Questions to Devs regarding shinies (Little rant)

LifeStyle

4 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

i think ur mindset is wrong

you just see one side of it, you didnt see the other side of it

what im trying to say is the newbies who got their shinies are probably just the lucky 1% of all the newbies

of cuz they are gonna share their shinies at channel when they got it, but did you know the other half of newbies who didnt got their shinies?

let that sink in

2 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

If you really want a shiny, honestly, just get into a habit of every time you're not doing anything just go to a spot and search.

I did that with Route 114, I'v found 2 shinies there, but I know for a fact I was there for A LOT of hours because every single time I would have been afk, I would be there. The first time I just sat there for like a month and found altaria, then my lombre I was listening to PSL drafts on TS last season and my 'habit' kicked in where I'd just go sit at route 114 and I was oblivious to the fact I was even shiny hunting, then BAM.. A shiny appeared. 

Here is another tip, EV train. When you EV train, you could bump into one or two shinies. So far, I bumped into one shiny and that was my shiny Carvana...

2462a995ee00321001f6de36fc906073.png

If you want to catch a shiny, either EV train or shiny hunt.

4 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

Hi Devs, I got some questions for ya:

Why do you hate people who actually play this game? (Having at least 1k hours)

Why do you reward people who have less than 100 hours?

Why am I asking these questions? Idk, why do I constantly see noobs spamming their shinies on channels following with "OMG finally after 50 hours I got a shiny", reminding other players of how much ass this game is?

Should I just start all over since my account seems to be cursed? Should other people do the same thing?

Why am I wasting my life with this when I could be doing something productive with it?

Ty.

This is not trolling, I'm legit pissed.

No u

7 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

Here is another tip, EV train. When you EV train, you could bump into one or two shinies. So far, I bumped into one shiny and that was my shiny Carvana...

2462a995ee00321001f6de36fc906073.png

When did you find that?

Tbh, even if you find a shiny I doubt someone like you would be kinda happy about it, its honestly quite anti-climactic when you do find one, I found a male shiny persian and it made me a bit annoyed since it is virtually identical to regular persian and isn't worth much.

Very few people will actually find a valuable shiny, hence why they are valuable, Most people who find rare shinies are active shiny hunters that will spend weeks repetitively grinding even knowing it probably reduces their odds just to find a shiny that they want, otherwise you will probably just find an OT Tentacool or OT Zubat or something, which is effectively "Hey look, I found 400k that I can cash in on GTL".

I doubt that you will be happy just because you found a shiny, its so trivial why must you make such a huge deal of it, rant on forums despite you actually not even committing to finding your shiny like a shiny hunter would, I don't understand.

48 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

Fishing for 600 shards works too

ITT: How to grind instead of addressing the subject.

There are people with 40K encounters noted. I'm sure getting 500 shards don't take 40K encounters, nor does ev training 356 pokemon.

>Why are certain accounts "cursed" ?

Also on topic:

I heard Paydaying is a good method for encountering shinies. Just plant berries so you can have additional money income. *wink wink*

25 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Tbh, even if you find a shiny I doubt someone like you would be kinda happy about it, its honestly quite anti-climactic when you do find one, I found a male shiny persian and it made me a bit annoyed since it is virtually identical to regular persian and isn't worth much.

Very few people will actually find a valuable shiny, hence why they are valuable, Most people who find rare shinies are active shiny hunters that will spend weeks repetitively grinding even knowing it probably reduces their odds just to find a shiny that they want, otherwise you will probably just find an OT Tentacool or OT Zubat or something, which is effectively "Hey look, I found 400k that I can cash in on GTL".

I doubt that you will be happy just because you found a shiny, its so trivial why must you make such a huge deal of it, rant on forums despite you actually not even committing to finding your shiny like a shiny hunter would, I don't understand.

> Implying I don't hunt for shinies

Those 2-3 weeks I spent using 3k~ leppas+ donator status will state otherwise (Was going for Magmar btw), 3k leppas lets you use sweet scent 6k times which gives you 30k encounters (since you're finding 5 pokes in every horde), all that to find exactly 0 shinies. And I'm not even talking about those times I spent ev training my comps or other people's. Or those times I spent farming breeders or dittos.

Just now, Aerun said:

Got a Shiny bellsprout while Hunting for Shiny growlithe / vulpix at 14hours played on Aerun when I just switched account, i had more than 3000hours on khryon and 0 OT tho 

confirmed shiny luck decreases the longer you play

23 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

> Implying I don't hunt for shinies

Those 2-3 weeks I spent using 3k~ leppas+ donator status will state otherwise (Was going for Magmar btw), 3k leppas lets you use sweet scent 6k times which gives you 30k encounters (since you're finding 5 pokes in every horde), all that to find exactly 0 shinies. And I'm not even talking about those times I spent ev training my comps or other people's. Or those times I spent farming breeders or dittos.

Even if you shiny hunted, you should have begun knowing that it could take you a very very very long time to find it, remember that just because the odds are something akin to 1/30,000 does not mean you will find it in 30,000 encounters, You may have been unlucky, but that is the thing. it is luck. what do you expect the devs to do about it? all you can do is keep trying, its a good thing that it isn't as simple of spending 3k leppas = shiny magmar otherwise everyone would do it.