UEFA EURO 2016 - Discussion thread

12 hours ago, felix said:

On the other hand poland has been playing very well, and if they score first I don't see Portugal getting back to the game.

Remember how Portugal got back to the game 3 times in a row on the same match against Hungary? Me too

Poland 0-2 Portugal

23 minutes ago, Plague said:

I hate flopping/diving more than anything else in any sport.

And? Did this Italy ever do something like that during this cup? Or Italian teams in Champions or Uefa? That only happens in Serie A cause it's rigged, but on international cups Italy isn't cheap at all. 

You can't be serious.

You're not much younger than me so surely you couldn't have forgotten the 2006/2010 world cups already. Unless the displays back then didn't stand out to you at all through those rose-colored glasses.

Edited by Plague
1 minute ago, Plague said:

You can't be serious.

You're not much younger than me so surely you couldn't have forgotten the 2006/2010 world cups already. Unless the displays back then didn't stand out to you at all through those rose-colored glasses.

Materazzi vs Zidane ftw

Also I just read that English federation considers hiring Benitez on place of Hodgson.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAH they really wanna kill this national team

40 minutes ago, Plague said:

You can't be serious.

Ehhh? In 2006 the only really advantage i can remember from a possible ref mistake was against Australia when Italy won thanks to penalty. If you talk about Zidane red card, that was just deserved. Any player should not do anything like that, much less an expert like him in a final of a world cup (De Rossi Red card in the second match, with the 5 matches dq was justified by the fact that the audience should not spectate to violent acts during a world league...so yeah, as much as Materazzi could have been a piece of shit Zidane deserved the red card ). And if you are talking about players wasting time once they are winning by staying down, welcome to any single match, every team does it, beeing it from Italy, Spain or Germany

In 2010 we got out last in our group with 0 wins, no idea what you are talking about, and we just played like shit

Wanna talk about something? Let's talk about how Italy got fucked by the ref against Korea in 2002, was it? Or against Crunching Suarez?

1 hour ago, RysPicz said:

Materazzi vs Zidane ftw

Also I just read that English federation considers hiring Benitez on place of Hodgson.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAH they really wanna kill this national team

Benitez? lmfao 

brexit must have really affected them 

9 hours ago, Plague said:

Just please let Portugal and Italy get knocked out so there are only likeable teams left in the tournament for once.

Yeah sure, Italy played a beautiful game against Spain and won easily against Belgium but I guess they aren't a likeable team. Portugal even with the rough start due to all the failed oppurtunities managed to play better and knocked down Croatia which was considered one of the best team but they aren't likeable....On the other side, France which is playing really poorly and always manage to win somehow is ok and cool, sure.

1 hour ago, bearminator said:

I went through our predictions, and so far:

Poland 5 - 4 Portugal  (LifeStyle only talked about that one match, and Felix suggested draw, so I didn't counted Felix and couted LS instead. )
Wales 0 - 9 Belgium
Germany 4 - 5 Italy
France 9 - 0 Iceland

(One point is for one person betting on a team, not for amount of goals)

Wales - Belgium and France - Iceland or both still being close though. Not going to be a walk over (3-0 or more)