WWE Thread

Overall I really enjoyed watching Mania, there was hype, there was nostalgia, there was joy, there was sad. Quick review for each match:

Neville vs Austin Aries - Sick match, lots of those cool high-flying spots (Red Arrow is still bae), was expecting Aries to win tbh but looks like WWE is really decided on making Neville the face of the Cruiserweights. Shame that it was placed on the Kickoff tho, mostly because lots of people hadn't enter the arena yet which resulted in a weaker crowd reaction.

Andre The Giant Battle Royal - Dumb outcome imo, do people even care about Mojo Rawley? This match should have been won by Strowman, he's much more deserving for the last months he's had, but I guess Strowman is not friends with that NFL guy...

Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin - I skipped, looked just like a match that should air on Smackdown Live, wasn't really hyped at all about this one. Maybe woulda been cooler if it was Extreme Rules or something like that.

AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon - Really liked this one, it's amazing how Shane can hang with real wrestlers such as AJ Styles, also just happy AJ got his 1st ever WrestleMania win.

That one-handed Styles Clash and Shane's Shooting Star Press were the 2 things I liked most about the match.

Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho - Predictable outcome but was still enjoyable, Owens is just a beast and Jericho is Jericho and that's all we need. That powerbomb turned into a Codebreaker was sick. If Jericho is really leaving after this Mania I wonder who will be Owens' challenger. Probs Sami Zayn.

Raw Women's match - Too fast, coulda been way better, having 0 twists was lame. Match probs got some of its time cut out because of other matches taking longer, thought I'd see Banks turn heel on Bailey but didn't happen, had some cool spots tho like Charlotte's Corkscrew Moonsault, always fun to watch that move.

Raw Tag Team Title Match - My favorite of the night, 2 words : Hardy Boyz. Their return was hype as fuck, I'm still watching replays of it, crowd exploding with DELETE chants, crazy Jeff doing that Swanton from the top of the ladder. Looking forward to some hype matches in the tag team division now that the Hardys are in it (Hardys vs The Club, Hardys vs The New Day, Hardys vs The Revival).

Cena and Nikki vs Miz and Maryse - Maryse is so hot, god damn. My favorite part of the match was when Cena and Nikki were getting their asses kicked, but then came Super Cena comeback so yeah. Cena proposing to Nikki after the match was a smart move to get that Media coverage. Honestly tho, the promos leading up to this match were way better than the match itself.

Seth Rollins vs Triple H - Seth freaking Rollins is the man, I think this match had the 2 coolest entrances on the show, Rollins firing up the ramp with that torch was really dope. The match was great, but I feel like it could have had some twist to it too, probably would have been a good way to insert Samoa Joe in Mania by having him come out and try to cost Rollins the match, only to be stopped by the returning Finn Balor, who could then turn on Rollins and cost him the match, joining Triple H+Samoa Joe, idk just something. I guess Rollins needed that win tho so it's fine, but for real, where the hell was Samoa Joe?

Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt - Boring as all hell, it's a shame that Wyatt has such a cool character but sucks ass in the ring. Those visual mind games in the ring tho, with the crawlies and shit, was creepy in a cool way. I don't really think Orton's title reign will be a memorable one, just like his last ones.

Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar - That was fucking awesome. That is how you book a short match, had more spots than what I've seen in most 30-minute matches. Honestly yeah, everyone knew Lesnar would win here but it was still cool to watch him comeback from the 4 Spears (One of them through the barricade)+JackHammer since he got rekt by 2 Spears+JackHammer at Survivor Series, then he took that old man to Suplex City and finished with the F-5. Too bad Lesnar will most likely disappear with the Universal title now, only to comeback for SummerSlam to defend it aka lose it (Is what I'm guessing the scenario will be like).

Smackdown Women's match - Pretty disappointed by this one, all the teasing about what kind of match this would be and it turns out it was just a regular 6-pack challenge, like wtf WWE. So I guess "every woman available on the Smackdown roster" means 6 women now? Names like Kelly Kelly, Eve, Victoria and others were rumored to return and participate in this match but that obviously didn't happen. Meh.

