MMA/UFC Discussion

Parke

3 hours ago, Linfanz said:

Well the ending was crazy to say the least. Not that I'm really surprised either.

Rematch already being scheduled. Hopefully it'll go down the same as Conor vs Diaz. Lost the first fight, realized he needs to train his ass off and commit and bam. Imo Khabib is a bad winner. Would have been an incredible win for him if he didn't jump over the octagon and behaved like a gorilla. The fight was like a highschool wrestling match to say the least. On top of that both him and Conor's paychecks for the match are being held back cuz of the shit that went down.

Edited by Goku
1 minute ago, Goku said:

Rematch already being scheduled. Hopefully it'll go down the same as Conor vs Diaz.

It will be interesting to see what happens next, of course We'll have to see what sanctions the NSAC decide to lay down on Khabib that could even potentially result in Khabib being stripped, thus changing the title landscape completely (potentially for Ferguson). Many can even argue that a rematch whilst sure it will still draw plenty and well the UFC is a business, isn't even necessary, this was by no means a close fight. It was a one-sided fight with no dispute as to who won. 

5 minutes ago, Goku said:

Would have been an incredible win for him if he didn't jump over the octagon and behaved like a gorilla.

He wanted to make a statement, he took all the 'trash-talk' much more seriously than most other fighters, I'm pretty sure it was their intentions to do so ever since the altercation in Brooklyn.

6 minutes ago, Goku said:

On top of that both him and Conor's paychecks for the match are being held back cuz of the shit that went down

The NSAC has released Conor's pay check, (he's done nothing wrong here in the eyes of the commission), it's more the outcome regarding the commission and Khabib that will most likely dictate what happens next. All in all, it's been a crazy couple weeks in the MMA world.

15 hours ago, Parke said:

I hope for the love of christ they dont rematch, Khabib mauled Conor, that wont change with a rematch, Khabib's ground game is miles and miles better than Nates. Literally not comparable haha

I feel like Conor could win a rematch. Conor basically lost when he took that over hand to the face since it took a lot to recover, especially because that lead to the take down beating(game over at this point).

He needs to get a good first 2 rounds in which he basically always does every fight - except against Khabib. If he can get some good hits on him(or just KO), it can setup to be a win. I'm surprised conor even lasted almost to the end considering how badly he got beat early on, but that can be avoided... and if he does that, he can win imo.

I think Khabib's take downs were alright, but conor defended them fairly well imo. Honestly, Khabib only took him down and did damage to him twice, and the first was because of the overhand which conor fucked up on, and the other was last round when he was exhausted.

Edited by KaynineXL
1 minute ago, shervinz said:

I think Conor has to go back to his super aggressive mode to beat khabib instead of trying to last 5 rounds. Its his only way

I doubt it. Khabib is well aware then all he has to do is make it out the first 2 rounds and then wait for Conor's gas tank to run out, if anything Conor needs to sort out his conditioning (the style Khabib uses is draining on opponents) and get more used to working off his back since even in a rematch, Conor being taken down is pretty much inevitable.