Make using a Fishing Rod close the "Not even a nibble" dialogue

Matoka

Question

Currently if you fail to land a Pokemon you must hit "A" or click the message box to dismiss the "Not even a nibble message", I feel it would be a large quality of life change if when you attempt to use a fishing rod item that this box closes and you attempt fishing again, with every other chat box I feel hitting "A" is ok, but maybe fishing could be an exception as fishing is quite tedious currently

Edited by Matoka

3 answers to this question

It was once possible to bind multiple keys to the same button on the keyboard and that was removed as it made automation that much easier.  I feel like for that reason this probably won't happen.  Seems like it would be a step backwards.

1 hour ago, Munya said:

It was once possible to bind multiple keys to the same button on the keyboard and that was removed as it made automation that much easier.  I feel like for that reason this probably won't happen.  Seems like it would be a step backwards.

Its mostly just annoying since a missclick gives you the "would you like to surf?" dialogue since they share the same button by default, it's only really a pain when you are doing it for a painfully long time, in my case hunting for a shiny Poliwag / Whirl

Edited by Matoka
22 hours ago, Matoka said:

Its mostly just annoying since a missclick gives you the "would you like to surf?" dialogue since they share the same button by default, it's only really a pain when you are doing it for a painfully long time, in my case hunting for a shiny Poliwag / Whirl

To avoid said misclick, you could surf and then fish. I don't think it's necessary for such an option to exist, as it's really easy to avoid the misclick and I don't see a point to implement a feature that would allow someone to avoid 1 second of work.