The First Nintendo Television Console!

Nintendo Television Consoles  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What was your first Nintendo television console?

• Nintendo Entertainment System
    • Super Nintendo Entertainment System
    • Nintendo 64
    • Nintendo GameCube
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Nintendo Wii U

I would like to introduce my topic by answering the poll's question, my first Nintendo console I ever owned was the Nintendo 64! The Nintendo 64 introduced me to the world of Pokemon and here I am today! My theory is that the console you first owned would increase your chances of liking a franchise. Pokemon as a franchise debuted when the Nintendo 64 was just coming out. As I grew older, I started to understand the inner workings of Pokemon as a whole and printed articles from IGN about Pokemon Stadium. Believe it or not, Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 taught me about the general competitive mechanics (like type match-ups, status moves, etc). PokeMMO has been doing most of the teaching about the competitive scene, but sometimes you can use some of the general knowledge you acquired from the older games (for the exception of the Physical/Special split, Competitive Items, etc). Sometimes I felt like I was in Earl's classroom when I was being taught about the competitive scene (Earl was a character in Pokemon Stadium 2 that had his own school). It may sound strange, but I still have that console today and it still works. I pop in Pokemon Stadium one day, The World is Not Enough another day, Tom and Jerry Fists of Furry the day after that and so on. In fact, me typing this post is making me want to play those games, but there is one huge setback to me doing this, it would make me feel extremely lonely... I enjoy communicating with my fellow PokeMMO players. Just to give a few examples, I love receiving mail, asking for screenshots of people's sprites for upcoming YouTube projects, spectating battles, acquiring comps, etc. I am not saying that I love constant communication, but just a PM every now and then is satisfactory for me.

8fe817a10a94e7d69d8ea17fee86800d.png

Edited by Bestfriends
7 minutes ago, Tyrone said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1c5bbae992.jpg

Yes it's mine

This is my favourite.

First one was a normal Gameboy though.

Nice, my Nintendo 64 console I have at home is the funtastic black colour. (I've had this exact console model since my childhood and it stuck with me for all these years)...

(this is what my console looks like, but I don't own this exact console, this is a picture I found on Google Images)

0c1d6a9ec838252427e16ebc6a75afcc.png

Edited by Bestfriends

Wow I can't believe I was the only one that started with a NES. I mean it was the first console my family owned, though it was not the first I played. The N64 was the first I played

And to tell ya the truth, I actually hooked my N64 back up a few days ago and have been playing good old Mario Party and Yoshi's Story on it

NES was both the first I "owned" and played, I say "owned" cause it was more my families, Gameboy was the first thing I technically personally owned. Also got the SNES(again family thing not personal) fairly early in my life, not long after it came out. 

Super Mario 3, Bubble Bobble, and Galaga best games of my childhood.

Still can't do a Super Mario 3 playthrough without going through the world with the giant sprites or the world with the tanooki suit/karibo boot

Boss Bass sucks though.

not old enough to have the luck of playing the oldest console. Buy I do remember play super mario bros in 2002 when I was 2-3 years xD

Well either the age or the year is wrong. But math is way to hard but I'm sure it was when I was very young

Edited by Monnyz
  • 1 month later...
On 13/05/2016 at 8:58 PM, Kizhaz said:

I got a gameboy colour back in 2000, but my first tv console was the gamecube in 2003? Its still plugged in and ready to go on my room

I do have a Gameboy colour, but I hardly use it. I use a GBA with the bright light screen to play some of my old Gameboy colour games. My childhood gaming experience was the opposite of yours, my first system I ever had was a Nintendo 64 and my second system was the Game Boy Advanced. (I picked up the Gameboy colour just for a collector's item)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/12/2016 at 1:22 PM, Ploegy said:

Wow I can't believe I was the only one that started with a NES. I mean it was the first console my family owned, though it was not the first I played. The N64 was the first I played

And to tell ya the truth, I actually hooked my N64 back up a few days ago and have been playing good old Mario Party and Yoshi's Story on it

i started with NES but didnt play it much, only played a couple of super mario 3, final fantasy and battle city huehue

what i really like is my gameboy color and my pokemon crystal................goddamn memories

On 25/08/2016 at 6:01 PM, TJXD said:

]gba2.jpg

Had an advance in this dope colorway

I had the Gameboy Advanced SP. My first GBA was a black and white one like this...

e693c289591a66e22ee81e7925ae10a6.png

I currently own these two Gameboys (I love the back light capabilities).

f59bee6b3cc22fccb73c757773d66a40.pngdf752d06511891c77e82a6f5b1643ad5.png

On 29/08/2016 at 9:45 AM, Kizhaz said:

When it comes to handhelds, I got a colour when I was 5. It's sitting on my shelf next to me along with my SP and all the pokemon game boxes I still have (rip whatever happened to Yellows box).

I know how you feel, I've been trying to look for my Pokemon Stadium box in the attic.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...