Implement Auction Mode on GTL

LifeStyle

Question

Title, basically letting us set up a starting price for something and then let people bid on it (There could still be an instant buy price, like we have now).

Pros: Most people wouldn't have to price check something before listing on gtl

Noobs wouldn't have to worry about not knowing their shiny values before listing those on gtl (In 4-5 days I saw shiny spoink for 100k and shiny karp for 400k on gtl, both sniped af ofc).

Better way to understand the market values, since the value of something is determined by how much people are willing to pay for it.

Cons: So far, I thought of 0, but feel free to post if you find one.

If you could still have an instant purchase option, what's stopping people from putting the shiny spoink up with an instant buy of 100k still?

unfortunately those not in the know will still unfortunately sell for less than what they have is worth.

Although I would like an auction mode, I can't think of what i'd use it for, but hey.
Seems like we don't have enough highly expensive rare items for me to imagine a busy auction page, I can imagine like a stack of hats a day or something tho.

Auctions seems to be a good Idea for Pokemon, but Items kinda dont need it imo.

For Items u could implement a "Order-System" so that people order Items for 20k but other people sell them for 25k so the buyers and sellers can decide to either put them up or instant-buy things. It may help stabilizing the Item market even more.

1 hour ago, Matoka said:

If you could still have an instant purchase option, what's stopping people from putting the shiny spoink up with an instant buy of 100k still?

unfortunately those not in the know will still unfortunately sell for less than what they have is worth.

I don't think people would put a buy now clause on something they don't have a real value in mind tbh, if it was me I'd fetch for the highest offer.

You could even choose a starting bid so that people won't try to lowbid hoping they buy stuff for cheap.

1 hour ago, Uncandango said:

Would be great for 3+x30-31 IV dittos.

LVL 50 ready comps.

Agree.

1 hour ago, Astalav said:

Auctions seems to be a good Idea for Pokemon, but Items kinda dont need it imo.

Well. Depends.

I see where you're coming from for people trying to sell 99 qualot berries for more or less 2k; you don't want to auction each one.

But something like a knight helmet would warrant an auction as much as any other comp.

If we are gonna get auctions (which would be amazing).  We would need an entirely separate gtl-like entity for it to not get super confusing.  To make it easier to understand it could be a separate command from the menu called "PokeBay" or ATL for Auction Trade Link.  And while you guys are at it add my rental suggestion too. 

41 minutes ago, FuzzyRegirock said:

Why is everyone so quick to shut down this suggestion? 

Honestly I think this is a great idea, this would allow easier selling of many Pokemon if you have people competing for it. And there are already auctions on the forums so I don't see why not

I consider myself to be kinda of an expert when it comes to pricing stuff, so I get a lot of people asking "How much do you think this is worth", so I do think having auctions on gtl would help those people, idk maybe the people that are against this idea are the same people that stand hours on gtl sniping stuff. (Oh god, I repeated the word "people" so many times)

This is a nice suggestion, Lifestyle. I've recently been using the GTL as I've been dabbling in berry growing. I have to say it is a very addictive feature, you feel like you need to check it every 5 minutes. :p

I think an auction system of some kind would just be an even cooler addition. It would be nice to watch  how your stuff is doing or even watch auctions for expensive shinies. 

3 hours ago, Termi said:

I See one contra: If somebody Bets on a 400k (Swampert Comp for Example) and Has 500k at this moment, later He could be under 400k and cannot affort the price anymore. Solution: Reserve the money for pokemon/item in gtl?

Well, that would be a good idea as it would also prevent fake bids to inflationate the price on something.

10 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Well, that would be a good idea as it would also prevent fake bids to inflationate the price on something.

With that I think its implementable

I'm in favor of auctions, but how would the listing fee work in the case specifically?

5% on minimum bid? A 5% cut from your the definitive sales price? 

The taxation aspect needs to remain present in some form or another.

So it would look something like this: (example)

Lvl 5 - Abra - Shiny - Current Bid - Buy-out price - Time left till end of auction - Buy: Bid / Buy-out

Time of the auction would have to be limited to 3 days max in my opinion. (Options of 1-2-3 days possible, difference in tax)

When you bid, the money will leave your wallet. If someone outbids you, your offer will be sent back to you by mail.

If your bid is the highest at the end of the auction, the pokemon will be sent to you by mail.

15 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

I'm in favor of auctions, but how would the listing fee work in the case specifically?

A 5% cut from your the definitive sales price? 

It can always work like this:

-You're putting shiny abra on auction, with Binding starts at 1m (cause no value disscussion, right?)

-GTL takes tax for 1m  which is 50k (We will call it Tax1)

Auction goes on. 

Someone won Abra for 1.8m (Price1). Tax for 1.8m is 90k (Tax2) but since you've allready paid 50k in tax, gtl gives you:

FinalPrice= Price1 - (Tax2-Tax1)

in this case

FinalPrice= 1.800.000 - (90.000 - 50.000)

FinalPrice= 1.760.000 

That way, player will pay only while listing pokemon/item for gtl. 

3 minutes ago, bearminator said:

-You're putting shiny abra on auction, with Binding starts at 1m (cause no value disscussion, right?)

Auction goes on. 

Someone won Abra for 1.8m (Price1). Tax for 1.8m is 90k (Tax2) but since you've allready paid 50k in tax, gtl gives you:

in this case

FinalPrice= 1.760.000 

Or you know let em pay additional tax to take out the money from the auction

3 hours ago, Tyrone said:

5% on minimum bid? A 5% cut from your the definitive sales price? 

The taxation aspect needs to remain present in some form or another.

So it would look something like this: (example)

Lvl 5 - Abra - Shiny - Current Bid - Buy-out price - Time left till end of auction - Buy: Bid / Buy-out

Time of the auction would have to be limited to 3 days max in my opinion. (Options of 1-2-3 days possible, difference in tax)

When you bid, the money will leave your wallet. If someone outbids you, your offer will be sent back to you by mail.

If your bid is the highest at the end of the auction, the pokemon will be sent to you by mail.

Yeah man I'm too dumb to think about that part, but it seems like you figured it out

5 hours ago, bearminator said:

Auction goes on. 

in this case

FinalPrice= 1.760.000 

Tax1 useless :x

People gonna make 1$ first bid, and only pay Tax2. So ... Just dont make this Tax1.

On 29.05.2016 at 7:33 PM, Raederz said:

Tax1 useless :x

People gonna make 1$ first bid, and only pay Tax2. So ... Just dont make this Tax1.

What.

I mean.. If they post it for 1$ first bid, they still pay 1000$ tax , so.

Tax1 isn't useless with that, because if it wouldn't be kept, people would spam with free-listing pokemons