Roman Reigns vs Undertaker - I cry. Yet another Reigns Mania main-event, third in a row and ofc he just had to beat Undertaker to get the "passing Torch". I say fuck that and fuck Reigns, he sucks. If this was really Taker's last match then it's sad that it resulted in a loss for him, he probably wanted it to be this way but still, could have gone to someone not named Roman Reigns. Only way I would agree to Reigns winning was if he turned heel by using a dirty tactic to steal the win, not the Cena 2.0 "lemme just throw random moves and then hit you with my finisher and gg ez" bullshit.

Hype for RAW after Mania tho, also Smackdown since Shelton Benjamin finally might make his return.

First WWE event watched in a while, I don't watch RAW or Smackdown, only the PPV's. 

Kevin Owens v. Jericho - Jericho is my favorite, and I didn't want this to happen but it was bound to. Fozzy is going on tour and Jericho won't be wrestling. Not a big fan of Owens either.

AJ Styles v. Shane - Wow, what a match, in my opinion match of the night.

Cena and Belle v. Maryse and Miz - Always been a fan of the Miz, something about him makes him a good heel. He played well to the crowd.

Orton v. Wyatt - Was expecting Orton to win prior to seeing the match, but when that special effects shit happened on the mat I thought maybe Wyatt would win. Bad ending, typical RKO outta nowhere.

Goldberg v. Lesnar - What the fuck did you expect

Roman Reigns v. Undertaker - Fuck Reigns, they are trying to put him up there with Cena. This big push is way too much. Entrance #30 in the last Rumble and now this? Not sure why Undertaker chose to pass the torch to him.

14 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Overall I really enjoyed watching Mania, there was hype, there was nostalgia, there was joy, there was sad. Quick review for each match:

Neville vs Austin Aries - Sick match, lots of those cool high-flying spots (Red Arrow is still bae), was expecting Aries to win tbh but looks like WWE is really decided on making Neville the face of the Cruiserweights. Shame that it was placed on the Kickoff tho, mostly because lots of people hadn't enter the arena yet which resulted in a weaker crowd reaction.

Andre The Giant Battle Royal - Dumb outcome imo, do people even care about Mojo Rawley? This match should have been won by Strowman, he's much more deserving for the last months he's had, but I guess Strowman is not friends with that NFL guy...

Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin - I skipped, looked just like a match that should air on Smackdown Live, wasn't really hyped at all about this one. Maybe woulda been cooler if it was Extreme Rules or something like that.

AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon - Really liked this one, it's amazing how Shane can hang with real wrestlers such as AJ Styles, also just happy AJ got his 1st ever WrestleMania win.

That one-handed Styles Clash and Shane's Shooting Star Press were the 2 things I liked most about the match.

Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho - Predictable outcome but was still enjoyable, Owens is just a beast and Jericho is Jericho and that's all we need. That powerbomb turned into a Codebreaker was sick. If Jericho is really leaving after this Mania I wonder who will be Owens' challenger. Probs Sami Zayn.

Raw Women's match - Too fast, coulda been way better, having 0 twists was lame. Match probs got some of its time cut out because of other matches taking longer, thought I'd see Banks turn heel on Bailey but didn't happen, had some cool spots tho like Charlotte's Corkscrew Moonsault, always fun to watch that move.

Raw Tag Team Title Match - My favorite of the night, 2 words : Hardy Boyz. Their return was hype as fuck, I'm still watching replays of it, crowd exploding with DELETE chants, crazy Jeff doing that Swanton from the top of the ladder. Looking forward to some hype matches in the tag team division now that the Hardys are in it (Hardys vs The Club, Hardys vs The New Day, Hardys vs The Revival).

