Display Scaling with pokemmo

for many games, display scaling is something you can modify in your settings. for some reason pokemmo does not give you the option to mess with your display setting, and it is controlled by your dpi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dots_per_inch. so if you are using a very high resolution laptop with a relatively small screen, or a large monitor, you may have issues with reading the text. this is a guide on how to fix this.

windows:

windows 7-10

step one, right click on your screen and go to screen resolution. this can also be done by going to Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution. it should look like this

normal_1080.png

step two, change the resolution from your current recommended resolution to the lowest possible option(too make the words bigger) or the highest(too make the words smaller).

slider.png

all_the_way_down.png

then click apply. 

step three. open pokemmo to see how the new settings effect the game. like the changes? keep them. dislike it? change it. you should have plenty of options.

before

hi_res_for_guide.jpg

after

low_res_for_guide.jpg

windows xp
step one. right click on your screen and go to properties, then click on settings.

image.jpg

step two, slide screen resolution to less(for larger text) or more(for smaller text) then click apply.

step three. open pokemmo to see how the new settings effect the game. like the changes? keep them. dislike it? change it. you should have plenty of options.

linux:

ok the easy way is menu > system settings > general > display scaling

Screenshot_from_2016_07_21_23_35_01.png

this is the hard way with command line

https://askubuntu.com/questions/197828/how-to-find-and-change-the-screen-dpi

mac:

install linux cause apple is bad and mac os is based off freebsd (linux)

their are programs that can change your display settings with the touch of a button, but im not covering that here, go google it if you want it. 

im tired off seeing "how do i change my display settings" threads.

I mean this is a solution, although most people don't want to lower their resolution just for pokemmo. I mean this is the only game that doesn't have support for 1920 x 1080. It's the year 2016, where people have 4k tvs and monitors, and this game still can't handle modern resolutions. Downscaling resolutions on a laptop generally doesn't yield very appealing results either, usually makes the screen seem blurry and makes everything generally worse. 

• 5 months later...