BP for PP

jsdan000

Question

10 answers to this question

the main argument is that it would defeat the purpose of mystery boxes.  which is where the pp ups are obtained.  in the very east it might drive down the price of them making the boxes less lucrative when you roll a good drop. 

My opinion:  Leave it how it is. 

3 minutes ago, Xatu said:

the main argument is that it would defeat the purpose of mystery boxes.  which is where the pp ups are obtained.  in the very east it might drive down the price of them making the boxes less lucrative when you roll a good drop. 

My opinion:  Leave it how it is. 

That is not the main argument, we do not care for PP Ups/Maxes in Mystery Boxes as they are not a reliable method of obtaining them.

We just have other things planned for them outside of shoving everything into BP.

47 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

You obviously don't play comp.

Except i do play comp Id just rather use my BP on choice items etc.  I dont see how my opinion makes me "obviously not play comp".  This whole game is comp.  What if i went to a post you made about your opinion and said "you obviously dont play comp" simply because your opinion is not mine.  Grow up m8. Also put some context in your post instead of just saying mean spirited garbage.

46 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

That is not the main argument, we do not care for PP Ups/Maxes in Mystery Boxes as they are not a reliable method of obtaining them.

We just have other things planned for them outside of shoving everything into BP.

Well im assuming you're referencing dungeons as lifestyle said.  So lets say theres a dungeon right?  When you complete the dungeon/boss you might get a drop.  This drop would pretty much be just as random as a mystery box and certainly would not be a "reliable" method of obtaining one.  If you instead dont make the drops random and give static prizes then that encourages alt-running as well as makes the game less fun. 

The only way to make it "reliable" is to have a vendor with BP or RP which in turn will pretty much set a cap to the value of ppups.  That paired with the competitive market will drive the price down for pp ups and pp maxes, thus making boxes less worth it and people will buy them less considering 2 of the best prizes out of them now have their value considerably reduced. 

4 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Except i do play comp Id just rather use my BP on choice items etc.  I dont see how my opinion makes me "obviously not play comp".  This whole game is comp.  What if i went to a post you made about your opinion and said "you obviously dont play comp" simply because your opinion is not mine.  Grow up m8. Also put some context in your post instead of just saying mean spirited garbage.

You expect comp players to spam Mystery Boxes to obtain the oh so important PP up/max, are you deluded? If you truly played comp, you'd realise how important they are and how many are needed to compete at your best.

I didn't feel the need to give such a long and constructive reply to you because I thought your post was absolute garbage, and I'm pretty sure most people would agree.

2 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

You expect comp players to spam Mystery Boxes to obtain the oh so important PP up/max, are you deluded? If you truly played comp, you'd realise how important they are and how many are needed to compete at your best.

I didn't feel the need to give such a long and constructive reply to you because I thought your post was absolute garbage, and I'm pretty sure most people would agree.

PP ups dont even matter unless you are having a stall match like chansey v chansey.  in which case you can just buy the pp ups off of the gtl if you need them so bad.  buying them off of the gtl also fuels the economy.  They really arent that important except in niche scenarios.  How does using pp ups make someone "play their best"?  Im pretty sure player skill >>> how much pp you have.

You salteh m8? You literally made a post with no content whatsoever and your calling my post garbage?  Atleast my post actually had to do with the content of this thread while you are just blatantly trash talking.  Once again.  Grow up m8.  You are acting like a 8 year old.

1 hour ago, Xatu said:

PP ups dont even matter unless you are having a stall match like chansey v chansey.  in which case you can just buy the pp ups off of the gtl if you need them so bad.  buying them off of the gtl also fuels the economy.  They really arent that important except in niche scenarios.  How does using pp ups make someone "play their best"?  Im pretty sure player skill >>> how much pp you have.

You salteh m8? You literally made a post with no content whatsoever and your calling my post garbage?  Atleast my post actually had to do with the content of this thread while you are just blatantly trash talking.  Once again.  Grow up m8.  You are acting like a 8 year old.

The day you set up Belly Drum Linoone expecting to sweep 6 pokemons with Extreme Speed and then you realised Extreme Speed only has 5 pp, I hope you will think of that post.

Having the maximum amount of PP on your moves is fundemental for stalling. Don't expect to outstall anyone if you don't have enough PP. As for offense, it is quite important to have a good amount of PP on pivot moves. I don't know how many times I told myself that I need to PP max EQ on my Flygon and everytime I look at the GTL and cry :/