Super Smash Bros. Discussion Thread

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 3:07 AM, Linken said:

since ultimate has been out for a month now i'll be reviving this

what do you think of the game so far?

Honestly, I dig the fact that there's a mini-storyline but I think there's a LOT of bugs the game still needs to work on. I've had a blast suing with my friends but matchmaking has been so broken, I always get the different match specifications than the ones I ask for.

Overall, though, I love the characters, the gameplay, and everything to come!

Also, Pikachu master race

I can't say I've had matchmaking problems ever since they updated that in the first patch. Sometimes I get omega forms over battlefield forms which is whatever or maybe it's 6 minutes over 7 but that never really makes a huge difference for me when playing 1v1 anyways. My biggest problem with matchmaking is being unable to switch characters when battling someone but that's about it

Honestly though I've had a blast with ultimate and man messing around in arenas is a blast and pretty enjoyable. It gives a different kind of practice than what quick play/elite smash gives which is nice for working on my 1v1 when I need to.

As for how I like it, well, I love the game. It feels so quick and smooth and so many characters just feel so great and rewarding to play. Things are pretty balanced given the roster size and I find that incredible. The soundtrack is fantastic and god I have found some gems in this game if you don't think Ring a Ding is top tier then you're wrong

But really I don't think Yoshi has felt this great to play as ever and that just makes my playing experience even better. Always gotta love when your main plays in such a wonderful manner. I've also had a lot of fun with characters I really never expected to play much of and I actually dropped old pocket characters to pick them up instead. Mostly Palutena, Link and Inkling to replace my Ness/Lucas and Corrin.

The greatest thing though? How hype Piranha Plant is as a character. Who knew a plant would become one of my favorite characters to play as. I have no regrets jumping in the plant gang lmao

All in all, I love the game and I definitely will be sinking plenty more hours into it gotta have it match my 760 hours of Splatoon 2 eventually lmao

Before I go though, gotta get in the obligatory Yoshi is high tier before the fun ends, he drops to mid tier and everyone forgets about him again like in Sm4sh

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...