Filter pokedex Never Used (NU)

jhonathanvcc

Question

hello, I created this topic to say that you should filter the Pokemons NU (NeverUsed) in pokedex, it is a mess, should be on the list only Pokemon that can be used in battle, there are many Pokemon in the NU list pokedex that are not pokemons 'Competitive', for example: 

BULBASAUR, IVYSAUR , CHARMANDER , RATATA , WEEDLE , CATERPIE , NIDORAM, ZUBAT , MANKEY , GROWLITHE , and many others ....

as I believe you will not do it, I even did the Pokemon Never Used list to make life easier for you and to help all.

Pokémons Never Used PokeMMO

PIDGEOT ,RATICATE , FEAROW , ARBOK , RAICHU , SANDSLASH , NIDOQUEEN , WYGGLYTUFF , PARASECT , VENOMOTH , DIGLET, PERSIAN ,

GOLDUCK ,PRIMEAP , POLIWRATH , KADABRA , MACHOKE , VICTREEBEL , GOLEM , RAPIDASH , FARFETCH'D , DEWGONG , MUK , HYPNO

KINGLER , ELECTRODE , HITMONCHAN , LICKITUNG , TANGELA, SEADRA , MR.MIME , SCYTHER , JYNX , MAGMAR , PINSIR 

FLAREON , KABUTOPS , DRAGONAIR , NOCTOWL , ARIADOS , TOGETIC , XATU , BELLOSSOM , SUDOWOODO , POLITEOD, JUMPLUFF

YANMA , MURKROW , MISDREAVOUS , GIRAFARIG , DUNSPANCE , GRANBULL , SHUCKLE , MAGCARGO, PILOSWINE ,OCTILLERY, MANTINE 

STANTLER , SMEARGLE , MIGHTYENA , SHIFTRY, PELIPPER , VIGOROTH , NINJASK , SHEDINJA , EXPLOUD , NOSEPASS , SABLEYE

MAWILE , AGGRON , ROSELIA , SWALOT , SHARPEDO , WAILORD , CAMERUPT ,TORKOAL GRUMPIG ,TRAPINCH ,CACTURN

SEVIPER , LUNATONE , SOLROCK ,WISHCASH , CLAYDOL ,KECLEON , BANETTE , TROPIUS , WYNAUT , GLALIE , WALREIN 

HUNTAIL , GOREBYSS , RELICANTH , SHELGON , METANG.

(94 NU Competitive ) 

seems a lot, but now has 94, 280 had before, if it already is a bit confusing, imagine how it was before.

Thank you for your attention, and I hope that this problem is resolved.

Edited by jhonathanvcc

21 answers to this question

I don't know whether you have read my response to you in your previous topic, but should you have missed it I will post it here:

This has been discussed both on the forums and among the staff. 

I do not want to do this (at least in this way).

I would like the representation of each tier to fully include every species within it.

What you're after - and what I would like to do, is have a usage list available in game for each tier (With a win/loss ratio).

Here it would only display species that had been used in that particular tier within a set period of time. (i.e the 'useful' stuff) 

The reason I don't wish to filter the base list itself is because I believe it should be fully open to those who wish to experiment with species within the tiers should be fully informed to be able to do so - no matter how naive that may or may not be.

We should not dictate what is considered useful in a tier and only display those species in the base list itself, that is for the tier usage (and in turn the players) to determine themselves.

Displaying usage alongside a full tier list would solve this.

26 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

I don't know whether you have read my response to you in your previous topic, but should you have missed it I will post it here:

a filter does not prevent people from using what is below the list, and it would help a lot because we could get a better sense of really useful pokes in tier NU and and analyze best in order to create good strategies. (sorry for the English mistakes, I'm using google translator)

26 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

there are some Pokémon that under no circumstances be used , and many

Just now, jhonathanvcc said:

a filter does not prevent people from using what is below the list, and it would help a lot because we could get a better sense of really useful pokes in tier NU and and analyze best in order to create good strategies. (sorry for the English mistakes, I'm using google translator)

Ok, I understand to you it may seem obvious what pokemon is "usable in battle" vs "unusable" however this is purely a subjective thing and you never know what pokemon may end up being used by others,

I will use Grovyle as an example, it has respectable stats that could possibly allow it to be used in Never Used if played correctly and as a meta game adapts new niche tactics can emerge

For instance if you had tried to predict that Trapinch would jump from NU --> OU in less than a month before it happened you would have been called crazy but it happened, so we should never dismiss ANYTHING as "Unusable"

