Final Fantasy thread

28 minutes ago, kloneman said:

A place to discuss Final Fantasy.

FF9 has got to be my favourite.

VII> all the rest. Don't think anything beats VII, prob top 3 of all the game I ever played. In fact I come back to playing it for a while. I loved IX too but to make the perfect run (Excalibur II) it made way too much effort.

Hyped for remake of VII as fuck

Edited by RysPicz

IX was really nice but didn't particulary like the kid-likes designs...

To be honest i liked all the Final Fantasy games for a reason or another, be it the story, the character, or just the gameplay system ( XII was amazing in that front ), it's honestly hard to say which one is my favorite, but i guess i'll have to go with Tactics, it shines in pretty much every aspect. A special mention to Crisis Core, had amazing story, characters, musics, was able to almost make me cry at the end....It just misses some freedom, it's way too linear to be a Final Fantasy with pretty much no world exploration option

Edited by londark

7 > 10 > 9 > 12 > 4 > 6 > the others > a pile of shit > 8 > 13 

7 10 and 9 all being really close because I liked those 3 in particular a lot. admittedly I never really played 8 much because I got bored of it, so I don't know if it maybe got better past where I was but fuck it. 13 was just trash. I also never have finished 6, last time i tried playing it I was emulating it on my psp which got stolen cutting the play through short.

Edited by Rigamorty
10 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

7 > 10 > 9 > 12 > 4 > 6 > the others > a pile of shit > 8 > 13 

7 10 and 9 all being really close because I liked those 3 in particular a lot. admittedly I never really played 8 much because I got bored of it, so I don't know if it maybe got better past where I was but fuck it. 13 was just trash. I also never have finished 6, last time i tried playing it I was emulating it on my psp which got stolen cutting the play through short.

8 could have been a good game if it wasn't for that stupid drawing system, you have to spend about 3 hours in the same area just to get 100 of each magic. Other than that though, it was fairly decent.

8 hours ago, lahel said:

FF9 best FF. Good shit OP

I absolutely loved the characters from FF9 especially Vivi. And i like how enjoyable the card game was even though it heavily relied on RNG.

Where have you been all my life, been looking for somebody like you.

Also all of this 7 love makes me sick, i hope the remakes suck.  Its all about 4.

13 hours ago, Munya said:

Where have you been all my life, been looking for somebody like you.

You're talking about the love for the card game right? I don't really hate ff7 myself

Tbh i'm a biased fan so i like every ff. Least liked was probably 12

Well. Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core is and will always be my favorite game from Square Enix

Spoiler

Prologue (Poem) 

When the war of the beasts brings about the world's end 

The goddess descends from the sky 

Wings of light and dark spread  afar 

She guides us to bliss, her gift everlasting 

Act I (Poem) 
Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess 
We seek it thus, and take to the sky 
Ripples form on the water's surface 
The wandering soul knows no rest. 
Act II (Poem) 
There is no hate, only joy 
For you are beloved by the goddess 
Hero of the dawn, Healer of worlds 
Dreams of the morrow hath the shattered soul 
Pride is lost 
Wings stripped away, the end is nigh 
Act III (Poem) 
My friend, do you fly away now? 
To a world that abhors you and I? 
All that awaits you is a somber morrow 
No matter where the winds may blow 
My friend, your desire 
Is the bringer of life, the gift of the goddess 
Even if the morrow is barren of promises 
Nothing shall forestall my return 
Act IV (Poem)
My friend, the fates are cruel 
There are no dreams, no honor remains 
The arrow has left the bow of the goddess 
My soul, corrupted by vengeance 
Hath endured torment, to find the end of the journey 
In my own salvation 
And your eternal slumber 
Legend shall speak 
Of sacrifice at world's end 
The wind sails over the water's surface 
Quietly, but surely 
Act V (Poem)
Even if the morrow is barren of promises 
Nothing shall forestall my return 
To become the dew that quenches the land 
To spare the sands, the seas, the skies 
I offer thee this silent sacrifice 

Edited by ShadowGray
Music added.
8 hours ago, lahel said:

You're talking about the love for the card game right? I don't really hate ff7 myself

Tbh i'm a biased fan so i like every ff. Least liked was probably 12

12 is mad underrated smh my personal favorite

1- FF X :Dope, best scenario, gorgeous relaxing environments ( spent hours just chilling in Besaid island's beach listening to that beautiful guitar ) dialogues, scenes, combat system, sphere grid, characters voices, full control of aeons, touching ending, i've beat it at least 7 times.
2- FF VI : Dope, classic combat system, opera scenes were very well made, 2 different world maps, amazing game for the SNES, and of course Kefka FTW.

3- FF IX : Beautiful, 4 cd roms that took me ages to finish, awesome characters, lots of comedy, pretty ending.
4- FF VII : Good, ( it's just that i'm not that fan of sci-fiction, if i want to play a FF , I'd rather have it be in a medieval era, but I do like the ps1 turn based battle system, unlike the ps4 version, which is a pure action /  beat em all. RIP battle system.
5- FF VIII : Kinda romantic, wasn't bad as people claim, not my best but i had fun playing it.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

FFX is my favourite! that game was way ahead of its time when it was released. The graphics and gameplay were amazing I lost count of how many times i played through it over and over growing up, I remember working so hard to get the stats up to defeat all of the Dark Aeons. Such an amazing game all the way through.

Dark Bahamut was my favourite :3

Fx6Te98.png

Anyone who hasn't played ffx I highly recommend you do even today! 

Edited by ShinyAsh
21 minutes ago, ShinyAsh said:

FFX is my favourite! that game was way ahead of its time when it was released. The graphics and gameplay were amazing I lost count of how many times i played through it over and over growing up, I remember working so hard to get the stats up to defeat all of the Dark Aeons. Such an amazing game all the way through.

Dark Bahamut was my favourite :3

Fx6Te98.png

Anyone who hasn't played ffx I highly recommend you do even today! 

A great game indeed, but it was FXII that was the best game on Ps2.

I fcked up I bought the entire package and used the code on a friend's ps4 lmfao. Now I gotta buy it again. At least it's cheap cuz the game is a few years old. I will play FFXIV cuz it seems similiar to XII and if it is in anyway I will be down to put in some real gaming time.

• 3 weeks later...