Cena and Nikki vs Miz and Maryse - Maryse is so hot, god damn. My favorite part of the match was when Cena and Nikki were getting their asses kicked, but then came Super Cena comeback so yeah. Cena proposing to Nikki after the match was a smart move to get that Media coverage. Honestly tho, the promos leading up to this match were way better than the match itself.

Seth Rollins vs Triple H - Seth freaking Rollins is the man, I think this match had the 2 coolest entrances on the show, Rollins firing up the ramp with that torch was really dope. The match was great, but I feel like it could have had some twist to it too, probably would have been a good way to insert Samoa Joe in Mania by having him come out and try to cost Rollins the match, only to be stopped by the returning Finn Balor, who could then turn on Rollins and cost him the match, joining Triple H+Samoa Joe, idk just something. I guess Rollins needed that win tho so it's fine, but for real, where the hell was Samoa Joe?

Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt - Boring as all hell, it's a shame that Wyatt has such a cool character but sucks ass in the ring. Those visual mind games in the ring tho, with the crawlies and shit, was creepy in a cool way. I don't really think Orton's title reign will be a memorable one, just like his last ones.

Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar - That was fucking awesome. That is how you book a short match, had more spots than what I've seen in most 30-minute matches. Honestly yeah, everyone knew Lesnar would win here but it was still cool to watch him comeback from the 4 Spears (One of them through the barricade)+JackHammer since he got rekt by 2 Spears+JackHammer at Survivor Series, then he took that old man to Suplex City and finished with the F-5. Too bad Lesnar will most likely disappear with the Universal title now, only to comeback for SummerSlam to defend it aka lose it (Is what I'm guessing the scenario will be like).

Smackdown Women's match - Pretty disappointed by this one, all the teasing about what kind of match this would be and it turns out it was just a regular 6-pack challenge, like wtf WWE. So I guess "every woman available on the Smackdown roster" means 6 women now? Names like Kelly Kelly, Eve, Victoria and others were rumored to return and participate in this match but that obviously didn't happen. Meh.

Roman Reigns vs Undertaker - I cry. Yet another Reigns Mania main-event, third in a row and ofc he just had to beat Undertaker to get the "passing Torch". I say fuck that and fuck Reigns, he sucks. If this was really Taker's last match then it's sad that it resulted in a loss for him, he probably wanted it to be this way but still, could have gone to someone not named Roman Reigns. Only way I would agree to Reigns winning was if he turned heel by using a dirty tactic to steal the win, not the Cena 2.0 "lemme just throw random moves and then hit you with my finisher and gg ez" bullshit.

Hype for RAW after Mania tho, also Smackdown since Shelton Benjamin finally might make his return.

Agree entirely on the Neville thing. match had so much potential, and delivered but could've been even better if they were given more time. Would've been cool to see Killian Dian win the memorial for the fact of surprise factor. But yeah, Stroeman should've won it no doubt. Shane is incredible, crazy to see a guy whos 47 doing a shooting star press haha. HHH vs Seth was probably the best match for me, would've expected Samoa Joe to get involved though yeah especially considering he wasnt booked.  Randy vs Bray wasnt all that bad of a match, I wish Bray won though, cannot stand Randy as a champion, he's so fucking boring and bray is such an interesting character, WWE got it all wrong in this case for me. Hardy boyz though, still hyped asf. But yeah, Brock vs Goldberg was lit asf. Reigns/Taker. Meh. Fuck Roman.

On 4/3/2017 at 3:54 AM, DoubleJ said:

Also wtf the Hardy Boyz?! No. Give me Christian and Edge please and thank you. 

As awesome as it would be to see Edge and Christian as a tag team again it won't happen. Edge is one bad bump away from literal death or paralysis due to complications from his multiple neck surgeries.

I will say that I'm infinitely more interested in seeing a Braun Strowman v Lesnar program as opposed to a Lesnar v Reigns program. I mean, I get Reigns has potential but the crowd just doesn't like him. His mic skills are just not that great. He does need to go a different direction, and maybe let off script for a bit to see what happens.