UEFA EURO 2016 - Discussion thread

EDIT: Pageking wall of text inc

At the end of the day

Portugal, while playing some extremely negative football, managed to scrape the results they needed. Sure they didnt score a bunch, sure they sat back and invited pressure, sure the tournament being the way it is was kind.

The sheer luck of the Croats beating Spain in the group stage and England flopping played a huge advantage in their side of the bracket being as easy as it was.

At times they rode their luck massively, the penalty shootout vs Poland and Gignacs unfortunate miss today comes to mind

But they also managed to not lose a single game during the entirety of the tournament, they dug deep, played negative football and really used their strengths to their advantage.... and history wont remember the way they played, next week I guarantee most of you wont care how they won (except the frogs, kek). What matters simply is that they played football, they put the ball in the back of the net more times than their opponents and they won.

As a England and Spurs fan I didnt really care for today, sure I would have loved to see Lloris come back with a medal but I wanted a entertaining game of football... I got that

GG Portugal, always nice to see an underdog win something

Edited by DoctorPBC
3 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

dude calm your shit, Ronaldo was on the pitch for 20 minutes and didnt get fouled once. France for the most part played a clean game

You cannot be serious they pushed our players like 20 times o.o we did like 4 fouls while France did 25 o.o

3 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

Completely serious rofl, contact inevitably is part of football and if the Portugese want to dive at every little bit of contact then fair play to them... just dont expect a foul everytime

It's really unexpected to see that reply.Because they even gave a kick to Ronaldo 

1 minute ago, DoctorPBC said:

Dude it was knee to knee contact, hardly deliberate... Payet went for the ball, got it cleanly and there was some accidental afters

Either way gg portugal, pce EU2016 thread

Well...i guess pushing players is 100 % legal now.When i play football again i'l be sure to push all players in game!

Edited by Kouteshi

Meh, maybe they didn't deserve. Who cares? It's like Pokemon, sometimes your opponet has such RNG that no matter how good your plays are, how much you outplay your opponet and how much YOU deserve to win, he's just too lucky.

Regardless, let's be honest. France was playing dirty and the ref was total SHIT. Payet's attack on Ronaldo was like the old time Pepe. I lost 100k because of this match, but I was happy to see Ronaldo triumphing. You might hate him, but the amount of money he gives for children is ludicrous and for that he has my eternal respect and because of this, I'm happy for him, rising this trophy.

E:

Besides, Poland's loss to Portugal is now much less painful, we didn't lose to a noone. We lost to the European Champion

Edited by RysPicz