Fishing

Fuck you it's kind of a sport, it counts.

Weather is getting hotter and so am I, which means it's fishing season. Haven't caught shit this year, but I'll be damned if I don't pull something out of the river in the next couple months.

Discuss fishing.

Fishing it the #1 sport, what you going on about kind of a sport.  If things work out well will hopefully get a trip in in the coming weeks, and maybe do some camping in a month or two, and not only have drum to show for it.

42 minutes ago, Munya said:

Fishing it the #1 sport, what you going on about kind of a sport.  If things work out well will hopefully get a trip in in the coming weeks, and maybe do some camping in a month or two, and not only have drum to show for it.

me and some friends set a date for late june to charter a boat for a 10 hour trip fishing out on the ocean, will be my first time fishing from a boat, i'm pretty hype for it

2 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

Hmm, I really am craving fishing actually.

I really need to go this summer.

that's how i felt all winter, as soon as the weather got decent I was out there. only gone like 3 times so far, so i really need to get my shit together

9 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

that's how i felt all winter, as soon as the weather got decent I was out there. only gone like 3 times so far, so i really need to get my shit together

I'm might make plans to go on the weekend if it's warm.

Can either go river fishing or carp pool fishing. Carp pool fishing is more enjoyable for me because I'm the impatient type and those pools are teeming with big carps. River fishing is more of a challenge and takes a lot of patience.

What do you fish?

Just now, KaynineXL said:

I'm might make plans to go on the weekend if it's warm.

Can either go river fishing or carp pool fishing. Carp pool fishing is more enjoyable for me because I'm the impatient type and those pools are teeming with big carps. River fishing is more of a challenge and takes a lot of patience.

What do you fish?

Lately I've been going to a river that a lot of people fish at in my town, it runs right through Main Street so it's pretty cool. I have yet to catch anything there though, but that's kinda why I keep going back because I don't want it to defeat me. I've caught from other rivers, and I've seen people catch in this river, so I dunno why I can't manage it.

Other times I go to the ponds that are part of the cranberry bogs (they're fucking everywhere in my town/state) for when I just feel like going and catching something easy.

40 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

Lately I've been going to a river that a lot of people fish at in my town, it runs right through Main Street so it's pretty cool. I have yet to catch anything there though, but that's kinda why I keep going back because I don't want it to defeat me. I've caught from other rivers, and I've seen people catch in this river, so I dunno why I can't manage it.

Other times I go to the ponds that are part of the cranberry bogs (they're fucking everywhere in my town/state) for when I just feel like going and catching something easy.

Oh cool, there's literally a big river that's 5 minute walk from me, so I used to fish there a lot, especially back when I was in high school. I always struggled to find fish in the river, I'd say I'd be lucky to get 1 in a trip, if I were to go with friends or my dad they'd usually catch a bunch, maybe I'm just bad lol. Also, if I follow the river down about 30mins walk the water starts to get real fast, I once fished there because apparently it's a good spot to find Pike(which I'v always wanted to catch but I'v still never found one), I managed to catch an eel which was a pain in the ass to get off the hook.

The only thing I'm too terribly interested in at the river is the fish that took off with my line up river before getting off it, kills me that I have no clue what it was or how big it was.  Either didn't set the hook well or it just wasn't on it good in the first place.

I live on a river so I can walk out back whenever and go fishing. I'd have to say the most memorable fishing moment for me was when my rod got pulled into the river one night, then the next morning my uncle hooks my rod and reels it in from the bottom of the river

1 minute ago, Kizhaz said:

I live on a river so I can walk out back whenever and go fishing. I'd have to say the most memorable fishing moment for me was when my rod got pulled into the river one night, then the next morning my uncle hooks my rod and reels it in from the bottom of the river

The question I must ask, was there still a fish on the line?

1 hour ago, Kizhaz said:

Man... I don't know about that.

Aren't you scared a croc will come out and bite your face off?

39 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I swear you and munya had this very same conversation like 2-3 years ago, but still HYPE for fishing

I fish every year, wouldn't surprise me.

I don't remembering having this conversation with riga, think I have with goldeneyes though.

On 10/5/2016 at 7:33 AM, DoubleJ said:

When fishing is life

1085141_10151924732029305_1826748017_o.j

Background: My boys told me there would be mud, so bring some boots. Fuckers brought waders because it was a damn swamp. So I dropped my pants and waded in. Freaking 45 degrees outside then. 

That would make for an awesome new pic of me to use on other forums

been fishing since i was able to walk. going to try out spear fishing when i can find a place to make a spear(messy) or buy one. it's ok but it's all about food for me. fishing=/=life.

also 

sleep all morning

stay up all night

fish all day

make up lies

this is the only fishing poem thats any good.

1 minute ago, fredrichnietze said:

it's ok but it's all about food for me. fishing=/=life.

that's a good point you brought up for conversation, how does everyone else feel about this kinda thing?

I've never eaten or even killed anything i've caught, I always just catch and release. I know it may seem almost cruel, but yeah, like I said in the OP, it's a sport dammit.