PSL V Betting Thread

5 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

Pika is pretty desired still and maintained its value decently over the past year and a half. Comparing it to the value of raichu is stupid because raichu isn't desired at all

Not really true. Shiny breeding is a thing now, and considering Raichu is Field + Fairy which have a bunch of cheap shinies, the price of Pikachu will be no more than 1m above Raichu.

Edit: Well actually, if we consider that some could be male, maybe add a little more. 

Edited by KaynineXL
12 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Not really true. Shiny breeding is a thing now, and considering Raichu is Field + Fairy which have a bunch of cheap shinies, the price of Pikachu will be no more than 1m above Raichu.

Edit: Well actually, if we consider that some could be male, maybe add a little more. 

When was raichu sold for around that much? If it was before shiny breeding, then argument is somewhat invalid. I don't really keep track of any shiny trades anymore so I can't really be sure of any relative values anymore. And there's always the difference between shiny value and yen value. If you expect pure yen for a shiny, you're gonna be getting a bad deal most of the time. 

18 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

When was raichu sold for around that much? If it was before shiny breeding, then argument is somewhat invalid. I don't really keep track of any shiny trades anymore so I can't really be sure of any relative values anymore. And there's always the difference between shiny value and yen value. If you expect pure yen for a shiny, you're gonna be getting a bad deal most of the time. 

I have no clue of shiny prices. I personally think that shiny values are so stupid, they shouldn't have a yen value and a shiny value. I don't see why the shiny value isn't the yen value and then we wouldn't have two different values.

My comment was basically saying comparing the price of Raichu & Pikachu isn't stupid since shiny breeding pretty much forces them to be similar in price provided they are in an egg group with cheap shinies.

Edited by KaynineXL
Just now, KaynineXL said:

I have no clue of shiny prices. I personally think that shiny values are so stupid, they shouldn't have a yen value and a shiny value. I don't see why the shiny value isn't the yen value and then we wouldn't have two different values.

My comment was basically saying comparing the price of Raichu & Pikachu isn't stupid since shiny breeding pretty much forces them to be similar in price provided they are in the egg group with cheap shinies.

No one is willing to pay pure yen price on a shiny more than like 6mil or so. So if someone wants to sell a shiny worth 30mil, they can either settle for like 15m pure yen, or can break down the shiny into 10 3mil shinies and sell all those for 2.5m each.

I was just questioning whether or not raichu being valued at a certain value was before or after shiny breeding was implemented. If that was before, its not surprising since it was permanently a raichu.