[BM] - Bottom Meta - Come take your morning BM! - 500k in prizes - Sunkern Banned to Ubers!

[Ban Announcement] Sunkern banned from BM

Sunkern                                      

Type: Grass

Ability: Chlorophyll

Tier: BM

BST:

HP: 30

Attack: 30

Defense: 30

Sp. Atk:  30

Sp. Def: 30

Speed: 30

Sunkern has been dominating BM for a while (~1 day). A 30 base spattack stat, 2 valuable grass stab moves and 6 possible moves are precisely what a glass cannon like Sunkern needs to break everything in its path. Getting a perfect coverage on Sunkern is no hard task when you have access to moves like Mega Drain (stab), Absorb (stab),if pp run out and Leech Seed. Besides Wurmple, Weedle, Caterpie, Silcoon, Kakuna, Cascoon and Seedot there is no Pokemon that can resist Mega Drain. Bug/Poison types are hardly a problem since they usually have bad spdef and take significant dmg from stab move regardless of their 1/4 resistance. Besides Wurmple, Weedle, Silcoon, Kakuna and Cascoon, Poison types don't learn Poison Sting. They have also no way to heal themselves. Megadrain destroys all water types in BM. As for Grass, Bug and Poison Types, they take tons of damage from Leech Seed. Basically, Sunkern seems to have no real counter.

Some would think that Sunkern can't sweep because Wurmple, Weedle, Silcoon, Kakuna and Cascoon can kill it at any time. However, killing Sunkern is not that simple. Grass Whistle gives crazy momentum and allows it to heal back up with Ingrain/Leech Seed. Killing becomes nearly impossible when that happens. A missed Grass Whistle can somehow help, but never underestimate the power of 55% accurancy.

For these reasons, the BM Tier Council considers Sunkern too much for BM and has decided to ban it.

Movesets:

Items: Miracle Seed

EV's: 32 spatk (for tons of damage)

Mega Drain

Leech Seed

Grass Whistle

Ingrain

(but seriously, every set, like a Growth set, can work here)

Calcs:

Couldn't find Mega Drain on Showdown, so used Smogon, level of Pokemon is 15:

32 SpA Miracle Seed Sunkern Mega Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magikarp: 30-36 (85.7% - 102.9%)

with Life Ball: 32-38 (91.4% - 108.6%)

with Special Choiceband: 32-42 (91.4% - 120%)

32 SpA Miracle Seed Sunkern Mega Drain vs. 32 HP Silcoon 6-8 (13.3% - 17.8%)

We see here that Sunkern has a slight chance to OHKO a Magikarp and also does substantial damage to a possible 'counter'.

-thanks myself for the write-up

Edit: Pageking

Edited by Gruul
5 hours ago, SamuraiHunter said:

Doesn't banning sunkurn go against the very reason this tier was made?

Nah... this tier is designed to make things like magikarp and caterpie somewhat viable.  They only learn like 2 moves so sunkern, even though it has the lowest basestat in the game, gets access to a way better movepool than anything else. 

On the flip side im thinking about expanding the tier with other uber's BM mons.  Ones that didnt make the cut for matching up with caterpie, also ones that might have a little bit more BST. 

Another thing, I will be taking down notes of what mons people are using to get some of the first usage percentages. 

5 hours ago, Xatu said:

Nah... this tier is designed to make things like magikarp and caterpie somewhat viable.  They only learn like 2 moves so sunkern, even though it has the lowest basestat in the game, gets access to a way better movepool than anything else. 

On the flip side im thinking about expanding the tier with other uber's BM mons.  Ones that didnt make the cut for matching up with caterpie, also ones that might have a little bit more BST. 

Another thing, I will be taking down notes of what mons people are using to get some of the first usage percentages. 

I wonder. Why are Caterpie and Magikarp the chosen ones? 

4 hours ago, lamerb said:

Because the person thought about making this tier for years, only to come to this idea.

Btw I'm creating a new tier called P.I.M.Ptm, Pokemon In Many Places, it's supposed to give the pokemon who are located in more than 5 locations more usage since they need it even though they're complete and utter shit.

Edited by Spaintakula
15 hours ago, SamuraiHunter said:

Why aren't pidgey, zubat, mankey, or jiggly allowed? Or tentacool

Too high of BST to properly compete w/ caterpie/magikarp.  They would be legit for the proposed ubers tho.

Some of the lowest BST in the game.

Edited by Xatu
2 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Too high of BST to properly compete w/ caterpie/magikarp.  They would be legit for the proposed ubers tho.

Some of the lowest BST in the game.

Smeargle has pretty low BST as well and would lose to caterpie or magikarp.

18 minutes ago, lamerb said:

Smeargle has pretty low BST as well and would lose to caterpie or magikarp.

Nah, Spore + Bdrum + Espeed is kind of broken. Only thing that can "stop" the sweep is if Tyrogue continues to fake out by switching in and out repeatedly or if Smeargle catches Pichu's static and gets parahaxed. 

EDIT: Or every pokemon can have chesto. 

Edited by NikhilR
Just now, NikhilR said:

Nah, Spore + Bdrum + Espeed is kind of broken. Only thing that can "stop" the sweep is if Tyrogue continues to fake out by switching in and out repeatedly or if Smeargle catches Pichu's static and gets parahaxed.

No, because pokemons are only allowed to have level up moves in this tier. This means that Smeargle can only have sketch kek.

1 minute ago, NikhilR said:

EDIT: Or every pokemon can have chesto. 

correct me if I'm wrong but at lvl 15, smeargle should only have 1 move slot for sketch? maybe 2?

1 minute ago, lamerb said:

No, because pokemons are only allowed to have level up moves in this tier. This means that Smeargle can only have sketch kek.

Just now, Gunthug said:

correct me if I'm wrong but at lvl 15, smeargle should only have 1 move slot for sketch? maybe 2?

Totally forgot that only level up moves can be used. This is will be that one tier I'm never gonna be good at :(