOW IVS.  Pichu, Cleffa and Azurill are only allowed a MAXIMUM of 90 IV points in total.
  • No egg moves are permitted.  Besides moves listed in the moves lists below.  Any Egg moves taught must be covered up with level up moves
  • Banned Pokemon:  Sunkern.  Reason: Too OP.
  • Banned Moves: Sand attack, double team
  • Banned Items: Berry Juice, Lax incense, Sitrus berry
  • List of Clauses: OHKO/Species/OP Item/Evasion/Self KO/Accuracy/Sleep

Legal [BM] Pokemon
Azurill
Wurmple
Weedle
Caterpie
Ralts
Magikarp
Silcoon
Pichu
Metapod
Kakuna
Cascoon
Tyrogue
Cleffa
Seedot

Why this tier exists.

Reason 1:  To make Pokemon who would never get any sort of competitive use actually useful for once.  And put them on and equal level so that a caterpie can compete with any other mon in the tier.

Reason 2:  To make a meta where it doesnt take for-fucking-ever to make a actually viable team.

Reason 3:  To give noobs a way to compete and earn yen in battle without having to put 200+ hours into the game

Reason 4:  To give wild catches more value by having a tier where there can only be wild catches.

When:

July 1st 2016 @ 5:00PM PST

Where:

Pewter City Flower Box Channel 1

Prizes:

1st Place: 350k

2nd Place: 150k

Entry:

15k mailed prior to the event.  IGN: Xatu  This will be used only to supplement the cost of the prizes and not provide me with any profit whatsoever. Registration starts now and ends when the day of the tournament.  Post in this thread with your IGN and I will add you to the list of players/reserves.  Your name will be in red until I have received the entry fee. 

8/16/32 Player Single Elimination

Players:

1. Blackjovi

2. Camyy

3. xCaptainAwesome

4. Vorred

5. KingBowser

6. SirDusty

7. TheFireLion

8. Torrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

9. DaftRetro

10. OrangeManiac

11. Parke

12. sfSkump

13. Predakiller

14. Eggplant

15. Misterhide

16. Schleep

17. gbwead

18. ElTrumpio

How to make a team in 10 minutes:

Option 1:  Buy off the gtl. 

• simply search for the desired mon you want with the desire nature you want.  Quickly check that it is a wild catch to make sure that it is legal.

Option 2:  Go catch them!

• this one is pretty self explanatory and in order to get the proper nature you want i would suggest using a pokemon with synchronize.

Regarding Cleffa and Pichu and Azurill

• Simply search for a pikachu/clefairy/Marill with under 90 BST and the proper nature using the GTL.  Then find a suitable ditto/pokemon in their egg group that also has less then 90 bst.  Using those 2 pokemon you should be able to breed a legal pichu or cleffa in 1 breed every time.
  • You can also search for a pichu or cleffa directly on the GTL with the nature you want

Regarding EV training

• Get your 32 EVs right away from a low level Pokemon to make sure you dont go over level 15.  Hoardes are not recommended.
  • You may have loose EVs in other stats by "accident" but any stat with over 15 EV's that isnt your 32 EV stat will result in a disqualification. 

Best Spots to EV Train for BM

• HP: Caterpie @ Viridian Forest
  • Attack: Paras @ Mt. Moon
  • Defense: Metapod/Kakuna @ Viridian Forest
  • Sp. Attack: TBA
  • Sp. Defense: TBA
  • Speed: Pidgey @ Rt. 1

List of All Possible Movesets
Sunkern - absorb, growth, mega drain, ingrain, grass whistle, leech seed
Azurill - charm, tail whip, bubble, splash, bubblebeam, water sport, 
Wurmple - string shot, tackle, poison sting
Weedle - posion sting, string shot
Caterpie - tackle, string shot
Ralts - growl, confusion, teleport, double team
Magikarp - tackle, splash
Silcoon - string shot, tackle, poison sting, harden
Pichu - charm, thunder shock, tail whip,  sweet kiss
Metapod - tackle, string shot, harden
Kakuna - poison sting, string shot, harden
Cascoon - string shot, tackle, poison sting, harden
Tyrogue - tackle, helping hand, fake out, foresight
Cleffa - charm, pound, encore, sing, sweet kiss
Seedot - bide, harden, growth, nature power

Crossed out moves signify that they have no competitive use and/or are banned.

