[PSL V] Player Signups [Ends at 11:59 EST, May 19th]

Well I got persuaded to sign up and also I would like to be involved in the team camaraderie. 

IGN: Noad

Timezone: BST

Tiers: VGC / ORAS OU

Due to being a GM in game I will not be participating in PokeMMO Tiers in game as I dont want my team (if I get bought) to be open to allegations of having an unfair advantage. But I am still up for practise matches to help out team mates. :)

Edited by Noad
Made mistake

From the administrative decisions thread:

Situation: SfSkump is inactive.

SfSkump hasn't even opened the Mariachis team PM. Clearly SfSkump is away from this game.

Result: Linken will get a sellback from SfSkump and gets 2.250 for midseason auction. SfSkump will be blacklisted from PSL for Season 5. Like in the rules of the PSL, do not sign up to PSL if you do not plan to be active.

Zebra is right, but I'll allow skump to play if he truly intends to stay active this season. It's in the rules not to sign up if you plan on going inactive, but I doubt skump planned on going inactive before signing up - sometimes shit happens IRL and it pulls you away from the game. Linken got his credits back, so I'd consider a full season punishment for this a little harsh. Anyone who intends to draft him this season will know the risk going in

5 minutes ago, Vorred said:

can we add 'don't worry about being blacklisted for a season if you're friends with the host' to the rule just so its clear

Just so it's clear, I wasn't the host last season and I have no problem amending rulings I don't agree with

honestly if frexas messaged me asking if he could play I'd reverse that blacklisting too - i'm generally gonna lean towards letting people play whether i'm friends with them or not, unless the crime was heinous

Edited by Gunthug
19 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Just so it's clear, I wasn't the host last season and I have no problem amending rulings I don't agree with

honestly if frexas messaged me asking if he could play I'd reverse that blacklisting too - i'm generally gonna lean towards letting people play whether i'm friends with them or not, unless the crime was heinous

how many times do you have to not turn up for you to actually enforce the rules

because if I remember, Skump also left halfway through the season as a manager too.

17 hours ago, Gunthug said:

Zebra is right, but I'll allow skump to play if he truly intends to stay active this season. It's in the rules not to sign up if you plan on going inactive, but I doubt skump planned on going inactive before signing up - sometimes shit happens IRL and it pulls you away from the game. Linken got his credits back, so I'd consider a full season punishment for this a little harsh. Anyone who intends to draft him this season will know the risk going in

Would be at least fair to let a manager + host to know about such inactivity. ThinkNice often decided to just give warnings and not ban when being inactive was done in a polite way by letting manager and host know and preferably explaining why the player couldn't play that season. When nothing was let to know to host + manager ThinkNice wasn't that nice and usually gave 2 season bans. I decided to host with the same way. It's just unnecessary nuisance for the host and manager to be completely unaware what is the situation and what to do and so on. I know life can take over at any point unexpectedly and not be able to play the match / week but it probably doesn't take long to write one message explaining this.

I'm not going to argue that Skump should stay blacklisted for season 5, if you find it that it's best to lift the ban and you're convinced he's gonna be active that's completely fine by me. I just treated his case like I would treat anyone else's.

I hope you understand how detrimental sellbacks are for PSL, though.

Edited by OrangeManiac

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.