[PSL V] PokeMMO Super League Season 5 - Week 4

18 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen4ou-389600869

edit: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-389600869

I won, gg, sorry for the fire blast/hydro misses but i think i had a pretty easy path to a win regardless.

Pretty hard to say who would have won, Jhow was in a good position from what I saw, but yeah the hax was pretty savage against him, letting the jirachi setting-up

2 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

Pretty hard to say who would have won, Jhow was in a good position from what I saw, but yeah the hax was pretty savage against him, letting the jirachi setting-up

252 SpA Choice Specs Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 212+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 246-290 (60.8 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

thats the biggest reason why I wasn't too worried. Yeah I coulda gotten para'd but he also coulda missed a hydro pump v. ttar, nape, or zapdos. After starmie was gone, zapdos clicks tbolt 4x and wins
2 minutes ago, Gunthug said:
252 SpA Choice Specs Starmie Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 212+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 246-290 (60.8 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

thats the biggest reason why I wasn't too worried. Yeah I coulda gotten para'd but he also coulda missed a hydro pump v. ttar, nape, or zapdos. After starmie was gone, zapdos clicks tbolt 4x and wins

Yeah but remember that some things were full life before that jirachi swept. You don't know the sets and you can't really admit that zapdos x4 tbolt was gg. An example was Jirachi, it isn't OHKO'd by tbolt and if it managed to para the zapdos (body slam or twave), zapdos couldn't sweep anything after this.

4 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

Yeah but remember that some things were full life before that jirachi swept. You don't know the sets and you can't really admit that zapdos x4 tbolt was gg. An example was Jirachi, it isn't OHKO'd by tbolt and if it managed to para the zapdos (body slam or twave), zapdos couldn't sweep anything after this.

Yeah true, there was a lot of game left. I certainly didn't HAVE to just mash tbolt at that point, i woulda still had a full health infernape to deal with jirachi too which he didn't really have a switch for. But yeah always hate to see fire blast missing like that, although on a bulky heatran that's why I usually run flamethrower/lava plume, to avoid a situation like that. (though it did have enough speed to outrun 262 speed rachi so perhaps not a ton of bulk)

also I got super greedy going for the calm mind when I shoulda just HP grounded right away - woulda put heatran in specs zap KO range too

2 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

Can we have BO3 for DPP OU? One match to decide everything is dumb and DPP is fast paced and generally more exciting so it's not going to be a pain to spectate unlike PokeMMO OU / UU. 

I've wanted to go BO3 for showdown tiers since week 1 but that's not really something I can change midseason. Next season, it's almost guarunteed

Edited by Gunthug