BP Move Tutor Vouchers

Matoka

Question

Currently with Battle Points you can teach moves to Pokemon through Special move tutors, and sometimes people will attempt to effectively "Sell" their Battle Points by teaching someone's Pokemon a certain move for a price, however this is vulnerable to theft and requires trust as the customer must trade their Pokemon to the person offering the service in order to teach the move, without any guarantee of getting it back

Currently every move costs (to my knowledge) a multiple of 5,000 BP, What I propose is that someone can purchase "Vouchers" that can be turned in for a Move Tutor move of that cost and is able to be traded

For instance, I could purchase a 10,000 BP Voucher and trade it to someone who wanted me to teach their Jolteon Growth, they then take their Jolteon to the Special Move Tutor and cash in their Voucher to teach a 10,000 BP costing move.

Potential Pros:

• Allows everything purchasable with Battle Points to be sold directly
  • Eliminates the potential for theft / "scamming"
  • People who do not enjoy battle frontier / matchmaking have an alternative way to teach their Pokemon BP costing moves
  • Provides another method of cash earning without contributing to potential inflation

Potential Cons:

• Potentially difficult to code
  • Allows essentially trading battle points which may not be desired from a game design stand
  • Less reasons for people to use Battle Point providing systems potentially
Edited by Matoka

5 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Kornelio said:

this, or make bp tradeable.

I asked @Darkshade and he told me that devs do not intend to allow us to be able to trade Battle Points themselves in currency form, and instead want us to trade/sell things we purchase with them (Life Ball, Choice Bands, etc).

The idea is good... but now days BP are so easily to get.. i mean, u just need win 5 rankeds to get 20k BP (most part of moves cost 10~15k) u can also run BF with win streak to get ~2100 BP each round...

But yeah it probably would be good, since there are so many lazies. kek

34 minutes ago, Risadex said:

The idea is good... but now days BP are so easily to get.. i mean, u just need win 5 rankeds to get 20k BP (most part of moves cost 10~15k) u can also run BF with win streak to get ~2100 BP each round...

But yeah it probably would be good, since there are so many lazies. kek

Well, not everyone can reliably win Ranked matches. Assuming you can actually win 5 matches in a row, that's still only a profit of 15k due to the fee. You have to remember that it's really only the long-term or competitive players that are on the forums and the other 80% of the playerbase normally isn't able to win Ranked matches or get a long win-streak at the Battle Tower. The devs are less worried about the small amount of competitive players and more worried about attracting and keeping the casual players.