[Ban Announcement] Sunkern banned from BM

Sunkern                                      

Type: Grass
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tier: BM

BST:
HP: 30
Attack: 30
Defense: 30
Sp. Atk:  30
Sp. Def: 30
Speed: 30

Sunkern has been dominating BM for a while (~1 day). A 30 base spattack stat, 2 valuable grass stab moves and 6 possible moves are precisely what a glass cannon like Sunkern needs to break everything in its path. Getting a perfect coverage on Sunkern is no hard task when you have access to moves like Mega Drain (stab), Absorb (stab),if pp run out and Leech Seed. Besides Wurmple, Weedle, Caterpie, Silcoon, Kakuna, Cascoon and Seedot there is no Pokemon that can resist Mega Drain. Bug/Poison types are hardly a problem since they usually have bad spdef and take significant dmg from stab move regardless of their 1/4 resistance. Besides Wurmple, Weedle, Silcoon, Kakuna and Cascoon, Poison types don't learn Poison Sting. They have also no way to heal themselves. Megadrain destroys all water types in BM. As for Grass, Bug and Poison Types, they take tons of damage from Leech Seed. Basically, Sunkern seems to have no real counter.

Some would think that Sunkern can't sweep because Wurmple, Weedle, Silcoon, Kakuna and Cascoon can kill it at any time. However, killing Sunkern is not that simple. Grass Whistle gives crazy momentum and allows it to heal back up with Ingrain/Leech Seed. Killing becomes nearly impossible when that happens. A missed Grass Whistle can somehow help, but never underestimate the power of 55% accurancy.

For these reasons, the BM Tier Council considers Sunkern too much for BM and has decided to ban it.

Movesets:
Items: Miracle Seed
EV's: 32 spatk (for tons of damage)

Mega Drain
Leech Seed
Grass Whistle
Ingrain

(but seriously, every set, like a Growth set, can work here)

Calcs:

Couldn't find Mega Drain on Showdown, so used Smogon, level of Pokemon is 15:
32 SpA Miracle Seed Sunkern Mega Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magikarp: 30-36 (85.7% - 102.9%)
with Life Ball: 32-38 (91.4% - 108.6%)
with Special Choiceband: 32-42 (91.4% - 120%)

32 SpA Miracle Seed Sunkern Mega Drain vs. 32 HP Silcoon 6-8 (13.3% - 17.8%)

We see here that Sunkern has a slight chance to OHKO a Magikarp and also does substantial damage to a possible 'counter'.

-thanks to Gruul for the write-up

Edited by Xatu

Constructive criticism:

24 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Sunkern - absorb, growth, mega drain

Spoiler

c6ffcbc5b606bd3b1c1e5ebfe404dc95.png

27 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Azurill - charm, tail whip, bubble, slam, splash

Spoiler

e6b8129255edec0a01fd9138caebc8df.png

Caterpie - poison sting, string shot

Metapod - posion sting, string shot, harden

Spoiler

f2d21584957460dc5bb1bcdd0723a190.png

Pichu - charm, thunder shock, tail whip, thunder wave, sweet kiss

Spoiler

e7b538d751583a3649b09a85d155e4ed.png

I want to add that I don't need to try playing this tier to know I won't like it. If a drug dealer tells me: "You won't know if you like Cocain until you try it". I am still not going to try it. If you post something publicly, you should be ready to receive negative feedback. I have not insulted you, so please don't victimise yourself. On the other hand, you have been quite condescending toward the comp players of this community. For instance, you said previously that you wanted to "encourage people to care less about ivs etc and focus more on the actual gameplay not just eugenicssimulator 2017". We know what actual gameplay is. Don't look down upon us. You have the right to post this thread and we have the right to dislike the content of this thread.