Remove "Unknown OT" in breeding

It sucks. 

Doesn't make sense since you are indeed the OT of the egg, it shouldn't matter what the parents' OTs are.

If this is because the new OT thing in dex, breeding random things just to get OT would be a waste of money, so I don't see people doing it.

Just now, Kouteshi said:

Buying breeders off others is not much likely anymore because of this.

Pls fix

Female breeders yeah, but you can use Male breeders from others (which I feel have been increasing in price, I would know since I use gtl all the time for my breeds).

5 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Female breeders yeah, but you can use Male breeders from others (which I feel have been increasing in price, I would know since I use gtl all the time for my breeds).

Still this makes no sense,i don't see how this makes the system better.I mean if they updated the game with this feature,the objective was to improve the game.

People who care about this "OT" thing,say this has to be removed.The ones that don't care much just say "This doesn't matter much"

So i don't see how this improves.

Staff please reply to this thread <.<

Edited by Kouteshi
9 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

If they removed that, they'd also have to remove shiny breeding. Unless those choose to let any random nub and their mothers to get OTs shinies when they like.

Keep Unknown OT, thanks devs.

tbh just make that unknown thing for breeding shinies only, like what if you hatch a shiny while randomly breeding? it's a legit way of getting a shiny, and the fact that it won't have your OT is ass

Just now, Toast said:

tbh just make that unknown thing for breeding shinies only, like what if you hatch a shiny while randomly breeding? it's a legit way of getting a shiny, and the fact that it won't have your OT is ass

That's a pretty good idea.

Changing back now would make all these Unknown OT none shiny pokes rare though.

8 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

If they removed that, they'd also have to remove shiny breeding. Unless those choose to let any random nub and their mothers to get OTs shinies when they like.

That wasn't the reason behind the mechanic (to my understanding) it was simply an added bonus.

Personally, I don't think the OT of a shiny matters in the slightest.

Not everyone agrees however.

10 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

That's a pretty good idea.

Changing back now would make all these Unknown OT none shiny pokes rare though.

i'd value my own/friend's OT more than Unknown OT, it's really just text but it looks better

10 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

That wasn't the reason behind the mechanic (to my understanding) it was simply an added bonus.

i can see where you're coming from with that, but most (if not all) people find an OT shiny a sort of accomplishment on this game

Just now, Darkshade said:

Well, it's quite a coincidence they were both introduced in the same update if it didn't play a decent sized role in the mechanic. I really don't see any other use it has. If you're right though, I'd be interested to know the reasoning of it being added if it wasn't for shiny breeding.

I honestly don't care about shinies at all. I only really care about those with my OT on it. I would dislike it if the sentimental value of OTs would be destroyed by not having the 'Unknown OT' mechanic.

22 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

I honestly don't care about shinies at all. I only really care about those with my OT on it. I would dislike it if the sentimental value of OTs would be destroyed by not having the 'Unknown OT' mechanic.

I'm a big meanie who thinks that sentimental value is irrelevant to economics and isn't worth the benefits of allowing people to breed shinies they desire.

Again, that's just like my opinion man.

To answer your question, the mechanic was introduced for the sake of the 'OT' Dex - making sure that players had actually gone out and caught all of the species first hand.

EDIT:

22 minutes ago, Toast said:

i can see where you're coming from with that, but most (if not all) people find an OT shiny a sort of accomplishment on this game

I know, it's totally not though - since it's largely due to RNG.

I understand that 'time' plays a big factor, but since shinies aren't behind 'killing a boss' or something of the sort there really isn't much difficulty behind it.

I apologize for not being any fun.

22 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Keep Unknown OT, thanks devs.

Actually forgot about shiny breeding, but yeah like toast said, the "Unknown OT" could remain for shiny breeding only.

Ayy you only need 1 female mon in the entire chain of breeding to make it your OT.  Just catch a mon with shitty stats in female that you want to breed and go from there. You can even force it to be female with a trash ditto first for the 85/15's. 

I'm even less fun than Darkshade - I can safely say that this won't be happening.

As well as affecting shiny breeding, the Unknown OT mechanic prevents players from easily obtaining a full OT dex by purchasing rare species and breeding them with common species such as Ditto and Rattata. To my knowledge, this is the main reason for the mechanic.

If you want your OT on a finished breed, it's not exactly difficult to do. Simply start by catching a single Pokemon of the species you want, and make sure it's always used as the mother or non-Ditto parent. Males and Dittos bought from other players can be used freely without affecting your OT, and bought females can be used to create more male breeders.

• Rache locked this topic