More PvE content

Kailido

Question

So i know a lot of people are speculating over the addition of Dungeons to the game, like the one from the Xmas event but since  no one has confirmed that and the game needs more than that i'm gonna give my suggestions.

First things first, why more PvE content?

- Well, the only reason you'd ask something like this is if you're a PvP player only. The PvE content after beating the story is basically non existent. Berry farming? Grind. NPC rebattling? Grind. Battle Frontier? Kinda of a grind too.

- The devs have showed us that it is easy enough to please the PvP players, because they can add items as they want and it will shift the meta a little bit and give PvPers a somewhat new experience. It is different for PvE because: 1- It requires more work. 2- Some ideas might have no good way of being implemented. This is probably the reason why we are not seeing more PvE content with each update

- I play PvP but i get bored of it real quickly, I'm more of a PvE player, and I'm not one of those that wants to grind endlessly. I've wasted too much time farming island NPCs for a couple of braces. This is the reason I haven't logged in for like more than a week, and I used to play this daily.

"Yeah that's cute, but what do you want to suggest?"

Well a couple of things, and on top of giving ideas i'll also give hints on how to actually give players a reason to play the game after beating it

I'm gonna talk about it as if all of these were to happen

1- Dungeons: Everyone is talking about this and so will I. Great idea, great potencial, but can turn out to be real crappy if we don't get a reason to do them. The game should have about the same amount of dungeons as the amount of legendaries. The last part of each dungeon should be a fight against a legendary pokemon that you can actually catch and have it, but not forever. You will only have that legendary for a week, then it goes away, and you have to redo the dungeon to catch it again. Now, when you catch a legendary you can't catch any other legendary from other dungeons. You can complete the dungeons, but you can't catch them. You can only catch another legendary when the one you have leaves you after a week from catching.

"OK, but how will that make players do more that 1 dungeon a week?" Weekly quests. Every dungeon should have one, with the same refresh time, or maybe different to have players logging in more times per week. Those weekly quests should replace the NPC grinding. It should award you like 50k/100k each quest (depends on the number of quests and dungeons), and because of that NPC payouts should be revised. Also each dungeon should take almost 1 hour to complete, so make them tough and interactive

2- World events: Events that don't require a mod to manage them. Like, have a mewtwo in steroids spawn in the middle of a town, and have players fight him, not for the catch (make him impossible to catch) but for the prize, make him drop an item, and maybe a few coins. Also make the "boss" only have a certain amount of lives, so if i'm the first one to beat him, he'll have 1 less life, and so forth for everyone that beats him. Of course you can't beat him more than once per spawn. This is just an example, the range of possibilities is huge here. Like one NPC that gives you a quest to battle 5 NPCs at a specific location. Even if you don't do the event on time you'll still get a bit of cash from the NPCs, so it's not a total loss.

3- Rest of Battle Frontier and other PvE content. I'm happy that contests are coming, I really liked to play them, but stuff like trick house and other places in BF need to open at some point

Edited by Kailido

10 answers to this question

I like your input, like the idea that the legendaries aren't kept forever, but still for a long enough amount of time to show them, although it might be planned to implement comp gift Legendaries in favour of PvP-focused players...

Would also like to see more PvE content and possibly events

Definitely a greeeeat idea.

I can add to the list some Community world event that I thought about, something like :

Ad in the chat : [One legendary pokemon] just appeared in [Town] for [Duration] ! Lets fight him !

Then, all players can go the the Town, and battle the legendary. Cant catch it, just kill it (it can have cheated stats to make this hard).

Then, at the end of the duration, people who beat him win a reward, or not. Depending on how many times the legendary got beaten.

Edited by Raederz

First off, You will be asked to remove your Title-System idea from this thread and put it into a separate thread by a mod as you are only allowed one suggestion per thread in order to avoid cluttering, now onto your main thread point:

I believe the next update has been mentioned to include PvE content which was mentioned by either one of the head devs

I may be wrong about that, however there have been at least two PvE type content features planned for the game for a while:

• Pokemon Contests (Which includes the addition of Milotic)
  • Pokemon Dungeons which I believe are confirmed to be methods of permanently distributing Legendary Pokemon or other goodies

PvE content is on the way my friend, patience is the key.

Trick House and other Battle Frontier facilities are highly likely to be planned to be implemented at some time in the future but were deemed lower priority and postponed for now.

Your idea for world events is a little confusing, it wouldn't make much sense for a powerful opponent to just randomly appear in towns and fight people without context, assuming you meant some kind of legendary pokemon it doesn't seem rational

A quest system I wouldn't call a world event and should probably deserve its own thread, however I feel like it would be very difficult to implement a questing system that is actually useful while remaining balanced as currently there is nothing stopping you from going out and making cash yourself through various ways

PvE content is certainly on the way, we'll just have to be patient.

