[PSL V] PokeMMO Super League Season 5 - Week 4

4 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Kind of annoying that Gypss has been scheduled to fight three different players now. 

EDIT: Whatever happened to, "draft at your own risk?" 

He won't get a sellback, not that he'd get many credits back anyways since craig went for nothing. It's only wednesday though, I can't resign lion to an activity win on Wednesday when there's the possibility of getting the match played

2 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

He won't get a sellback, not that he'd get many credits back anyways since craig went for nothing. It's only wednesday though, I can't resign lion to an activity win on Wednesday when there's the possibility of getting the match played

Wait, let me go sub out the same spot two different times because I have two "inactive" players. 

EDIT: 

A substitute is someone in the team roster that was not initially in the team’s weekly lineup, but due inactivity the managers makes him ‘substitute’ a player. At any point during the week the manager has the right to substitute a player. However, managers make sure your lineup for next week is going to be active. Reckless substituting will result in punishments.

Needless to say in the event of a substitute, the substituted player will have to make extra effort in order to get the match played.
Edited by DoubleJ
1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

Wait, let me go sub out the same spot two different times because I have two "inactive" players. 

This pretty clearly would go against your best interest, since managers presumably start their best players every week and only sub out of necessity. Not sure what you'd gain by doing this but by all means, farm those likes

1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

This pretty clearly would go against your best interest, since managers presumably start their best players every week and only sub out of necessity. Not sure what you'd gain by doing this but by all means, farm those likes

Please see my edit above

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

Please see my edit above

First, that's an outdated rule. Second, reckless subbing would be what you threatened to do, not what Lion is doing.

edit:

Managers will be free to make complex substitutions (involving shifting around players in tiers) up until Tuesday of each week, provided that no matches have been scheduled within 24 hours of the substitution (for the players who are affected by the sub). After Tuesday of each week, substitutions will be strictly on an emergency basis - ie: one or both of the battlers cannot play and it's the only way to avoid an activity win.

Edited by Gunthug
3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Managers will be free to make complex substitutions (involving shifting around players in tiers) up until Tuesday of each week, provided that no matches have been scheduled within 24 hours of the substitution (for the players who are affected by the sub). After Tuesday of each week, substitutions will be strictly on an emergency basis - ie: one or both of the battlers cannot play and it's the only way to avoid an activity win.

But craig can clearly play, he's just refusing to because I can only imagine is because Lion drafted him in order to bench him for the entire season. Now that he needs craig, craig is just repaying the favor of lion being an asshole. 

The manager should not be bailed out in this situation. 

EDIT: Lion recklessly substituted one inactive player with a player that may or may not play. Reckless. Why not just put natalia in at the first sub option. 

Edited by DoubleJ
6 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

But craig can clearly play, he's just refusing to because I can only imagine is because Lion drafted him in order to bench him for the entire season. Now that he needs craig, craig is just repaying the favor of lion being an asshole. 

The manager should not be bailed out in this situation. 

EDIT: Lion recklessly substituted one inactive player with a player that may or may not play. Reckless. Why not just put natalia in at the first sub option. 

Youre ignoring the second half of that last sentence, which is "the sub is the only way to avoid an activity win." Presumably craig wouldn't have responded or scheduled a match, so the activity win would have been the result. Yeah it was a stupid move for lion to draft craig but he threw credits away in the process. When craig signed up he knew he could be drafted by any of the managers, including lion, so that's the risk he took. "Repaying the favor" is fucking unacceptable and the only person who really gets punished is me, the host. Here's his bullshit "i quit" message to lion

11a88a7ea65b2bc406071be026f4b4af.png

Edited by Gunthug
1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

Youre ignoring the second half of that last sentence, which is "the sub is the only way to avoid an activity win." Presumably craig wouldn't have responded or scheduled a match, so the activity win would have been the result. Yeah it was a stupid move for lion to draft craig but he threw credits away in the process. When craig signed up he knew he could be drafted by any of the managers, including lion, so that's the risk he took. "Repaying the favor" is fucking unacceptable and the only person who really gets punished is me, the host. Here's his bullshit "i quit" message to lion

11a88a7ea65b2bc406071be026f4b4af.png

That activate windows thing is bugging me.

Regardless, Lion drafted an inactive player in Ryun, likely submitted his weekly roster to you at the last minute, if at all, realized Ryun didn't play last week and requested a sub. This sub refused to play for lion (lion's fault imo). And now Gypss has to teambuild against his third opponent of the week, in as little as three days. It seems like the manager is being given the benefit of the doubt one too many times here. 

Both Lion and Craig are my good friends but if I am honest, it must feel shit to sign up to PSL and then once purchased be told "Your benched for the whole season". I think I would probably lose motivation to play for my team after that and I would certainly feel resentful. I'm not saying Lion did do this but I dont think it's right to spitefully buy a player with the intention to make them feel like shit. 

Just now, Noad said:

Both Lion and Craig are my good friends but if I am honest, it must feel shit to sign up to PSL and then once purchased be told "Your benched for the whole season". I think I would probably lose motivation to play for my team after that and I would certainly feel resentful. I'm not saying Lion did do this but I dont think it's right to spitefully buy a player with the intention to make them feel like shit. 

I'm not disputing that, but 1. lion clearly wasn't being 100% serious because look, it's week 4 and craig was being called on to play. and 2. lion is being punished for that poor decision already, but punishing him further by denying a substitution on wednesday would be ludicrous. Was craig good enough to start anyways? Would he have been drafted if lion hadn't drafted him? The answer to me is no for both questions, so I have very little sympathy for him

1 minute ago, Noad said:

It's completely arbitrary what players "deserve to be benched" and what players don't. This is a decision a manager has to make and doing bad decision regarding this will result in team not being successful. I have no comment on whether it is a right decision to keep Craig in the sideline but manager is the one who makes the decision regarding that and the player must respect that.

Just now, OrangeManiac said:

It's completely arbitrary what players "deserve to be benched" and what players don't. This is a decision a manager has to make and doing bad decision regarding this will result in team not being successful. I have no comment on whether it is a right decision to keep Craig in the sideline but manager is the one who makes the decision regarding that and the player must respect that.

And in this, the manager also has to assume the risk of drafting players that may refuse to play for them, regardless how shitty that is. Should we bail the manager out then? Apparently we do, per gunthug. 

13 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Regardless, Lion drafted an inactive player in Ryun, likely submitted his weekly roster to you at the last minute, if at all, realized Ryun didn't play last week and requested a sub. This sub refused to play for lion (lion's fault imo). And now Gypss has to teambuild against his third opponent of the week, in as little as three days. It seems like the manager is being given the benefit of the doubt one too many times here. 

you can't possibly blame Lion more than the player being inactive. Not just the manager that has a responsibility.

1 minute ago, BlackJovi said:

But is buying someone with the sole purpose of benching him something nice? 

4 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

I'm not disputing that, but 1. lion clearly wasn't being 100% serious because look, it's week 4 and craig was being called on to play.