The only way I could see something like this happening is if we got another tier and filtered things out even more such as PU or RU however I don't know if that is likely or not since at that point the tier lists would be quite small

1 minute ago, Matoka said:

I will use Grovyle as an example, it has respectable stats that could possibly allow it to be used in Never Used if played correctly and as a meta game adapts new niche tactics can emerge

One thing is Grovyle,another thing is treecko.I think he meant pokes that are 1st evolution like treecko.He didn't mean 2nd evolution pokes.Metang is used in NU lol

Edited by Kouteshi
3 minutes ago, Kouteshi said:

One thing is Grovyle,another thing is treecko.I think he meant pokes that are 1st evolution like treecko.He didn't mean 1st pokes.Metang is used in NU lol

Why do we need to have a clear cut divide, there are some first form Pokemon that are entirely usable for different reasons

I can use Trapinch again as an example, its Ability and Stat distributions aswell as its type are entirely different from Vibrava, they are both from the same family yet have different reasons to use them

I don't support this suggestion because it is inherently close minded about what "can" and "cannot" be used on a competitive level and I enjoy experimenting with gimmicks and fun strats

Also this new tier list you speak of could only be Little Cup tier list, which would overlap with Never used quite likely, so that wouldn't fix the issue.

Edited by Matoka
1 minute ago, Matoka said:

Why do we need to have a clear cut divide, there are some first form Pokemon that are entirely usable for different reasons

I can use Trapinch again as an example, its Ability and Stat distributions aswell as its type are entirely different from Vibrava, they are both from the same family yet have different reasons to use them

I don't support this suggestion because it is inherently close minded about what "can" and "cannot" be used on a competitive level and I enjoy experimenting with gimmicks and fun strats

Also this new tier list you speak of could only be Little Cup tier list, which would overlap with Never used quite likely, so that wouldn't fix the issue.

Trapinch is probably the only one that is a 1st evolution poke that's used in NU.I don't see any other pokemon usable in NU as 1st usable.

My brain tells me that a non evolved pokemon tier should be made.Or this thread idea.Something must be done.

4 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Ok, I understand to you it may seem obvious what pokemon is "usable in battle" vs "unusable" however this is purely a subjective thing and you never know what pokemon may end up being used by others,

For instance if you had tried to predict that Trapinch would jump from NU --> OU in less than a month before it happened you would have been called crazy but it happened, so we should never dismiss ANYTHING as "Unusable"

The only way I could see something like this happening is if we got another tier and filtered things out even more such as PU or RU however I don't know if that is likely or not since at that point the tier lists would be quite small

Just now, Matoka said:

I understand you, but that '' filter '', could be changed if if we see that some pokemon has the potential to be used, I do not see any problem with that other tiers' 'OU / UU' '', are always changed.

3 minutes ago, Kouteshi said:

Trapinch is probably the only one that is a 1st evolution poke that's used in NU.I don't see any other pokemon usable in NU as 1st usable.

My brain tells me that a non evolved pokemon tier should be made.Or this thread idea.Something must be done.

It doesn't matter what you think or what I think, that fact is that new tactics can be thought up for pokemon at any time and we have no reason or need to simply hide them away because we can't think of anything for them currently, Why "Must" something be done to cause this?

What is the main issue currently with keeping them in the NU tier list filter? If you say clutter I argue that it is extremely minor considering there arent that many pokemon in the tier

I've said my points, I just don't think this is needed and tbh I don't want it in the game.

Edited by Matoka
2 minutes ago, Matoka said:

It doesn't matter what you think or what I think, that fact is that new tactics can be thought up for pokemon at any time and we have no reason or need to simply hide them away because we can't think of anything for them currently, Why "Must" something be done to cause this?

What is the main issue currently with keeping them in the NU tier list filter? If you say clutter I argue that it is extremely minor considering there arent that many pokemon in the tier

there are 280 Pokemon in the NU list, I guarantee to you that at least half that have never been used in a serious game, by any person , the main goal is not to say what should or should not be used, but to show people what it is more ultilizado this tier, and have a better organization

1 minute ago, Kouteshi said:

Then why are you posting?

Nice out of context quote.

I was referring to the fact that it doesn't matter what someone "thinks" about how useful a pokemon is, the fact is that even if you consider a pokemon to be "bad" they could still win a match vs. you, so personal opinions don't matter when assessing how useful a pokemon. 

1 hour ago, Matoka said:

I've said my points, I just don't think this is needed and tbh I don't want it in the game.

We are not hiding them we just need a more simple NU list tier.I mean having a new tier of 1st evolution is a lot better.U can still use them in NU tho.