Edited by Matoka

There is a lot of "legendary set", Rayquaza and Mewtwo are both the main legendaries of their maps. They have the same system.

This probably has no contexte, but it can be cool that one set like, birds one, or dogs one, or another, has a system like the one is described in "world event"

Just now, Matoka said:

I believe the next update has been mentioned to include PvE content which was mentioned by either one of the head devs

I may be wrong about that, however there have been at least two PvE type content features planned for the game for a while:

• Pokemon Contests (Which includes the addition of Milotic)
  • Pokemon Dungeons which I believe are confirmed to be methods of permanently distributing Legendary Pokemon or other goodies

It was never publicly announced, so it's not my fault for not knowing, but it is still good input from my part to tell what i'd like to see

Also they never said how it will work and what it actually gives you along with legendaries. If their only porpuse is to give legendaries it will be pointless hours of work for something so trivial and dispendable to have in the game. So voicing my opinion that it should give cash and maybe have refreshable quests is still a good suggestion

Just now, Matoka said:

Your idea for world events is a little confusing, it wouldn't make much sense for a powerful opponent to just randomly appear in towns and fight people without context, assuming you meant some kind of legendary pokemon it doesn't seem rational

A quest system I wouldn't call a world event and should probably deserve its own thread, however I feel like it would be very difficult to implement a questing system that is actually useful while remaining balanced as currently there is nothing stopping you from going out and making cash yourself through various ways

How is it confusing? A "boss" or a NPC spawns somewhere and you have to do what is required to get a prize. You're probably the one confusing yourself. If you're worried that spawning Rayquaza in the middle of Viridian (for example) would be a totally random encounter, you're too much of a roleplayer.

System message: "Rayquaza has gone into a frenzy and started attacking Viridian City. Help defend it"

Done

There is no stopping me to farm money elsewhere but did you read my full suggestion? I suggested NPC payouts to be revised if they do add these kind of ways to get cash. You're worried about balance when i actually covered it in my suggestion. IMO you're just throwing nonsense at a perfectly acceptable suggestion. Also if i were to suggest every single detail in a different topic i would fill the entire first page of this section real quick.

Also, questing system is not impossible to implement, they had a similar system on the North Pole event, you had to collect items and turn them in. It's not how hard it is to implement. it is what's the best way to do so.

Just now, Matoka said:

First off, You will be asked to remove your Title-System idea from this thread and put it into a separate thread by a mod as you are only allowed one suggestion per thread in order to avoid cluttering

Maybe, but for now it's ok because it is secondary imo

Edited by Kailido
2 hours ago, Kailido said:

Its not okay because your other suggestion is secondary, there are no conditionals to rules, its not that hard to make a separate thread and edit yours, please follow forum rules when using their respective sub-forum

Everything I was unsure of or unable to provide direct links to quotes I said "I believe", if I was incorrect I apologize but I am almost certain what I mentioned has been said before on the forums

Also the reason it wouldn't really make sense is because why program the legendary to "Rampage in a town" when it can do that in a dungeon, it would be odd to find high level events occurring in low level towns etc also people will want to catch it for a pokedex as well as have it on their team, again, dungeons as a way of actually distributing the pokemon would probably be better as a form of event in the world than using towns at random
Also having multiple events around the world all display global announcements should never get to the point where so many events are happening at once that it spams the chat.

1 hour ago, Matoka said:

Its not okay because your other suggestion is secondary, there are no conditionals to rules, its not that hard to make a separate thread and edit yours, please follow forum rules when using their respective sub-forum

Everything I was unsure of or unable to provide direct links to quotes I said "I believe", if I was incorrect I apologize but I am almost certain what I mentioned has been said before on the forums

Also the reason it wouldn't really make sense is because why program the legendary to "Rampage in a town" when it can do that in a dungeon, it would be odd to find high level events occurring in low level towns etc also people will want to catch it for a pokedex as well as have it on their team, again, dungeons as a way of actually distributing the pokemon would probably be better as a form of event in the world than using towns at random
Also having multiple events around the world all display global announcements should never get to the point where so many events are happening at once that it spams the chat.

I'm sorry but you're not the one that is going to demand me to do that. Mod-wannabe much?

Also, if i did that, your posts complaining about it would become off-context.

Buddy, you're way too close-minded. Why can't a legendary rampage a town? What's so odd about it? Do they just have to sit in a dungeon and be like "TAKE ME BOY!!"? Also the suggestion i gave to the world events would just be to beat a pokemon for a prize or something, not catch him. Dungeons would be there if you want to catch them. Like the bosses from the Halloween Event and North Pole Event. You had to beat them for a prize, it's as simple as that. Did you actually read my suggestion and tried to use your head while doing so? All i'm saying here i said in my first post, in other words.

And duuuuude, you can time these events to happen ONCE every couple of hours, like 2 hours, there would be no chat spam. Why are you raising problems at every point when there's none?

Edited by Kailido