Questions to Devs regarding shinies (Little rant)

LifeStyle

1 minute ago, Matoka said:

Even if you shiny hunted, you should have begun knowing that it could take you a very very very long time to find it, remember that just because the odds are something akin to 1/30,000 does not mean you will find it in 30,000 encounters, You may have been unlucky, but that is the thing. it is luck. what do you expect the devs to do about it? all you can do is keep trying, its a good thing that it isn't as simple of spending 3k leppas = shiny magmar otherwise everyone would do it.

"simple"

Just now, LifeStyle said:

"simple"

What else do you want me to call a process that can be simplified to a 6 step process?

1. Buy Leppa berries
  2. Have a Sweet Scent pokemon
  3. Go to Mt. Ember
  4. Sweet Scent until you run out of PP
  5. Leppa Berry sweet Scent
  6. Repeat Steps 4 - 5 until you find a shiny

That seems simple, what else would you call it? Time consumption =/= difficult or complexity

2 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Even if you shiny hunted, you should have begun knowing that it could take you a very very very long time to find it, remember that just because the odds are something akin to 1/30,000 does not mean you will find it in 30,000 encounters, You may have been unlucky, but that is the thing. it is luck. what do you expect the devs to do about it? all you can do is keep trying, its a good thing that it isn't as simple of spending 3k leppas = shiny magmar otherwise everyone would do it.

That's the thing, in one of the threads (where kyu confirmed the shiny rate??), he said that having 30-40K encounters without a shiny is pretty "suspecting" and he'll look into it. 

Just now, Bishav said:

That's the thing, in one of the threads (where kyu confirmed the shiny rate??), he said that having 30-40K encounters without a shiny is pretty "suspecting" and he'll look into it. 

the thing is though is that there will always be someone who is unlucky with odds, it is naturally a part of RNG, it may well be unlikely to have 30-40k encounters without a shiny, however that still means it is possible if you are unlucky which Lifestyle may well have been, but sadly that doesn't mean anything for anyone else, its just unfortunate, nothing more. nothing can be fixed about that.

If there is an actual issue with the shiny chance then there is, but we can't tell so until we have proof or confirmation then we can only write it off as bad luck.

1 minute ago, LifeStyle said:

I mean, those 30k encounters were from mt ember only, Im not even counting the ammount of those other encounters I had since I started playing this.

and? It could still just mean you are unlucky, my point still stands.

5 minutes ago, Matoka said:

but we can't tell so until we have proof or confirmation 

Therefore this thread. 

Lately there have been many threads popping up in GD with the same encounter tracking agenda.

Please stop dismissing everything as RNG, when it's already been made clear in the past that the game actually has a method of auto cursing players which is not looked into by even the GMs.

Just now, Bishav said:

Therefore this thread. 

Lately there have been many threads popping up in GD with the same encounter tracking agenda.

Please stop dismissing everything as RNG, when it's already been made clear in the past that the game actually has a method of auto cursing players which is not looked into by even the GMs.

^ this

3 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Are you a dev? If not, your point means 0.

I apologize for giving you a realistic response, what on earth could I possibly know about a general concept such as "Chance", silly me, I should shut up clearly and leave explaining the simple concept of chance to the Devs.

In terms of the "Auto cursing" thing, it can be assumed that people grinding in one area will decrease your odds, it has NEVER been stated that it prevents you from finding a shiny at all, therefore I can still chop it up to RNG.

Edited by Matoka
1 minute ago, Matoka said:

In terms of the "Auto cursing" thing, it can be assumed that people grinding in one area will decrease your odds, it has NEVER been stated that it prevents you from finding a shiny at all, therefore I can still chop it up to RNG.

its good that you at least took the time to assume something. thanks for that.

you assumed that grinding in one area will decrease the odds, but that is the exact problem here.

Look at the thread suggestions, fishing shards, ev training, and many more things. Why is a player being punished for being dedicated enough to fish 600shards that he has a reduced odd than a random nobody who just shows up to the location?

i found 5 ot shiny's in the first 400 hours of gameplay on my liquidsnake account, 2 paras, marill, charmander, eevee. nothing for 1400 hours after that.. not including the 3 other accounts i have which each have about 200 hours logged. i dont afk i only breed, ev train and catch pokes for breeding.

explain how all of a sudden theres no shinys? i have 5 ot's between 2014 and early 2015 then nothing at all for 1400 hours.

Edited by sephiroth1977
1 minute ago, sephiroth1977 said:

i found 5 ot shiny's in the first 400 hours of gameplay on my liquidsnake account, 2 paras, marill, charmander, eevee. nothing for 1400 hours after that.. not including the 3 other accounts i have which each have about 200 hours logged. i dont afk i only breed, ev train and catch pokes for breeding.

explain how all of a sudden theres no shinys? i have 5 ot's between 2014 and mid 2015 then nothing at all for 1400 hours.

Your luck ran out after mander+eevee, lmao

4 minutes ago, sephiroth1977 said:

explain how all of a sudden theres no shinys? i have 5 ot's between 2014 and early 2015 then nothing at all for 1400 hours.

bro are you actually complaining after catching a mander + eevee? get out man 

Just now, BlackJovi said:

bro are you actually complaining after catching a mander + eevee? get out man 

ikr

Just now, sephiroth1977 said:

How come new players get shinys within the first 200 hours and vets get them after ridiculous amounts of time? 

b-bruh, you got 5 ots in 400 hours, 2 of them being mander+eevee, unless troll

lf pics