Questions to Devs regarding shinies (Little rant)

LifeStyle

Hi Devs, I got some questions for ya:

Why do you hate people who actually play this game? (Having at least 1k hours)

Why do you reward people who have less than 100 hours?

Why am I asking these questions? Idk, why do I constantly see noobs spamming their shinies on channels following with "OMG finally after 50 hours I got a shiny", reminding other players of how much ass this game is?

Should I just start all over since my account seems to be cursed? Should other people do the same thing?

Why am I wasting my life with this when I could be doing something productive with it?

Ty.

This is not trolling, I'm legit pissed.

Observational bias dictates that you will remember more newbies who get lucky with shinies than people who have actually played the game for a longer time

It is very likely that older players are more likely to find a shiny, however it is just RNG, why is it the dev's fault if someone is lucky. IMO shiny rate is fine

1 minute ago, Matoka said:

Observational bias dictates that you will remember more newbies who get lucky with shinies than people who have actually played the game for a longer time

It is very likely that older players are more likely to find a shiny, however it is just RNG, why is it the dev's fault if someone is lucky. IMO shiny rate is fine

They curse accounts for grinding, last time I checked skrubs don't grind, they're more focused on beating Misty or some shit.

13 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Hi Devs, I got some questions for ya: i'm not a dev but let's go

Why do you hate people who actually play this game? (Having at least 1k hours) they just hate ya :p

Why do you reward people who have less than 100 hours? they are just lucky and u no

Why am I asking these questions? Idk, why do I constantly see noobs spamming their shinies on channels following with "OMG finally after 50 hours I got a shiny", reminding other players of how much ass this game is? because they like to show off their luck and also because they have no social life. u should be proud of not being like them tbh

Should I just start all over since my account seems to be cursed? Should other people do the same thing? if u want to start grinding from scratch yhea

Why am I wasting my life with this when I could be doing something productive with it? u accepted the term of services that's why ur here

Ty. no you

This is not trolling, I'm legit pissed. i understand ur pain. well no xD

3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Every single lonely hour that ticks by before you find that first shiny, will make the final moment all that much sweeter when it comes

my shiny gyarados after 469 hours was hype.

my shiny fearow 4000 hours later was rage incarnate.

Just now, Rigamorty said:

my shiny gyarados after 469 hours was hype.

my shiny fearow 4000 hours later was rage incarnate.

I'm 3,000 hours removed from the shiny vulpix - i fully expect another tenta or maybe a marrill to be my drought-ending encounter. Will still be awesome though

1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

I'm 3,000 hours removed from the shiny vulpix - i fully expect another tenta or maybe a marrill to be my drought-ending encounter. Will still be awesome though

maybe the extra thousand hours is where the change of heart happens.

Don't give up, Lifestyle! I was at 6000+ hours when I got my first shiny (a Spearow which is an ugly little thing but I love him)! 

Whilst I know a few people who have found a shiny by actively shiny hunting, so many more people have had shiny encounters when they least expect it. I got mine going through the grass to heal my team at a Pokecentre. 

Good luck! Hope you get your shiny soon. :)

I am right here with you, LifeStyle. I got 1670 in-game hours. I grind money almost daily or whenever I play, ev train pokemons on my own, farm my own shards/items, farm my own breeders, breed them on my own. Yet, no OT shiny. These days, I barely think about that. I'll probably get it sometime or maybe I won't. 

If you really want a shiny, honestly, just get into a habit of every time you're not doing anything just go to a spot and search.

I did that with Route 114, I'v found 2 shinies there, but I know for a fact I was there for A LOT of hours because every single time I would have been afk, I would be there. The first time I just sat there for like a month and found altaria, then my lombre I was listening to PSL drafts on TS last season and my 'habit' kicked in where I'd just go sit at route 114 and I was oblivious to the fact I was even shiny hunting, then BAM.. A shiny appeared. 

Edited by KaynineXL
Edited for clarity reasons, so the tard below understands.
4 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

If you really want a shiny, honestly, just get into a habit of every time you're not doing anything just go to a spot and search.

I did that with Route 114, I'v found 2 shinies there, but I know for a fact I was there for A LOT of hours because every single time I was afk, I would be there. The first time I just sat there for like a month and found altaria, then my lombre I was listening to PSL drafts on TS last season and my 'habit' kicked in where I'd just go sit at route 114 and I was oblivious to the fact I was even shiny hunting, then BAM.. A shiny appeared. 

i don't think you know what afk means.

i passed much, much hour and every dayto catch ditto's.  and some hours to evtrain for me and for teammate whit donator but nothing.. the donator = waste of money, is only good for exp level up

idk why newbie have much % to find easy shinies..

(sorry my english)

Edited by DarylDixon