Best of 2016

1 hour ago, KaynineXL said:

Will the combatants officials be added or do you not plan on adding those?

As far as I know, they don't appear in the Hall of Fame, so no.

1 hour ago, LifeStyle said:

oh, didn't put me on that OU list

I see how it is, no love for Life

Sry to you, Torinnnnn, Rachoou and  AnGeLOrGuLlos. Your names should now appear in the appropriate list. Feel free to let me know if I have made other mistakes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dusclops' Trick House

OU:

KaynineXL: +2.3

enchanteur: +0.7

Kizhaz Sprouted

NU:

Blackjovi: +2

StriderxD: +0.5

Oceanic October Tournament

OU:

SpartacusGD: +2

pachima: +0.5

PokeMMO Autumn Showdown 2016: Qualifier #5

NU:

SweeTforU: +1

yangsam: +0.5

Oceanic NU Tournament

NU:

giantpipe: +2

Walpayer: +0.5

Kizhaz A Bone To Pick With You

OU:

Sebat: +2.3

Walpayer: +0.7

UU Starshower

UU:

Forfiter: +2

LifeStyle: +0.5

PokeMMO Autumn Showdown 2016: Qualifier #6

NU:

Artemiseta: +1

ZDFire: +0.5

UU Pink Claws

UU:

Sebat: +2

SoyHector: +0.5

Take it Slow Bro #2

OU:

belieberboy: +2

Kevola: +0.5

Kizhaz The Blues

UU:

Forfiter: +2

Sebat: +0.5

If anyone wants to help with the updates, send me pm xD

• 4 weeks later...

Kizhaz Doubles Up

Doubles:

XPLOZ: +2.3

Guerinf: +0.7

Oceanic OU November

OU:

Walpayer: +2

Takens: +0.5

Little Cup League #3

Little Cup:

KiiritoX: +2

Drieco: +0.5

Got busy, couldn't finish them all. Will finish the rest tonight. @gbwead if you noticed I did anything wrong, let me know. Also I couldn't figure out why LC column wouldn't arrange in the correct order.

• 3 weeks later...

Tyrone's Actual Never-Used Tournament

Gimmicks:

xSparkie: +2

flavawhat: +0.5

Do-Si-Doubles

Doubles:

Enchanteur: +2

overToasted: +0.5

IRRELEPHANT THUURSDAY

UU:

LifeStyle: +2

gbwead: +0.5

DOUBLE TROUBLE TOURNAMENT

Doubles:

Phobosz: +2

YUBELLLLLLLLLLLL: +0.5

JUST A PRANK TIER

Gimmicks:

XxxDragonDarkxxX: +2

DanRDx: +0.5

FEEL THE WRATH!

NU:

LKrenz: +2

DiDidIStutter: +0.5

IT'S NOT ALL DOOM & GLOOM

UU:

gbwead: +2

ZDFire: +0.5

POKEMMO PUPPY PATROL

OU:

belieberboy: +2.3

kinao: +0.7

CHRISTMAS PINE TOURNEY

OU:

Frags: +2

Aspiration: +0.5

SLIME TIME

NU:

ErickCP: +2

SidClassic: +0.5

OCEANIC DECEMBER TOURNAMENT

OU:

FlareBlitzz: +2

EVILJUDGE: +0.5

LITTLE CUP LEAGUE #4

LC:

EpicVerde: +2

Rynners: +0.5

TROPIUS' BEACH PARTY

NU:

BurntZebra: +2

yosoyarca: +0.5

THERE IS NO SPOON

Doubles:

DoubleJ: +2

OrangeManiac: +0.5

CHRISTMAS PINE TOURNEY #2

OU:

Raaidn: +2

ROITTH: +0.5

POKEMMO AUTUMN SHOWDOWN 2016: QUALIFIER #7

NU:

Deadwind: +1

Flavawhat:+0.5

POKEMMO AUTUMN SHOWDOWN 2016: QUALIFIER #8

NU:

DiDidIStutter: +1

Frags: +0.5

Autumn Showdown 2016 Finale

NU:

Frags: +3

gbwead: +2

Gazelli: +1.5

2016 was a very good year for PokeMMO's competitive scene. We got a lot of tournaments and exciting duels to spectate. I can't wait for 2017 and the new names that will surprise us. On a side note, I doubt I will make a Best of 2017 thread; it was more time consuming than I expected :/ I do hope however that someone or multiple people - with this scoring system or another - will take over ^^  If I made any scoring mistake, please let me know.