EDIT:Sorry for double post

Edited by Kouteshi
4 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Nice out of context quote.

I was referring to the fact that it doesn't matter what someone "thinks" about how useful a pokemon is, the fact is that even if you consider a pokemon to be "bad" they could still win a match vs. you, so personal opinions don't matter when assessing how useful a pokemon. 

I was not saying what i think about how useful a pokemon is,the only thing i said is that u don't see a pidgey in a NU battle.Only in troll/fail battle (by fail i mean swap out a pidgey instead of a comp pokemon without wanting too)
I didn't consider the pokemons bad all i said is that they need a own tier of 1st evolved pokes so the NU tier list is more organized and easier for players.

14 minutes ago, Matoka said:

how good or bad is a pokemon is questionable, you are right, but has many Pokemon that the possibility of use is zero, you ever seen someone use a Caterpie in a official tournament?
this is not questionable , it's a truth.
the day I see a Caterpie win a tournament,  I change opinion

17 minutes ago, jhonathanvcc said:

the day I see a Caterpie win a tournament,  I change opinion

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!

Spoiler

jk

Spoiler

maybe

Imo, whether we like it or not, Pidgey and Caterpie are NU. There is no lower tier than NU, so we can't really kick them out because they visually annoy us. And the fact that they visually annoy us is not a reason to create a tier for them lol. A lower tier should only be added if there is a demand for that tier and, given how UU/NU have struggled to get popular in matchmaking, adding a new tier is obviously a bad idea.

I remember during my first PokeMMO days I was playing Venonat instead of Venomoth simply because Venonat had Compound Eyes and I was having fun with my Stun Spore + Disable combo xD. I was naive sure, but like Makota pointed out first evolution pokemon can sometime surprise us. Trapinch and Clamperl are quite different from their respective evolutions. If tomorrow Outrage becomes a 120 base move, I wouldn't be surprise if people start playing Dragonair + Dratini. Circumstances changes and we should not assume something is unviable just because it looks like shit on paper.

What Darkshade proposed is extremely promising and would give us a list of usable NU pokemons. Isn't it what you guys want? A list of usable NU pokemons accessible in game? I am looking forward to that xD

Edited by lamerb
3 minutes ago, lamerb said:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!

Reveal hidden contents

jk

Reveal hidden contents

maybe

Imo, whether we like it or not, Pidgey and Caterpie are NU. There is no lower tier than NU, so we can't really kick them out because they visually annoy us. And the fact that they visually annoy us is not a reason to create a tier for them lol. A lower tier should only be added if there is a demand for that tier and, given how UU/NU have struggle to get popular in matchmaking, adding a new tier is obviously a bad idea.

I remember during my first PokeMMO days I was playing Venonat instead of Venomoth simply because Venonat had Compound Eyes and I was having fun with my Stun Spore + Disable combo xD. I was naive sure, but like Makota pointed out first evolution pokemon can sometime surprise us. Trapinch and Clamperl are quite different from their respective evolutions. If tomorrow Outrage becomes a 120 base move, I wouldn't be surprise if people start playing Dragonair + Dratini. Circumstances changes and we should not assume something is unviable just because it looks like shit on paper.

What Darkshade proposed is extremely promising and would give us a list of usable NU pokemons. Isn't it what you guys want? A list of usable NU pokemons accessible in game? I am looking forward to that xD

any subject that we talk, have contrary opinions, but you must decide what it is done in the game with the people to have a more pleasing result and acceptable to people.
I believe most people would like a filter in the Pokedex NU , could have a vote to decide what it is best for everyone.I just created this topic to try to help solve this problem and see what people think the subject matter.
if you help most people the game will have a much better progress.
I'm not here to argue with anyone,  just want a solution to this problem, and that which is done is best for all.
a list of Pokémon ultilizaveis NU as you said, I think it would be good

8 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

I imagine a system where each Pokemon had a small box in the corner of their portrait which you could tick, then using a 'filter' button we could filter all the ticked Pokemon could be a good idea.

This solves the problem of the game deciding what are useful Pokemon and instead letting the players decide.

also is a good idea to solve the problem

All this troubles would be solved if u implement LC :V

aka, a tour mode with only first pre-evos (and some bans) that auto turn all ur pokes into lvl 5 ones. (OR JUST TAKE UR MONEY WITH VITAMINS AND AMNESIA BRACES), also another filter in dex should be good... and ofc the original idea of a usage list its good too, but so much peopel are afraind to start NU due the huge list of pokes at the list, and the usage isnt enough to say if a poke is comp or not, the BL is an example for OU, they are showed as OU instead BL.

I hope u understand me