Best of 2016 Overall

736381887df220409a212e8469313a01.png

40e2187e0a5de3f16e0a2d95af9be832.png

c4256a818165dbd126dbe285d417ab89.png

802be0ec2b1ce27a207866b5e0a4f420.png

2c1008609b1d93b2acdcb22f13d839a2.png

For more detailed information about rankings, click this.

Congratulations to the 112 players that made it on the Best of 2016 Overall final list!

Congratulations to DoctorPBJ, our 2016 Gimmicks Champion!

Congratulations to Walpayer, our 2016 OU Champion!

Congratulations to giantpipe, our 2016 UU Champion!

Congratulations to Frags, our 2016 NU Champion!

Congratulations to Frags, our 2016 Doubles Champion!

Congratulations to Yettodie and enchanteur, our 2016 LC Chamions!

Congratulations to Frags, our 2016 Overall Champion!

Edited by gbwead

I was thinking some while ago creating some kind of a "power rankings" system, which has emphasis on the last 4-6 weeks performance but is somewhat cumulative as well. The thing is that list is sort of "opinionated" based instead of purely numbers, not sure if I will end up doing something like that but that's what I had in mind. Thought it would be cool to consider who are the "hottest" names of competitive scene by let's say each month or so, gives both bragging rights and also gives newbies some targets to beat to feed their ego. I also found working with the numbers really tiring like that, it honestly wasn't fun at all. Power rankings is something anyone can take on whenever they want and as they're not official - anyone can make their own list.

I forgot to add the LC seasonal!!

Magbrawl LC Finale

enchanteur: +2.4

BlueBreath: +0.8

Kriliin: +0.4

OrangeManiac: +0.4

10 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

I was thinking some while ago creating some kind of a "power rankings" system, which has emphasis on the last 4-6 weeks performance but is somewhat cumulative as well. The thing is that list is sort of "opinionated" based instead of purely numbers, not sure if I will end up doing something like that but that's what I had in mind. Thought it would be cool to consider who are the "hottest" names of competitive scene by let's say each month or so, gives both bragging rights and also gives newbies some targets to beat to feed their ego. I also found working with the numbers really tiring like that, it honestly wasn't fun at all. Power rankings is something anyone can take on whenever they want and as they're not official - anyone can make their own list.

I'm not sure I really understand your "power rankings" system, but go for it. Sounds cool.

2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I forgot to add the LC seasonal!!

Magbrawl LC Finale

enchanteur: +2.4

BlueBreath: +0.8

Kriliin: +0.4

OrangeManiac: +0.4

I'm not sure I really understand your "power rankings" system, but go for it. Sounds cool.

Well now that you gave me some more points pls add me Togepi Cup which I don't think have been included in my points yet :)

Uhm, power rankings is like valuing the teams based on their recent performance. Numerous e-sports use this as well as real sports, such as National Football League. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000764213/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-17-raiders-hawks-fall-packers-rise

Could use similar for players in PokeMMO.

Edited by OrangeManiac
Just now, OrangeManiac said:

Well now that you gave me some more points pls add me Togepi Cup which I don't think have been included in my points yet :)

Uhm, power rankings is like valuing the teams based on their recent performance. Numerous e-sports use this as well as real sports, such as National Football League. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000764213/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-17-raiders-hawks-fall-packers-rise

Could use similar for players in PokeMMO.

It should appear in Gimmicks, which do not count on the overall table.

19 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

I honestly feel like power rankings would be great. Although subjective they are ultimately fun and honestly more hype to look at than a spread sheet. I don't know if you are planning to do write ups and if you are just planning to do it for the top dogs in every tier or for more people but I think it would be great if you did, I'm sure lots of people would look forward to reading the thread after winning a tournament or two just to read what was written about them. If you are going to do this then would probably better to get others involved since its a lot of work, especially if you plan to do it year round.

2 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

These was like two of those before LC became a real "tier". But doesn't matter, I don't really mind.

I just think it would be too much to give you 2 pts for winning a tournaments with something like 8 participants. I think in one of those tourneys dragon rage was even allowed kek.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.